Status Update - 12th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
walt133
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 12th January 2018

Post by walt133 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Take the Grizzly/Polar Bear issue. Alena stated that there was nothing changed intentionally about the bears and they are looking into it, yet beyond that statement you see replies such as “Why did they change it?” “It was stupid for them to change it” and then of course the poll comes up “Do you think EW should change the bears back to wha they were?”. All of this because people cannot comprehend. Get my point? We just need to have patience. There is a lot of weird bugs goin on at one time right now, most resulting from the Piccabeen release. I actually just found that I also have the sound issue on WRR, making the map unplayable for me at this time. Ok, there are other maps, other species, so whatever. Do I have a personal time limit? Of course I do. But it is probably much more realistic than what others have. Bottom line, have patience, and don’t put it all on TK as he has done his part and continues to do so.
Yes I agree with you. I can see how that is. Plus I don't know if TK is even at the EW headquarters. He may very well do everything online and talk them over skype or something. But yes what you say makes good sense and I do appreciate everything TK does. I think he is a great asset to the community and will continue to be.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wow! Really. How can anyone say it is "about all of us." I dunno Birdman- I read this thread and honestly, TK didn't insult or belittle anyone. When you say "all of us" what 'xactly do you mean? And what words did he use-that you don't like seeing coming from an EW Staffer? The truth, his opinion- or what? :? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Guys, c’mon, let’s not let this get out of hand. Please, let’s leave it be and let’s get back to the original topic. Gas and TK are both big boys, and if Gas felt offended by anything he and TK can take care of it in private. Something tells me Gas doesn’t need a personal bouncer or anyone telling him how he feels lol. But really, let’s leave it between them before this status update gets locked, which would be a real downer.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Guys, c’mon, let’s not let this get out of hand. Please, let’s leave it be and let’s get back to the original topic. Gas and TK are both big boys, and if Gas felt offended by anything he and TK can take care of it in private. Something tells me Gas doesn’t need a personal bouncer or anyone telling him how he feels lol. But really, let’s leave it between them before this status update gets locked, which would be a real downer.
Good enough, and very good point. I won't say another thing in regard to it. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Would it be possible to see the sambar spray before a person reaches 1,000 catches ?. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

fantamichele wrote:Would it be possible to see the sambar spray before a person reaches 1,000 catches ?. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Why? If someone gets to 1000 Sambar Deer before the spray is released, then I would assume they probably have no need for it, right? ;) And even so, if your post was supposed to be somewhat humorous/ironic/sarcastic, I’m pretty sure the spray will be out very soon. You know you will not get a time estimate though. ;)
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:
J_Birdman wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Hey Gas,
All I can comment on is the Sambar. You mention fun, well most people I talk to love how hard the Sambar are at the moment and it's fun to finally have an animal in the game that is a challenge to hunt. Getting one is the best feeling. We have however many other animals that you can get easy. Why not spice it up a little bit? You say it's not your skills that's in question, so how do you think people are getting them then? They are stupid hard to hunt in real life and the game does a good job to replicate this. I am super taken back by your line of comments actually Gas, I had picked you for a hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty. I am not sure about the steel armor as some people have illuded to, because I don't have an issue dropping them. Only thing I think is very very hard is bow hunting them, but again bows are a little broken in the game because the animals are too easy to lure in. So it's nice to have an animal where shooting them is a better option. In saying that I have shot a few with the bow now, it is possible still.
I will ask the team about the steel armor.

P.s I like it how you are a straight up guy, who says it how he sees it. I am trying to be the same and I don't mean any offense :) justctrying to talk your language, respect.
You're an EW employee and you're not only shaming but insulting a player. Everyone is welcome to their opinions on gameplay and what-not, even EW staff, but you've taken this to another level and singling this guy out bigtime. There's plenty of other players here in the forums who also share his opinion(s) and have voiced them, are you going to call all of them out and tell them they/their skills and opinions suck too? These things are basically reindeer/elk/fox rolled into one, but without an attractant. This is a game, it isn't real life, and a tH deer species a) without an attractant, b) who roams faster than a player can crouch-walk, c) appears to have zero normal animal AI such as feeding, watering, sleeping, d) has either crazy "armor" or screwed up hitboxes, and e) has the most keen AI of all the deer in the game makes for an unbelievably long and lame game of spooking/wounding/stalk-chasing or an unbelievably long and boring game of waiting in a stand hoping one passes by. You say you are "taken back" by his line of comments? Because you thought he was "hard working person who doesn't mind a challenge or getting his hands dirty"? Really? I think you overstep your bounds, and I am quite "taken back". It's "aback", btw.

