Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Alena Rybik wrote:Hi all,
Here's what we are going to do in our next patch:

- Tweak all the clothes values to make the system more consistent and forgiving. Following the feedback here, jeans, cowboy hats and all Sneaky 3D Summer and Arid camo clothes, including gloves and scarves (the latter ones were our bad, sorry!) will get high warm weather protection, if it has been missing. Moustaches will be changed to give no effect whatsoever (right now they are warming you up a little bit).
- Change the store descriptions to make the system more clear: High for the best possible clothes for warm weather, Low for not-so-good, and None for worst choice (think warm winter clothes.
These are some you may want to consider just for the sake of personalization/customization.
https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/45
https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/47
https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/229
https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/265
https://www.thehunter.com/#store/item/48
Last edited by RidgeBack69 on December 17th, 2017, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Alena Rybik wrote:Hi all,

outrider wrote:has anyone else noticed that the clues for water buffalo's don't register?.. i notice this around the entrance to the inlet just west of the rail bridge. two hunts in a roll..
"Can you tell us more? Were those water clues?"
you can see the archers of the clue, but the HM does not light up so you can't click on them...happening in the area of Y:5940, X:8464. it happened in two hunts..
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Here some photos from the Saint Pauli's Lighthouse

Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,
Alena Rybik wrote:some pretty nasty and unreasonable claims. As always, we'll take with us what makes sense and is expressed in a respectful way.

I've been reading through 22 pages of this thread before I decided to post my feedback, and after seeing this, I had to read them again but couldn't find anything I would consider 'nasty' or 'unreasonable'. In other threads there was some salt, but it wasn't for no reason or just to complain about something. Most people made it perfectly clear what they were complaining about and most of that points were expressed by a number of people.
We shouldn't forget that politeness is also largely a language skill and that most people here aren't native speakers. It's very difficult to express disappointment in a polite and sophisticated way, using a language one hardly knows. And maybe you shouldn't just filter subjective statements, but think twice what upset people so much that they express their feelings in such manner. Even more so, from a customer point of view, these complaints make perfect sense.

Honestly, I can understand that people are unhappy with the release of the new reserve, the bugs coming with it and the state this game was in the last couple of weeks and months. All the game and server crashes, issues with almost every new item released, bugged competitions, funny bears and so on. Then a new reserve is released. I'll come to the quality of that later. But you also made some major gameplay changes to a reserve people were able to hunt in without any restrictions when stretching the new heat effect to Bushrangers Run.

Personally, I was looking forward to Piccabeen Bay, but I'm honestly disappointed. I was already scared when you wrote that it would 'meet the high standarts of Timbergold Trails'. Don't get me wrong, Dev team did mostly a very good job on that one and it is often said to be the reference map of this game with its high quality terrain and graphics. And I agree here, although I don't hunt there very much. But the map has it's flaws, too, and the Dev team never got them fixed. Talking about things like the stones flying in the air and the strange rocks you can fall in between up in the mountain areas. The constant flaws with animal behaviour, like wolf roaming or the latest grizzly feature. Treestand, anyone?

The new Australian Reserve anyway is far away from the quality of TGT. The lighting and water are beautifull and I like the thunderstorms. But the water buffalo look kind of unnatural, their shiny texture as well as the horns. Same goes for the vegetation. The shades of green just don't look real, many areas look absolutely the same and I can't get rid of the feeling that a lot of it was recycled from tH: Primal. While TGT was optically stunning, PCB looks like a cheap jungle shooter from ten years ago. Don't mean to be nasty or impolite here, just don't find a better example.
Furthermore, there are a lot of issues with unreadable tracks, trees you get caught in so you have to fast travel and other stuff that could have been sorted out pre-release so I can understand that people are unhappy and I am, too. Because these things are beginning to add up.

