Status Update - 23rd February 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Status Update - 23rd February 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

Your comments to the status update from the 23rd of February 2018.

Sorry it was a little late, have a good weekend all!

TK
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 23rd February 2018

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Good Status Update TK, very informative. I don’t think I’ve read such a long SU in a while lol! I haven’t picked up the .50 Muzzleloading Pistol yet, but I most likely will, especially that the new ammo is also coming for it. I love the .50 cal In-line and and Cap Lock muzzies as it is, so the pistol will be nice. As long as the permitted species list is the same lol.
I didn’t get a chance to watch the stream, but good job to all of you, it seems that it went off without a hitch. I feel for Villkatta tho, and hope she gets a chance at redemption. That’s the way hunting goes tho in this game. The RNG is god lol.
Only thing that concerns me is there is still no mention about the issues(?) regarding scoring and guessing on the animals of Piccabeen Bay. No one knows what to do, if it’s worth it to shoot anything there because it’s unknown if the Sambar, Water Buffalo, and Banteng are all bugged to hell or if updated scoring was released too early. Personally I am avoiding Piccabeen until there is some word. I don’t wanna kill the biggest animal I’ve seen there only to find out that the score is wrong, you know? Just my concerns is all.
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

I’ll have to pick up the new weapon as soon as I can, as well as the .405 rifle. Good update!

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Lots going on. New pistol looks great!
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Please focus on the issues rather than implementing new guns and features. It is simply unsustainable to introduce new things without some major tidying up beforehand.

There are quite a few problems with the game at the moment (WRR, scoring, unknown error -> Direct X popup...) and the rather weak response rate to this status update is a testament to it.

Something that I also noticed is the poor communication between EW and the community lately. An event like Manly Man wouldn't have started unnoticed or undiscussed.
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

The new muzzleloading pistol (great animation) is a godsend for Water Buffalo with the .50 lead bullet, even though you still have to place your shot. For that species alone it's worth it to me, because it stomps the .454 which is useless on WB's. That there will be another type of ammo for smaller game added is just gravy. Thank you EW for a sensible, responsible, responsive, and generous decision. Kudos.

Thanks TK, for a good update today. :)
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this Status Update TK.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Thanks for status update, TK.

But:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Only thing that concerns me is there is still no mention about the issues(?) regarding scoring and guessing on the animals of Piccabeen Bay. No one knows what to do, if it’s worth it to shoot anything there because it’s unknown if the Sambar, Water Buffalo, and Banteng are all bugged to hell or if updated scoring was released too early. Personally I am avoiding Piccabeen until there is some word. I don’t wanna kill the biggest animal I’ve seen there only to find out that the score is wrong, you know? Just my concerns is all.
I fully agree. I also avoid PB for same reasons. I guess you maybe still working on this problem, but some info on it would be apprecieted.

Best wishes and good virtual hunting! :)
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Thx for the update!

"OOOOOO Man man man – man, manly man man…" This was so familiar to me, as I watched the last episode of the final season last night. By that, I mean season 8, when Charlie was still around :)

Don't have much time to play anymore, but I'm glad that the game is moving on, with updates every week, big or small.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your WE!
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

From the last status update discussion you said:
TreeKiwi wrote:Regarding the scoring/spotting issues on PB. We are currently working to sort these out now. Once we have them all fixed, we will start a new season.

More to come in next weeks Status Update!

Cheers all.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=30

Now, I don't expect you to have the problem licked already - but some teeny, tiny scrap of information on the progress would be appreciated, especially since you promised to do so. Even a "we're still looking into it, but have not found the source of the issues yet".
Like several others, I enjoy the new reserve, but I will not put any effort or resources into hunting the species on PB until this serious game breaker is fixed.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”