TreeKiwi wrote: Lets make all the trophy deer harder! That's what I hear Gas say :P :lol:

Remember Patrick announced they would be bringing scent spray out at some stage for Sambar, so maybe this might help with some of the issues? It would certainly help with the roaming speed.

Again this didn't bother me so much, it was nice to have an animal that gave using a rifle an advantage.

Anyway in short, good conversation. But hold on to your thoughts until the scent spray is released. :)
You're mocking/shaming the same player again.

It seems to me that you really have a vested interest on this subject of Sambar deer, and that you're using your EW power/influence/voice to push your own agenda. I appreciate that you love the way the Sambar currently are in the game and don't want to see them changed, but I think it's irresponsible of you to act in such a way. I'd rather you had just reminded him/us that a scent was coming and left it at that from the start, without the charged personal interjection. I remembered it, I've been patiently awaiting its release, but some players may have not seen it or remembered it.
J_birdman. I don't mean any offense at all to anyone. Gas didn't take any offense? and if you did Gas I am very sorry. I was trying to relate to Gas as I tried to explain. He is a very straight up person and I thought he would appreciate it back.

I will PM him. There are different ways to deal with different people, if I have miss read Gas I thought he would have told me.
I am very offended!! I don't need no stinking scent spray! Why would you think I do? I shower every day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Doesn't "We designed them this way intentionally" imply that there's no problem?
Well, maybe "problem" was bad word from my side. We can call this a feature, perhaps. ;) And such statement would inform us that while this "feature" do exist, it is not a bug, or anything like that, but was fully intentional and will stay in the game - we like it or not. ;) This is what I've meant. And I didn't want to imply that TK had any bad intentions. I consider him as realy nice guy. :)

TreeKiwi, if I've offended you, then I'm sorry. This wasn't my intention.

But only from my personal standpoint, this was a little bit like "what? I have no problems. What problems? What are you talking about, guys?" ;) Bu true is that there is a "problem", or a "feature". ;)

And I have to admitt, that I reffer mostly to "panzer-sambar" issue. Because as I've said earlier, personally I like the challenge connected with finding and tracking those deers in the game. From other hand, usually I have quite much time for playing, but I can understand people with less time, with would like to had some Sambars in their trophy lodge, but simply don't have time to spend several hours in the game. I can understand also people with are getting bored by searching, even if they dispose enough of time.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Frankly, this is a disappointing update. I hope it's not a portent to the administration of Bethany, whom we have not heard from since the day she took over. Not in sync with how transparent Alena was. There are a few major bugs out there that are affecting game play, most noticeably the sound problem at WRR. Several times we were told this would be addressed in the "first patch" after the holidays. The holidays have been over for almost two weeks, and nothing. Not even a mention of it in today's SU.

Very disappointing.

Edit: just noticed you have clothing and equipment on sale for...drum roll...WRR! Shaking my head. :o
Stan, you know how it is with regime change buddy, it's a sit back and watch kind of thing and observe both the content of discussion and or lack thereof. Sometimes what isn't said speaks as loud as what is ... ;)
It hasn't went unnoticed who's around and who isn't - I imagine she has a mountain of things on her plate - Actually it doesn't take much effort to find about some other changes that have happened but there's still no mention of them and I'm quite curious to see how those are slipped in. I think they are busy plugging some holes in the dike atm.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
Radamus wrote:Actually it doesn't take much effort to find about some other changes that have happened but there's still no mention of them and I'm quite curious to see how those are slipped in.
I'd love to know what exactly you mean with this.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf.
μολών λαβέ

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”