Render Distance

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Render Distance

Post by DHRifleman »

Tod1d wrote:
Ravenousfox wrote:I haven't got a slow GPU. :roll:
I saw the animal render in a open field right before my eyes.
I don't believe it. I don't mean that in a mean way. I don't think you're lying, just wrong. ;)

I've ranged animals coming in/out of render many times, and it's always 200/220. A little longer if the elevation is different, but never shorter.

Unless there was some kind of bug in effect at the time ?? And I don't recall anyone ever reporting a bug of that sort. I'd have to see it to believe it.
At 170 meters while glassing you can see objects that you can't without the binos, so you can actually un-render what would block the animal when dropping the binos making it appear as it just rendered at 170. It takes a couple of steps and you glass it again and it shows 170 with nothing blocking it.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

DHRifleman wrote:At 170 meters while glassing you can see objects that you can't without the binos, so you can actually un-render what would block the animal when dropping the binos making it appear as it just rendered at 170. It takes a couple of steps and you glass it again and it shows 170 with nothing blocking it.
Ahhhh, so 170 is a LOD threshold. Now that I believe. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

Haha ok I’ll keep my mouth shut. Thank you guys for correcting my errors,btw yes I it’s been a while since I’ve been in math class.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Tod1d wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:At 170 meters while glassing you can see objects that you can't without the binos, so you can actually un-render what would block the animal when dropping the binos making it appear as it just rendered at 170. It takes a couple of steps and you glass it again and it shows 170 with nothing blocking it.
Ahhhh, so 170 is a LOD threshold. Now that I believe. ;)
Actually, I think it is a bit closer than that, but the binos push it out farther.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “General Chat”