Status Update - 12th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
1Al
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Post by 1Al »

JimboCrow wrote:
1Al wrote:In my opinion this isn't about arcade, but about a little more adrenaline in this game. Bisons and especially Grizzlies can give you that. That's it. If we're not interested in that, ok let's keep it that way. But this isn't how I do fun anymore. Right now I'm thinking if it's worth a licence renewed.
Well, they have already said they are looking into the problem, so let's wait and see what they come up with. As for not renewing your membership, have you tried hunting the water buffaloes on Piccabeen Bay? They are like the bison are, sort of like what the grizzlies were. You can hunt them in a very similar manner, and get run over for your trouble if you're too slow drawing your bow. :)
I'll try with buffaloes, but as funny as the "old" angry Grizzlies there isn't any :mrgreen: and then there is TT, too, the best of all reserves.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Getting back to Sambhur.
There is really no problem with the behaviors or the difficulty in hunting them.
Like any animal in the game The A.I. can be observed and the repetitive aspects seen and understood.. That's how animals are hunted in real life. A hunter spends a lot of time learning to understand how the animal behaves before he can hunt them successfully. Too many times I have seen it happen with new animals, where members appear to jump into a new map and want the animals in this game walk up to them and wait to be shot. Many are not prepared to spend the time to understand how the animal will behave and where it is most likely to be.

So far I have harvested 137 of them and the problem that is most apparent is that the results from good shots can range from double lung at 180 metres to body shot at 20 metres, using the same weapon and hitting them in the same place. I have seen a lot run off never to be seen again after good shot placement from both towers and prone.
That is not acceptable.

A lot of my front on quartering shots into the ribcage are returning head shots along with double lung, stomach and intestines all together.
That is ridiculous, the head was never in the shot trajectory and double lung at the angle the shot was taken should have been impossible.
The results should have been single lung stomach and intestine. The head and far side second lung should never have figured in the result.
Another I shot in the back of the head at about 65 metres gave me lungs and head.
What??
Hit boxes appear to be way off.

Last night in single player I shot a stag broadside at 20 metres with the 30 R, saw the 'bullet hit decal' tight in the rear of the front leg, exactly where it should have been, and he ran off.
Two blood tracks returning body, then no more blood just fleeing tracks. I tracked him from the top of the hill above the swamp to the northern rail bridge then turned and back south east along the river. In the end I just gave up.
Sorry Doc.

This is the sort of result that is hacking off a lot of people and that is what need to be addressed.
For those that haven't yet sorted them out, when they do find one and make a good shot, the incorrect shot result negates all their effort.
Little wonder they are complaining.
We should get a good result from a good shot, not a lottery result that leads to a lot of wasted time and effort.

It is great to see that they are going to be looked at, but animal health levels are not the only issue that needs to be addressed.

And please, also take another look at the shape of the antlers. The shape shown on the trophy charts is correct but the in game configuration is so wrong for both Rusa and Sambhur.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
And please, also take another look at the shape of the antlers. The shape shown on the trophy charts is correct but the in game configuration is so wrong for both Rusa and Sambhur.
That's dang right. It's the reason i don't find myself hunting them :?

DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Another interesting point I have just had bought to my notice. The 340, permitted for Red deer, (same as the 45.70 ) is also not permitted for Sambhur.
Sambhur are a much larger animal than Red deer.
Come on E.W.
For heavens sake!
Lets at least have some logic and consistency in the permitted weapons .
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

Hope people are still paying attention to this forum thread since this is the update that mentioned the release of the feral goat missions and this is the place to comment on them. The 2nd mission is glitched, I did all objectives for it and when I got to the last 1, to ID the call of a female goat, I ID'ed one and it didn't count. Has anyone else had this problem?
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

@ Ardillamente...The place to comment on them is in the missions section.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=85606

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

piomarvado
Scout

Post by piomarvado »

Ardillamente wrote:Hope people are still paying attention to this forum thread since this is the update that mentioned the release of the feral goat missions and this is the place to comment on them. The 2nd mission is glitched, I did all objectives for it and when I got to the last 1, to ID the call of a female goat, I ID'ed one and it didn't count. Has anyone else had this problem?
You have to identify a goat call, but it can not be the same goat that you tracked. I realized this because I identified several traces, but the call of the same goat did not count toward the mission. So I stopped tracking the goats until I identified a new call, so it worked.
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

Ah thanks for the info Piomarvado. I had done a long hunt and when I identified the call of a female she must have been 1 I had already tracked before. I'll try it again soon.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”