Game Update - 17th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Game Update - 17th January 2018

Post by TheSheWolf »

Incredible skin updates on those albinos, thank you! Been hoping for this for ages :D
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Nice update thanks Graham :)
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Thanks for the information regarding cold effect with heated tents and the like, we'll get that looked into to see if we can reproduce.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

well here are two bugs i videod from latest update what i mentioned.(2nd maybe the bird sound added but no notes . )

first one is the feral hog attack has no noise.

2nd one which i have never noticed is there is now a ptarmigan sound on redfeather.listen on the right side of your headphones carefully you will hear the distinctive sound of the ptarmigan giggle they do.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

ronMctube wrote:...2nd one which i have never noticed is there is now a ptarmigan sound on redfeather.listen on the right side of your headphones carefully you will hear the distinctive sound of the ptarmigan giggle they do.
I had a 1 1/2 hrs hunt on RFF right now and I didn't heard that. I just heard bird singing!
Do you have a 7.1 headphone? Maybe I can't hear that sound with my stereo headphone.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
strandjutter
Scout

Post by strandjutter »

ronMctube wrote:well here are two bugs i videod from latest update what i mentioned.(2nd maybe the bird sound added but no notes . )

2nd one which i have never noticed is there is now a ptarmigan sound on redfeather.listen on the right side of your headphones carefully you will hear the distinctive sound of the ptarmigan giggle they do.

Isn't that the sound of a macpie i hear !! I hear no Ptarmigin.

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

that is no magpie :D

that is a ptarmigan sound.

magpie make a machine gun kinda cackle.

if you listen to this ptarmigan it sounds very similar. so im thinking somehow willow ptarmigan has been added.or they escaped :D

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

The sound in RFF is no Ptarmigan.

The way the Willow ptarmigan sings is actually very different. I’m very bad at describing music in english so it’s hard to explain how.

But an easy way of putting it is simply that the sound the Willow ptarmigan makes is a lot louder, and it increases the volume of the song while it’s going. The bird you hear goes up, and then far down to a very low sound. Also the bird in RFF sounds kinda «Mechanic» to me, while the ptarmigans voice is kinda comming from the throat, it’s almost like the sound that comes if you thighten your throat and then talk.

Also if they were able to make that wound IRL, it certainly isn’t in the game ;)

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Alderman wrote:Thanks for the update.I really do wonder about the upcoming requests concerning the new 9.3x74.
There's no insult intended, but I mean the Christmas Event is over for like 23 days now. I would go bananas if it would be generally released yet and I were one these three who spent 25 days in VdB killing thousands of Ibexes for this gun.
Of course I'm really looking forward to firing this beauty of a cannon for the first time, but I don't expect this to happen before Easter by the earliest....patience comrades....patience!
The weapon from the last Christmas event was relesed around the last week of January/first week of Febuary. See Update below

http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-207/
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

only reason i mentioned it as i never heard that bird noise on redfeather before.to me it sounds like the ptarmigan ingame.the video of the real bird is obviously not the same though just used as a refference to show the difference between a magpie and the ptarmigan.that bird noise i have never heard on red feather since it launched.

infact im going to go record the ptarmigans now and compare. :D

also after i keep listening to it in order. there is a song bird then a magpie then the willow ptarmigan noise.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”