Status Update - 25th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 25th January 2018

Post by 1Al »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks for the update. Welcome Silvia!

I am not entirely convinced of the .405. For a gun that has no scope available, it would be essential to have perfect iron sights. I know this is an old weapon, but still. Shooting over bigger distances requires quite a bit of luck.

Comparison to the .340 in the video.

I have almost always used The 45/70 Government without scope along with El Toro, it's much more fun :D especially with grizzlies, when they were still grizzlies and not scared pansy bellies as they're now :evil:
I think I'll purchase this this .405 that seems to be a good and funny hunting gear :D
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I'll wait for the grizzly bear behavior fix. Grizzlies are not all aggressive, indeed before there were some more aggressive others very cautious and fearful. But now they're all scared and this does not convince and makes it impossible to use the .454 El Toro, which I purchased specifically to hunt grizzlies from a very short distance. While now it no longer has any purpose. It would be to resell, but I would hate give it away 'cause I really like that gun. I hope in the future their behavior come back more aggressive. I think in this wonderful game there need a bit more adrenaline and fun, and grizzlies (but brown bears, too) even in reality are a little more aggressive than other bears. Surely they are not cautious as others. Just you watch some vids to realize it. There it does not seem so cautious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0pO79YkvY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRhI3Z7xCOo

Welcome Silvia! :D
Last edited by 1Al on January 25th, 2018, 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update TK and welcome aboard to Silvia :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Welcome to theHunter Silvia. Thanks for the SU TK. I guess we can assume that the WRR sound issue won't be fixed by Feb 2? ;) Peace.

BCKidd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Welcome Silvia! :)

And when it comes to bears... In every population are some more agressive individuals, sure thing. But from what I know, both - European and American representants of the species are rather wary, and they evade human if they can. Agressive behaviors occurs mostly when bear was surprised by our presence. Mothers with cubs tend to be also very protective and agressive towards possible agressors. Some very hungry, or very big specimens may consider human as lunch, possibly, fro time to time. But by most time, bears can be somewhere in the forest, but "normal" people will never know about it presence.

I think, as I wrote in other thread, our devs need to find some "midway" solution. To make bears agressive if they've become aware of our presence very close to them, but rather shy and evading otherwise. Some random agressive behaviors could occur too. But I think that by no mean, they all should be agressive as a norm - just my personal opinion.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Sherab86 wrote:Welcome Silvia! :)

And when it comes to bears... In every population are some more agressive individuals, sure thing. But from what I know, both - European and American representants of the species are rather wary, and they evade human if they can. Agressive behaviors occurs mostly when bear was surprised by our presence. Mothers with cubs tend to be also very protective and agressive towards possible agressors. Some very hungry, or very big specimens may consider human as lunch, possibly, fro time to time. But by most time, bears can be somewhere in the forest, but "normal" people will never know about it presence.

I think, as I wrote in other thread, our devs need to find some "midway" solution. To make bears agressive if they've become aware of our presence very close to them, but rather shy and evading otherwise. Some random agressive behaviors could occur too. But I think that by no mean, they all should be agressive as a norm - just my personal opinion.
This is 100% correct, and if the devs could indeed find something acceptable halfway, instead of all scared or all aggressive, and so keep the game interesting by keeping the hunter on his toes, I would be all for it. But please, do not go back to the way they were before, just a bunch of stupid bovines waiting to be slaughtered within seconds of hearing a growl. Phooey.

Thank you for the update TK, and welcome Silvia. I look forward to your updates to the website and/or GUI.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

As someone who hikes in bear country... if you don't want to be attacked, you make noise while you're walking so they'll flee long before they see you because they almost always ruin you if you happen to startle them. I've never heard of a grizzly running if you startle them up close. It seems reasonable to me to keep them timid from a distance (which is realistic, they were too courageous before) and just make them 100% likely to attack you if you scared them when you're within charging range. Amp up their penetration resistance too because you shouldn't be able to easily kill one that's charging--IRL their skulls deflect bullets if they're running at you with their heads down, so it shouldn't be easy to take a charging one out. You should have a very narrow window of opportunity to kill them if you've been seen.

As for polar bears, they're not afraid of people at all but are still panicking which is a bummer. IRL they are not afraid of humans at all, really, and will readily approach us because they are not used to us and have no reason to fear us. I do think Whiterime in the past felt a little "arcade-like" running around killing charging bears, but I think this could easily be rectified if polar bears were aggressive again by taking out their calls so you don't know where they are, making them roam far more, and drastically reducing their spawn count.

Just $0.02!
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

WolfLQ wrote: As for polar bears, they're not afraid of people at all but are still panicking which is a bummer. IRL they are not afraid of humans at all, really, and will readily approach us because they are not used to us and have no reason to fear us. I do think Whiterime in the past felt a little "arcade-like" running around killing charging bears, but I think this could easily be rectified if polar bears were aggressive again by taking out their calls so you don't know where they are, making them roam far more, and drastically reducing their spawn count.

Just $0.02!
Agree here 100%. I’ve said before, Polar Bears are the largest land-based predators on Earth, and have no fear of humans. In fact, they view humans as prey. Polar Bears in the game should stalk the hunter as they used to upon release, that’s a mechanic that seems to have been broken a while ago with no report. They should be very aggressive, and like quoted above, I do agree that in order to remove the “arcadey” aspect of the PB becoming easy by just getting them to charge, remove the audible “roar” that they currently have. Leave it up to the hunter to be on alert when traveling areas where Polar Bears are spawned.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Sherab86 wrote:Welcome Silvia! :)

I agree, but it varies from case to case as you said. Surely as it is now it's not good.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks for the update. Welcome Silvia!

I am not entirely convinced of the .405. For a gun that has no scope available, it would be essential to have perfect iron sights. I know this is an old weapon, but still. Shooting over bigger distances requires quite a bit of luck.

Comparison to the .340 in the video.

Interesting take on it! In stream today I did some long shots to prove it was good. Dropped a Sambar on the spot at ~170m . Then a WT, just to prove a point vs smaller targets than it's intended for at ~140m. This caliber in real life was not up to long range shots. Comparing it to the .340 is a bit rough, that's like comparing a ford prefect with a Ferrari ;)

*edit though comparing them in terms of in game stopping power is a good idea!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”