Re: Status Update - 1st February 2018

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks for the update!
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

TrueshotM wrote:
Treedweller wrote:Wow! I didn't even know my competitions were chosen! I went to the home page today and saw my name there, what a shock! lol Thank you EW :)
Congratulations Treedweller! That has been my dream since I started winning comps. I submitted a few but they never got picked up. Congratulations again! You sure designed a tough one! I'll have to buy some Tracer Arrows to get a little advantage.
Thank you TrueshotM! Good luck with the future design competitions!

To be entirely fair to EW, I remember that some time ago, while cleaning my inbox of tens of irrelevant messages, I noticed one about goat competitions, but since I already knew I didn't win and the whole thing was over, I supposed that was the usual confirmation for receiving the submission, so I went on deleting it along with the others without reading it. I guess I should have. My bad :cry:
I've just felt the need to clarify that.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Treedweller wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:
Treedweller wrote:Wow! I didn't even know my competitions were chosen! I went to the home page today and saw my name there, what a shock! lol Thank you EW :)
Congratulations Treedweller! That has been my dream since I started winning comps. I submitted a few but they never got picked up. Congratulations again! You sure designed a tough one! I'll have to buy some Tracer Arrows to get a little advantage.
Thank you TrueshotM! Good luck with the future design competitions!

To be entirely fair to EW, I remember that some time ago, while cleaning my inbox of tens of irrelevant messages, I noticed one about goat competitions, but since I already knew I didn't win and the whole thing was over, I supposed that was the usual confirmation for receiving the submission, so I went on deleting it along with the others without reading it. I guess I should have. My bad :cry:
I've just felt the need to clarify that.
Do you think you will get an Almost Dev Jacket, or the people who were announced previously as winners?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Do you think you will get an Almost Dev Jacket, or the people who were announced previously as winners?
I don't know whether I will get one. In my opinion we should all get it. The other people because once they were announced as winners I think it would be unfair to deprive them of their prizes for reasons which I don't know but I'm quite confident have nothing to do with them. I guess some of them are quite disappointed already as it is, I know I would be in their place.
As far as I'm concerned, I think I'm entitled to it too, since I put some of my time and effort into it and EW has eventually found the result good enough to use it in the game. As I see things, they promised a compensation for the commercial use of somebody's work and they have finally chosen to use mine. But that is just my opinion :)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys,

I need to go to sleep now. But this will all get cleaned up tomorrow and everyone will come out with smiles on their faces. :)
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

JimboCrow wrote:Dear EW,

Thanks for the explanation about the bears TK. I'm very grateful that they're finally working the way they were originally intended, in fact I'm overjoyed. ;) But I'm having a hard time understanding why it took EW over a year to correct this issue, or even acknowledge it. :?:

Right from the release of TGT there were several knowledgeable people, and many long threads on the forum, pointing out that grizzly hunting was just a killing field, and was totally unrealistic, with NO response from EW whatsoever. Maybe since it was a very large portion of the players, likely a majority, who enjoyed hunting grizzlies 'arcade style' that the mechanic was left in place, I don't know. But only after the bears were so messed up that EVERYONE was screaming blue bloody murder was the thing put right.

Obviously you get a pass TK, but to those responsible I say, THIS IS ON YOU! Now there is a legion of players accustomed to hunting grizzlies and polar bears the old way who are completely pi$$ed off, and rightfully so. I am not one of them, but I definitely see their point. I would be pi$$ed off too, and so would you.

Thank you for the update.

