Status Update - 25th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 25th January 2018

Post by gas56 »

This just interrupted me in a game on PB.
The water bottle effect(at least I believe it has something to do with it) after being in the game a while begins with a delayed shot of the rifle and seems to work sometimes on the second shot fired but is totally messing up my shooting,.. why doesn't the WARNING to drink from the bottle come up and tell you when it is effecting you???
It worked when it was first released Warning you of drinking, and now that is not how it is working, and it is a very short period it starts from the time it effects me, from blackening the screen, to delayed shots. This feature needs to be re-evaluated and see why it is causing it's problems before the WARNING of drinking happens.
Last edited by gas56 on January 27th, 2018, 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
juliancoria

Post by juliancoria »

improvements for the .405 lever action rifle:

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

[quote="juliancoria"]improvements for the .405 lever action rifle:

You do know that is an offset scope just like this one?
Buckkiller4
Hunter

Post by Buckkiller4 »

gas56 wrote:This just interrupted me in a game on PB.
The water bottle effect(at least I believe it has something to do with it) after being in the game a while begins with a delayed shot of the rifle and seems to work sometimes on the second shot fired but is totally messing up my shooting,.. why doesn't the WARNING to drink from the bottle come up and tell you when it is effecting you???
It worked when it was first released Warning you of drinking, and now that is not how it is working, and it is a very short period it starts from the time it effects me, from blackening the screen, to delayed shots. This feature needs to be re-evaluated and see why it is causing it's problems before the WARNING of drinking happens.
IMO the whole water bottle thing ruins the hunting on certain reserves. You need to keep a constant supply of ems or gms and need to stockpile the water bottles if you are going to hunt on a reserve for a few hours. While i'm not against the devs finding more ways to make money while making the game fun, in my opinion this way just doesn't work.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

We must also consider that we pay a subscription to play, I do not see why we have to pay twice for the same thing? The delay in firing is something very irritating
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Today for the first time for 2 months, I managed to spot and chase a Grizzly bear on the ground. Lately I was able to spot them just from tower. I was walking crouched, knowing their current fear, and proceeded behind it, at about 430 feet the bear went totally crazy, it started to run in all directions, how do scared deers for example, also jumping on the rocks along the river, then it vanished. On my right about 180 feet there was a group of Rocky Mountain Elk, who even did not notice my presence, and they grazing peacefully. Now obviously there something went crazy with Grizzly AI.
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

gas56 wrote:
juliancoria wrote:improvements for the .405 lever action rifle:

You do know that is an offset scope just like this one?
That looks legit! Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Teddy himself never used a scope, just open sights. Had this same model gun made in all different versions. From 30-06 to a .405, but never used a scope. I'm just looking forward to a premium version. I know it would help to have a scope but what rifle doesn't? Could be added to make money but I feel they designed this rifle to be used as it was back in the day. That being said it says a lot for game designers to makes something authentic not just put out content to get money, and that is one of the reason I purchased this day one of release. I can understand non patriotic Americans disagreeing, to you this man means nothing, but for a patriotic American I would like this rifle iron sight only. There's still the 45-70 Buffalo Rifle, 45-70 Lever action, and .340 to kill on Piccabeen bay WITH a scope if you don't like the challenge. But I'm hoping they keep this sightless unless someone can link me some info on Teddy using one himself. Then I'm all for the scope :lol:
Last edited by TrueshotM on January 29th, 2018, 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

TrueshotM wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Teddy himself never used a scope, just open sights.
He wore a 3x9 telescoping monocle on his shooting eye.... :P

Personal Bests...
TrueshotM
Scout

Post by TrueshotM »

Fletchette wrote:
TrueshotM wrote:Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Teddy himself never used a scope, just open sights.
He wore a 3x9 telescoping monocle on his shooting eye.... :P

Lololol!!! You just made my night man!! :lol: :lol:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Does it make any substantial difference whether there is a scope or not, to those who don't want it? Is it a spoiler somehow if one was available?

On the other hand, if a scope sells fairly well, and possibly even boosts sales of the .405, is it still something they would find hard to digest?

Some players have made it clear they will not buy the rifle without a scope, mainly because of the poor iron sights. That's relevant. Teddy Roosevelt couldn't care less, and neither could I, but I'm no less patriotic. ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”