Status Update - 23rd February 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 23rd February 2018

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Thanks for the update.
But I have to agree with some other in this thread as far as communication or lack of. So many thing that we view as important changes are not addressed.

Scoring issue on PB
WRR crashing
New event started but never announced
Old event prizes still not awarded and a new one started.
Still waiting on the release of the 9.3x74r

These are all things that at the very least would have been communicated to us in the past but it is no long the case.

Also this may just be me but it seems that there is some favoritism going on with who gets in to the streams. I also saw players that were not picked in the draw to get into the pistol comp. Now I know that 2 were chosen by the ones that won the spot to take there place But how were the others chosen. It is starting to look bad. Now I assure you it is not me being salty in any way I did not even enter the draw.

latley I feel like every post I make is negitve. Not what I want to do but thats all all have.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys.

We hear you about PB. I promise on Monday I will update you all with some news. Until then enjoy all your weekends and I hope theHunter gods are kind ;)
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

TreeKiwi wrote:"We are also pleased to say we have listened to feedback and we will be releasing a second ammo type, similar to the .45 Saboted round that is available for the .50 Inline Muzzleloader rifle."
Thank you, thank you and thank you! Now I'll just wait for my em$ rescently won in the Laura's comp and it will be an "INSTABUY"!
Great update. Take care.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Thanks for the update.
But I have to agree with some other in this thread as far as communication or lack of. So many thing that we view as important changes are not addressed.

Scoring issue on PB
WRR crashing

These are all things that at the very least would have been communicated to us in the past but it is no long the case.

Also this may just be me but it seems that there is some favoritism going on with who gets in to the streams. I also saw players that were not picked in the draw to get into the pistol comp. Now I know that 2 were chosen by the ones that won the spot to take there place But how were the others chosen. It is starting to look bad. Now I assure you it is not me being salty in any way I did not even enter the draw.

latley I feel like every post I make is negitve. Not what I want to do but thats all all have.
Let me just address a few things here mate.

• WRR crashing issues are addressed in the SU.
  • So is the Manly Man event, granted the SU was suppose to go out yesterday. But we had some hold ups, for that I am sorry.
  • We addressed that the old event prizes will get handed out and I know the top placing people received their prizes today. Sorry for the delays.
  • The competition went like this, four people were drawn randomly, only two got back to me. One could not compete due to the connection, so he gave his spot up. The other one that contacted me did not show up at 3:30 as requested, in fact he showed up in discord halfway through the event, not sure what happened there. He said his English was not very good, maybe that was something to do with it. So at 3:30 I only had one competitor, I drew another two from Twitch chat and waited for the 4th person to turn up, like mentioned before he did not show. At 3:50 I think it was I asked people in Twitch again who would like to compete as we had one more spot open, not one person responded, I waited a few minutes. So now I have about 5mins before the stream starts, so I had a look through my active friend list and picked one so the show could go on, which was an absolute last resort. This was done absolutely unbiased and I used random number generators each time to pick people. Had anyone at all responded in chat they would have gotten the spot.
Next time I will be selecting winners at least 3 days before the event, probably even a week before. We live and we learn. All this information was available publicly every step of the way. Apart from the last minute scramble to get one more competitor.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Thanks for the today's SU.
And congrats to all four winners in the event! This is good to see all players get something in the event. ;)
I gave my place to Walt because I couldn't connect to the host. I'm glad he did well and won this event! :)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Zycho
Spotter

Post by Zycho »

I have a question referring to manly man event 2018: Is every weapon allowed? What does "competitions-815-descriptionShort" mean?

Follow our crew on instagram
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Sherab86 wrote:Thanks for status update, TK.

But:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Only thing that concerns me is there is still no mention about the issues(?) regarding scoring and guessing on the animals of Piccabeen Bay. No one knows what to do, if it’s worth it to shoot anything there because it’s unknown if the Sambar, Water Buffalo, and Banteng are all bugged to hell or if updated scoring was released too early. Personally I am avoiding Piccabeen until there is some word. I don’t wanna kill the biggest animal I’ve seen there only to find out that the score is wrong, you know? Just my concerns is all.
I fully agree. I also avoid PB for same reasons. I guess you maybe still working on this problem, but some info on it would be apprecieted.

Best wishes and good virtual hunting! :)
After all of this time, it takes a bit to get my eyebrows raised. That said, I'm absolutely in shock...in shock, I tell you...Sherab86 made a post that is only 2 sentences! :lol: :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Patrick Enz
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Patrick Enz »

Zycho wrote:I have a question referring to manly man event 2018: Is every weapon allowed? What does "competitions-815-descriptionShort" mean?
Hello Zycho, could you try clearing your local launcher and game cache under settings in the launcher? We can't seem to replicate the localisation bug on our side.
Patrick Enz I Game Designer
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks for the long update Mat! :)

That in-game camera sounds cool. You could also use this to monitor suspicious players, right? I actually thought you might have had something like this already in place.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Thanks for the update.

Scoring issue on PB
WRR crashing

Let me just address a few things here mate.

• So is the Manly Man event, granted the SU was suppose to go out yesterday. But we had some hold ups, for that I am sorry.
  • We addressed that the old event prizes will get handed out and I know the top placing people received their prizes today. Sorry for the delays.
  • The competition went like this, four people were drawn randomly, only two got back to me. One could not compete due to the connection, so he gave his spot up. The other one that contacted me did not show up at 3:30 as requested, in fact he showed up in discord halfway through the event, not sure what happened there. He said his English was not very good, maybe that was something to do with it. So at 3:30 I only had one competitor, I drew another two from Twitch chat and waited for the 4th person to turn up, like mentioned before he did not show. At 3:50 I think it was I asked people in Twitch again who would like to compete as we had one more spot open, not one person responded, I waited a few minutes. So now I have about 5mins before the stream starts, so I had a look through my active friend list and picked one so the show could go on, which was an absolute last resort. This was done absolutely unbiased and I used random number generators each time to pick people. Had anyone at all responded in chat they would have gotten the spot.
Next time I will be selecting winners at least 3 days before the event, probably even a week before. We live and we learn. All this information was available publicly every step of the way. Apart from the last minute scramble to get one more competitor.
    Missed that one sorry
    Maybe announcing an event in the previous week SU would be better than the day of or the day before?
    Maybe this should have Been in the up date?
I never questioned any thing about the players that gave their spot to others.
Did you use this number generator when you picked the player from your friends list?
Way could the show not go on with one less player?
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”