Jim
I really liked the way they worked after release,... and it was because I would be out there hunting other animals and getting surprised by a Grizzly Bear so close,
and to either flee or charge was cool the way it worked. Whether or not animals in the hunter react the way they do IRL isn't a perfect correlation and will never be until a game is programmed like that.
If that was the case then thehunter game would have to start all over with the animals A.I. and make a simulator game with case in fact animal behavior and hunter abilities.
I don't know how many players are real hunters and have ever been to Alaska or other regions where Brown Bears call home, and have ever walked upon a Brown Bear
along a river making noise with the wind in your face and surprise a Grizzly Bear with your presence at close range. They don't have time to realize well damn I should have known a human
was there, so what does the bear do flee or charge? That is usually up to how aggressive the individual bear is which you will never know what may happen at the time of encounter.
Brown Bear hunting IRL works nothing like in the game. But than I don't think hunting them in the game would be very productive either if they did act like they really do.
IRL a hunter may use a deer call or rabbit call to invoke an injured animals sound on a guided bear hunt. But don't bet the guide isn't there to back you up from a Brown bear coming into the call.
Unpredictable is what a Grizzly Bear is and you never know what they will do. So when players get used to the way the Grizzly bears have worked in the game and then the rug gets pulled out from under them
(so to speak) it may be good thing to others but not necessarily the players who enjoyed the way it worked in the game,... maybe the game should evolve around the hunters, not the hunters evolve around the game.
So,.. like I've said before.... this is a game and who wants to spend hours hunting 1 animal,... the enjoyment of being able to take animals in the game is fun if it doesn't turn out
to be an all out over-timed endeavor,.............. I thought that is what the rare's and big trophys are for when you finally get one and that takes long enough for some of us to get them.
Just because you can shoot a lot of animals doesn't mean you can get any trophies.
So lets keep the fun part in the hunter game.
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Treedweller wrote:
I don't know whether I will get one. In my opinion we should all get it. The other people because once they were announced as winners I think it would be unfair to deprive them of their prizes for reasons which I don't know but I'm quite confident have nothing to do with them. I guess some of them are quite disappointed already as it is, I know I would be in their place.
As far as I'm concerned, I think I'm entitled to it too, since I put some of my time and effort into it and EW has eventually found the result good enough to use it in the game. As I see things, they promised a compensation for the commercial use of somebody's work and they have finally chosen to use mine. But that is just my opinion :)
Hello,

I'm one of the winner last September. I was really happy to win at least with one competition. Yes, I am very disappointed to see now other comps than the winners.
But the most annoyance again is that there is no statement of the devs or community manager about it. The old sit out strategy. :|
How I miss Alena.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Pittie wrote:
Treedweller wrote:
Hello,

I'm one of the winner last September. I was really happy to win at least with one competition. Yes, I am very disappointed to see now other comps than the winners.
But the most annoyance again is that there is no statement of the devs or community manager about it. The old sit out strategy. :|
How I miss Alena.
If you scroll up two or three posts you can see there was a statement from me.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I tried. I really really tried. I thought we have two "new" animals now and wanted to show what it takes to hunt them. I made and then deleted a few hours of video footage trying to explain what was going on. I struggled, no I totally failed. Not one bear shot. Now I am aware there are a lot of skilled players around that will deal with this easier, but for me as the average player the frustration outweighs the patience by far. I hope you all have completed the mission where you need to shoot a charging grizzly. Now let's just move on.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Now that the grizzly is polished, tested, released and final, maybe the grizzly missions should be looked into as well.

Mission 1 - doable
* Locate 3 Grizzly Bear tracks from the same animal.
* Then spot a Grizzly Bear in the same hunt.
* Lastly, harvest a Grizzly Bear in the same hunt.

Mission 2 - doable
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear.
* Harvest one more Grizzly Bear.

Mission 3 - doable
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear from over 60m (approx. 196ft).
* Harvest another Grizzly Bear from over 70m (approx. 230ft).
* Harvest another Grizzly Bear from over 80m (approx. 262ft).

Mission 4 - doable especially if you have a .340 with the red dot scope
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear with a heart shot on 100% Harvest Value.
* Harvest one more Grizzly Bear with a heart shot on 100% Harvest Value.

Mission 5 - a bit difficult to do 60-70m shots, might be hard if you don't have the rangefinder bowsight
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear with the Compound Bow "Parker Python".
* Harvest another Grizzly Bear with the Compound Bow "Parker Python".
* Harvest another Grizzly Bear with the Compound Bow "Parker Python".

Mission 6 - good luck (and show me the video)!
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear with a single shot while it is charging at you with any .454 Revolver.

Mission 7 - not easy to do long shots on fleeing bears, but doable
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear with the .300 Bolt Action Rifle while it is fleeing.
* Harvest another Grizzly Bear with the .300 Bolt Action Rifle while it is fleeing.
* Harvest another Grizzly Bear with the .300 Bolt Action Rifle while it is fleeing.

Mission 8 - pretty hard, you either have to come close somehow (when it's charging?), or you need to find a stuck bear (which might be easier.)
* Harvest a male Grizzly Bear with a heart or lung shot using any Reverse Draw Crossbow.

Mission 9 - 7mm? Sure. Recurve? Yeah! :D
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear with any Recurve Bow at 100% Harvest Value.
* Harvest a Grizzly Bear with the 7mm Magnum Bullpup Rifle at 100% Harvest Value.

Mission 10 - apart from the fact that the blondes have pretty much disappeared, keep shooting I would say
* Harvest a male blonde Grizzly Bear with any .454 Revolver.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”