Status Update - 12th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
DYEUZ
Outfitter
Posts: 2625
Joined: October 11th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby DYEUZ » January 13th, 2018, 10:47 am

:arrow: Stan ... :lol: :lol:
Ask yourself this Stan , Would the Blackhawks be the same team without either Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews in their line up ? ;)
User avatar
Sherab86
Scout
Posts: 346
Joined: September 27th, 2017, 2:41 am
Location: Poland

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Sherab86 » January 13th, 2018, 3:05 pm

stancomputerhunter wrote:Frankly, this is a disappointing update. I hope it's not a portent to the administration of Bethany, whom we have not heard from since the day she took over. Not in sync with how transparent Alena was. There are a few major bugs out there that are affecting game play, most noticeably the sound problem at WRR. Several times we were told this would be addressed in the "first patch" after the holidays. The holidays have been over for almost two weeks, and nothing. Not even a mention of it in today's SU.

Very disappointing.

Edit: just noticed you have clothing and equipment on sale for...drum roll...WRR! Shaking my head. :o



I agree. This strange sound problem on WRR and some other mentioned problems (such as steel plates wearing Sambar - this actualy might be designed feature, but do any player realy accept this as such?) should be of first priority.
User avatar
Ringalor
Tracker
Posts: 122
Joined: March 4th, 2017, 12:44 am

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Ringalor » January 14th, 2018, 6:25 am

Sherab86 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Frankly, this is a disappointing update. I hope it's not a portent to the administration of Bethany, whom we have not heard from since the day she took over. Not in sync with how transparent Alena was. There are a few major bugs out there that are affecting game play, most noticeably the sound problem at WRR. Several times we were told this would be addressed in the "first patch" after the holidays. The holidays have been over for almost two weeks, and nothing. Not even a mention of it in today's SU.

Very disappointing.

Edit: just noticed you have clothing and equipment on sale for...drum roll...WRR! Shaking my head. :o



I agree. This strange sound problem on WRR and some other mentioned problems (such as steel plates wearing Sambar - this actualy might be designed feature, but do any player realy accept this as such?) should be of first priority.


I agree...
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Outfitter
Posts: 4193
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby stancomputerhunter » January 14th, 2018, 9:56 am

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: Stan ... :lol: :lol:
Ask yourself this Stan , Would the Blackhawks be the same team without either Patrick Kane or Jonathan Toews in their line up ? ;)


No.

There would be two different names on their roster.
The equipment guy would have to have two different sweaters, sets of sticks, skates, etc.
No one at practice would be saying...Kaaaaaaaaner!
:P

Image
Rares: 73 NTs: 20
My YouTube
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 3471
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby gas56 » January 14th, 2018, 3:04 pm

Can we have a clue as to if the Sambar deer on PB are to be tweaked to the point where they are more vulnerable to shot damage,.. and both deer tweaked to about what other deer in the game
are spooked distancing ranges. For the most part I can hardly see deer through the environment with settings set up high, and the terrain is not flat,.. pretty bumpy so the deer can see me
approach without me even knowing they are close by with all the dynamic foliage in front of me. Stand hunting is not the only way to hunt in this game. But I am not always in an elevated
position above the prey to help the view somewhat.
Another point about whether Grizzly Bears being less aggressive also is not welcomed with open thoughts. The fun of hunting them was taken away. They run away also like the deer in PB way too far out in front of you that you don't even see the bears that often.
This is a game and seeing animals is far more fun than playing a game then trying to see how skilled a player can be with every single trophy animal evading the hunter.
I've changed my tactics to where I creep in the game and they still evade me even with the wind in my face, the crouch speed, noise, is undoubtedly not a skilled stealth mode movement.
The animals are not browsing enough and are just meandering daytime areas to who knows where at a roaming speed that is faster than the crouch speed, so tracking becomes pretty unproductively slow. And the game should be fun. If I want to put my wits against animals where I do as IRL that's where I'll hunt them. But the game should have plenty of animals to see throughout the maps.
Even if they are not all trophy animals. This I found out on the Goat missions as I am not seeing goat populations like when they were first released,.. and it's very slow hunting to say the least,
not like when they were out there in the beginning with all the different types which made it interesting and fun to play to see them all in 1 hunt.
I think the key word is "fun". .. I hunt and play the hunter to have fun!
So please leave the fun parts in the game.
Have a good day................................GAS
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 1461
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » January 14th, 2018, 3:50 pm

Hey Gas,

All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.

