Animal Bedding

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1421
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Animal Bedding

Postby Ravenousfox » October 12th, 2017, 6:59 pm

Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me how long an animal will sleep in bedding state? is it different per species or a random amount of time for each animal?
I'm sure if a group of animals is sleeping they would all wake up around the same time to move on, right?
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile
User avatar
supercelldrw
Scout
Posts: 325
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby supercelldrw » October 12th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Congrats fox on number 1 blk tail I have the fox shirt also love hunting them , do you wear your hunting if so what pants etc u using
Spoiler:
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1421
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby Ravenousfox » October 12th, 2017, 8:36 pm

supercelldrw wrote:Congrats fox on number 1 blk tail I have the fox shirt also love hunting them , do you wear your hunting if so what pants etc u using

Thanks m8 I'm very happy since it is my personal best BT. Did you happen to see my twitter post on it? my friend and I were wearing the Ghillie suit as shown in the trophy shot.
Hope we can keep on this topic now. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile
User avatar
supercelldrw
Scout
Posts: 325
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby supercelldrw » October 12th, 2017, 11:37 pm

Well u have fox on yer avatar just trying to find right clothes outside of the normal ones that still work well, I wear fox shirt with blue jeans and red white blue bandana when I fox hunt lol again congrats
Spoiler:
User avatar
Ravenousfox
Outfitter
Posts: 1421
Joined: August 14th, 2014, 2:34 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby Ravenousfox » October 12th, 2017, 11:41 pm

supercelldrw wrote:Well u have fox on yer avatar just trying to find right clothes outside of the normal ones that still work well, I wear fox shirt with blue jeans and red white blue bandana when I fox hunt lol again congrats

I'll PM you so we don't get off topic. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNCfpYfIwzRQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/ravenous___fox/profile
User avatar
JimboCrow
Outfitter
Posts: 1202
Joined: December 26th, 2011, 2:36 pm
Location: grandecache.ca

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby JimboCrow » October 13th, 2017, 12:34 am

In the past, animals would sleep for one hour game time. I do not know if that is still true but I haven't heard anything different.
User avatar
supercelldrw
Scout
Posts: 325
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby supercelldrw » October 13th, 2017, 12:35 am

Ravenousfox wrote:
supercelldrw wrote:Well u have fox on yer avatar just trying to find right clothes outside of the normal ones that still work well, I wear fox shirt with blue jeans and red white blue bandana when I fox hunt lol again congrats

I'll PM you so we don't get off topic. :)

I agree
Spoiler:
User avatar
krokenosterfant
Scout
Posts: 351
Joined: November 20th, 2015, 5:29 am
Location: The 1st world of Africa

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby krokenosterfant » October 13th, 2017, 3:16 am

I seem the think the hour nap is about right. Shot a sleeping 405 RME two nights ago. Was in a treestand, got a call from a female elk near render, but never came in. After around an hour I went that way and found a herd, 2 were just standing and the rest were sleeping. After I shot the male I collected tracks and it was the female that called an hour before
Levado
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: October 13th, 2017, 12:21 am

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby Levado » October 13th, 2017, 3:56 am

krokenosterfant wrote:Shot a sleeping 405 RME two nights ago.

I would almost call that a super-rare :) , because I can't remember ever seeing an RME sleeping and killed almost a 1,000 of them (I often start hunts at 9AM).
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 5892
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Animal Bedding

Postby Tod1d » October 13th, 2017, 9:12 am

Levado wrote:
krokenosterfant wrote:Shot a sleeping 405 RME two nights ago.

I would almost call that a super-rare :) , because I can't remember ever seeing an RME sleeping and killed almost a 1,000 of them (I often start hunts at 9AM).

Weird, I've only shot 76, and I've seen a bunch of them sleeping. I also tend to start at 0900
Maybe we hunt differently? Also, I've noticed quite a bit they tend to call right before they lay down.
"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jim1965, Ravenousfox and 1 guest