New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Mahina

Re: New Reservat: Piccabeen Bay

Post by Mahina »

Please get rid of the water bottle mechanic!
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

I bought 3 extra water bottles because 3 are not enough with the outback outfit i start overheating within 20min.
now I started a new hunt and my extra bottles are gone.
Can we only keep the 3?
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Mahina wrote:Please get rid of the water bottle mechanic!
Yes, it's just boring. I tried play Bushrangers (clothing Sneaky 3D Arid) and was overheat after 20 real minutes. What a bad mechanic-idea.
Now we have to wait a whole week for a fix. I would like to see a faster hotfix for such problem.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Again, huge frame drops in some areas.

From 60 -> 20 fps

Unplayable.

MfG L.E.

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Prinz1989 wrote:I bought 3 extra water bottles because 3 are not enough with the outback outfit i start overheating within 20min.
now I started a new hunt and my extra bottles are gone.
Can we only keep the 3?
I wouldn't be surprised if they'd work very much like ammunition. The free boxes get replenished, but additional items will be used up permanently.

Not that I think that would be nice, but it would be an EW typical duck move.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

https://photo.thehunter.com/9e/43/9e439 ... 3398f0.jpg

used the wrong weapon, thought i had the 300
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

This new tropical reserve/release is a hot mess. -chuckle- No, really, it is.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining everything wrong/broken with it. Enough people have stated just about all of it and EW knows exactly how wrong/broken this release is even before they released it. I will mention a few things, though; 1) Are there not flowers or any other colorful plants in a tropical forest? All I see is endless kilometers of varying shades of brown and green. Hell, even the non-huntable critters I see flying around are ..wait for it ..black, 2) The heating up/water bottle thing is like a bad joke, and I also do not appreciate having to carry around another thing when our carrying capacity is oh so precious. Also, during the live stream and since after, all I've heard is that we get three bottles of water for free. It's not three bottles, it's one bottle with three uses. Saying EW is giving us three bottles has been misleading, confusing and outright wrong. It's like saying when I buy a mini scent elim it's ten individual cans instead of one can with ten uses in it. 3) The pigs, wow. EW still went ahead with them even after seeing such a bad community response to them pre-release. I've never seen such a negative response to any new addition in my time here. This is a real head-scratcher. Escaped barnyard animals are exactly what I don't want to see in a brand spanking new, tropical reserve, no matter if they actually do exist in such a place. It totally blows away any immersion one can have in a tropical, virtual setting and makes no sense to me. The species list wasn't completely filled up with the release of TT, with the addition of the grey wolves later, and I simply don't understand why the same couldn't have been done with this new reserve. This is a monumental fail for me, far beyond all of the other fails I see for this reserve.

I've been around for three reserve releases now. WR was a complete disaster and almost killed EW. TT was nice, there were bugs but they were tended to pretty quickly, save for the "endless roaming" bug which was only fixed recently. Now comes PB, and it seems to be right on par with the WR release. The difference is, WR was absolutely rushed in order for EW to fulfill their boxed retail obligations. Now that EW no longer releases boxed retail versions, what/who are they beholden to exactly? There was no reason to release this broken/screwy reserve ahead of its time. The fact that it was released during the holiday season, and holiday "event"(aka the "buy this stuff if you want a cookie picture" event), makes even less sense to me. But hey, at least their whole office is going on a month-long holiday vacation very soon. :lol:

All of my reserves are nicely set up with lots of equipment, but I won't be buying or permanently placing a single piece of equipment for this new reserve. I'm not even buying the new camo for it because we should have been given a special-weather, non-camo version for free as was done with WR. If we had been given a free version, I would have absolutely bought the camo version. Now I'm buying none of it. No clothes, no tents, no equipment, nothing.

It's not all bad though, I love the hanging vines, they're sweet. :roll:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Did any of you ever crossed the river where i marked it red ? Cause i didn't see any places to cross .
The blue line is pretty much the closest to that area . If really its the case , well this is bad !
I know of the short railroad track that is not usable .

tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

There are two crossings one each side of the bridge. I have not been anywhere else on that part of the map yet.
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Oswald74 wrote:Again, huge frame drops in some areas.

From 60 -> 20 fps

Unplayable.

MfG L.E.

make sure you dont have high shadows enabled.did a test yesterday highest shadows to low shadows halved fps.so if performance is a thing have shadows on low. ;)

Return to “General Chat”