P.s I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) justctrying to talk your language, respect.
User avatar
Prinz1989
Hunter
Posts: 713
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 7:26 am

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Prinz1989 » January 14th, 2018, 4:16 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey Gas,

All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.

P.S I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) justctrying to talk your language, respect.


What about the roaming speed though. I can see why some people would like tracking as a more viable option as compared to lures. But the high roaming speed makes tracking less effective. So people gravitate to just going along the most open areas, and maybe steep terrain where sambars might have difficulties moving.
Difficulty isn't a good thing on it's own. It's hard to hit a jackpot on a slot machine, but thats about as boring as gaming can get.

Here's still to hoping that Grizzlies and Polar bears will at least return to being a risky fun.
User avatar
gas56
Outfitter
Posts: 3471
Joined: April 4th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby gas56 » January 14th, 2018, 4:46 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey Gas,

All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.
P.s I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) just trying to talk your language, respect.

Sambar are stupid hard to hunt in real life, but are no harder than what a Whitetail trophy Buck Deer is, and that should be an equal prey species with their evasive maneuvers where
it is set at it's abilities in the game or switch all deer to be just as stupid hard to hunt. :)
When I play a game I want to see animals and be able to have those hunting skills in the game, but with the hunter gameplay their is no skills to speak of.
Spotting, Tracking, and weapons skills, about sums it up. For the hunter themselves their is no stealth, knowing when to make movement, wind direction counter(with cover scent) and years experience knowledge, not making noise and noise movement skills.
I never mentioned that I cannot shoot Sambar in the game, but when I'm playing a game I don't want an extremely long chase on 1 animal,.. I want to see a lot of animals in the game,
their movements, That's the difference between a game and real hunting.. A real Deer may take a day, a week, a month or a whole season to get.
In a game what is the point to sit around or stalking just 1 animal ? I don't really want to be out there taking screenshots of the terrain, I want to shoot the animals.
That is why I play a game,.. to have fun getting animals that IRL would otherwise be impossible to get or even be able to hunt on a daily basis.
An hour or two on the game is enough for me an I want to be able to have the choice of shooting a bunch of animals in the time frame instead of a dead serious tracking hunt where the
only thing it is replicating is the "time", not fun in that description IMO.
Hope you understand where I am coming from at this point. :P
Have a good 1.......................GAS

P.S. and I am not a waterfowl hunter in the game........... :lol:
Last edited by gas56 on January 14th, 2018, 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Sherab86
Scout
Posts: 346
Joined: September 27th, 2017, 2:41 am
Location: Poland

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby Sherab86 » January 14th, 2018, 4:55 pm

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey Gas,

All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.

P.s I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) justctrying to talk your language, respect.


Well, when it comes to me personally, then I do not complain on how hard is to find Sambar or how easy is to spook it. I find this challenging in very positive way. However, taking into account that there is no caller, it's roaming speed could be reduced a little bit. Or Sambars could simply spend more time on "actions", and less on traveling. But by most part, I find them all right to hunt.

What I do complain on is how tough they are - in terms of penetration, not life pool. Usualy I don't have the problem with taking them dow either, even with my Stambecco - but this are usually only single lung shots, even at distances well bellow 100 m. This is not only unreallistic, but also unbalanced against other species in the game (there is no problem with scorring double-lung shot in case of much larger elk, for example).
User avatar
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager
Posts: 1461
Joined: May 17th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Postby TreeKiwi » January 15th, 2018, 3:36 am

gas56 wrote:P.S. and I am not a waterfowl hunter in the game........... :lol:



Lets make all the trophy deer harder! That's what I heard Gas say :P :lol:

Remember Patrick announced they would be bringing scent spray out at some stage for Sambar, so maybe this might help with some of the issues? It would certainly help with the roaming speed.

Again this didn't bother me so much, it was nice to have an animal that gave using a rifle an advantage.

Anyway in short, good conversation. But hold on to your thoughts until the scent spray is released. :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alderman, Epona142, gas56, HD_Artworks, Jack.Grave, Mysen, Oswald74, RidgeBack69, stancomputerhunter, wintergoose and 1 guest