Status Update - 5th January 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Status Update - 5th January 2018

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:So, TK...how about some numbers? How many people participated? What was the score for LAST place? Why did you only publish the top 100. I'd like to know where I finished. Is that too much to ask? It's just an Excel sheet. You can take it away after a week or so.

Hmm well I had to manually enter all the information by hand into that excel sheet and only reason you can see any places was because I did it ;) . The data the server spits out at us is not as pretty and I have to manually copy all the names and then copy and paste the scores as well. I am not sure how many people participated? Did they have to finish a mission or competition to count as participating?

Maybe on Monday I can do a rough break down so people can know how roughly where they came? As long as you remember your Jolly points though?

I mean where do I stop? There were thousands and thousands...
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

:D Good to hear that the game has a road plan an continues to have a bright future..... Happy New Year to all at EW and players around the world, together we make the game
strive and thrive :D

"There were 1000's & 1000's"

So Kiwi if you were in the top 250 you had a good old jolly time of it.... by the way nice job on the Windies in the cricket over the festive period, I look foward to the first Test between Ireland and New Zealand..... 8-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Welcome back EW staff. Nice status update, TK! Happy New Year to all. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Am I the only one that did not receive my camping supplies?
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

RidgeBack69 wrote:Am I the only one that did not receive my camping supplies?
Nope, neither did I.
Spoiler:
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

BuiuRei wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Am I the only one that did not receive my camping supplies?
Nope, neither did I.
Well at least I know I'm not being singled out.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

These will get sorted out on Monday guys :)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

TreeKiwi wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:So, TK...how about some numbers? How many people participated? What was the score for LAST place? Why did you only publish the top 100. I'd like to know where I finished. Is that too much to ask? It's just an Excel sheet. You can take it away after a week or so.

Hmm well I had to manually enter all the information by hand into that excel sheet and only reason you can see any places was because I did it ;) . The data the server spits out at us is not as pretty and I have to manually copy all the names and then copy and paste the scores as well. I am not sure how many people participated? Did they have to finish a mission or competition to count as participating?

Maybe on Monday I can do a rough break down so people can know how roughly where they came? As long as you remember your Jolly points though?

Thank you for the response, TK. I don't expect you to sort through thousands and thousands. My questions were actually rhetorical. But, EW already sorted the thousands and thousands, and published it every day for 25 days. This is not rhetorical. Why do they take it off the web site instantly when the comp ends? Some of us are in bed. Others are at work. Others are out bowling, or fishing, or hunting IRL. It just seems to me they could leave it up for 48 hours or so...or until you all come back from your 2 week vacation. That is time for everyone to look and see where they finished. I assure you, even in 48 hours all of those folks who looked at it every day for 25 days will look once more when its over.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:

Thank you for the response, TK. I don't expect you to sort through thousands and thousands. My questions were actually rhetorical. But, EW already sorted the thousands and thousands, and published it every day for 25 days. This is not rhetorical. Why do they take it off the web site instantly when the comp ends? Some of us are in bed. Others are at work. Others are out bowling, or fishing, or hunting IRL. It just seems to me they could leave it up for 48 hours or so...or until you all come back from your 2 week vacation. That is time for everyone to look and see where they finished. I assure you, even in 48 hours all of those folks who looked at it every day for 25 days will look once more when its over.
No idea TBH Stan, I think even though it looks the same. Its a different system to the usual ones. I am guessing that the competitions from the holiday event stayed up? Like the usual comps? But I haven't seen this myself, can someone confirm? I guess the best I can say is that we all learnt a lot from this event and we will take this into account next time we do it as well mate :)
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

A Happy New Year to everyone, and congratulations to the winners of the holiday event!

I am looking forward to another year (my 9th, actually) of exciting tHC adventures and developments. Who would even have thought at the beginning that this game would came so far, and never having lost but rather even constantly gained spirit and entertainment? The great interaction between an always innovative developer team and a trusty, enthusiastic community is probably the recipe which keeps us all on our thC heels.

Let's go on in that sense! :-)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”