Btw, it would be nice to have a list of the permitted ammo for the new species, especially the bovine ones. And it would have been even nicer if that list had been published with the release. Then people wouldn't have lost trophy animals to unpermitted hits trying to figure that out. Don't get me wrong, don't want to be nagging or rubbin' it in, just want to point out why some people are upset and why I understand them. And when you care about the image your customers see, maybe you Devs should try to understand, too. This would bring the game further than complaining about politeness when people get emotional in foreign language.
Speaking about the permitted ammo for water buffalo, the way it is right now makes no sense. Like 9.3x62 and .300 beeing restricted. They are common calibers for this kind of game. Players here already told you when .30R O/U was released and the response was, as far as I remember, this was for balancing issues we just couldn't understand. Again, don't get me wrong, but you are advertising the game to be the most realistic hunting simulation ever. As such, there should be better reasons than just us hunters not getting the big picture about balancing stuff when it comes to explaining permitted ammo.

Honestly Ma'am, I highly apreciate the effort you put into this game and community, but I feel like I have to defend the people here. The points they are making are legit, even though some might not express them in the most educated manner, there might be reasons for that.

About the heat mechanic: It's not a bad idea, but the way it was implemented it just makes no sense at all. Except training us to press a button in a certain time intervall. Weather or time of day don't play a role, you can even stand in the middle of a river and it makes no difference. If we could avoid or delay these effects, it might actually be fun. Like trying to stick to the shadows, use a lake we come across as a place to refresh a little, choosing the right time of day for a hunt. Maybe give us kind of timecompress to pass away the hot hours round noon making siesta. Let that even cost some em$, wouldn't mind and enjoy using this feature.
Might even help cooling down in WRR when we can just skip that unpleasant bright hours for a little fee.
The way it is now, I would consider it a sell-out feature as well, if these bottles weren't so ridiculously cheep. So i just call it annoying.
Alena Rybik wrote:Here's what we are going to do in our next patch:
- Tweak all the clothes values to make the system more consistent and forgiving. Following the feedback here, jeans, cowboy hats and all Sneaky 3D Summer and Arid camo clothes, including gloves and scarves (the latter ones were our bad, sorry!) will get high warm weather protection, if it has been missing. Moustaches will be changed to give no effect whatsoever (right now they are warming you up a little bit).
- Change the store descriptions to make the system more clear: High for the best possible clothes for warm weather, Low for not-so-good, and None for worst choice (think warm winter clothes).

Regarding the heat stroke effect< we would like to first make sure that everyone is experiencing the same consistent gameplay with the tweaked clothes values and if a lot of players still feel that the effect is driving them insane, we'll look into how to make it more subtle.

We are also working hard on fixing other bugs, such as sunglasses & glasses being broken, Rusa deer antlers being weird when they are dead, Sambar and Rusa stats mix-up and more.
Again, no offense, but I need to point it out anyway : There already is a large amount of bugs known for quite some time that weren't fixed and it was always rumored that has to do with the team beeing busy creating the new reserve. Now that it's there, your list of things to fix is getting longer. And while doing that, you'll prepare the next event, map, item or whatever. See where this will lead to when company keeps going on like this? To a growing amount of bugs, and to a point in spacetime where you won't be able to make up any more, giving the impression that both funds and personell seem to be limited. I've seen games dying or not even beeing finished because of this and I realy don't want that to happen to theHunter. Since it has become one of my favourite games and I don't think I'm the only one here who would say so.
That of course is also because you and the whole Dev team are making a great job here. Just trying to say that you should handle some things a little more thoroughly and patiently when you want to keep giving the community a professional impression.

Alena Rybik wrote: Guests should have 3 for free too.
Three bottles or three uses? Because in the store it says a bottle has three uses and we get three bottles. This is a little confusing.

Thanks if anyone read until here, has become quite a wall of text.
Just my two cents,
Wehrwolf.

P.S.: If I missed the real mean comments (or they didn't make it into my view for whatever reasons, waiting if mine will show up), I apollogize. If they are readable, would you mind quoting? Don't like missunderstandings.
μολών λαβέ
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Ever since the Piccabeen release update Whiterime has had this horrific tonal noise excluding all other previous Whiterime sounds for me. It is the only reserve that I've hunted on since the mentioned update that has this tonal noise. It was fine the other day when I hunted there prior to the Picabeen update/s.

I've tried adjusting audio but it makes no difference.

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas how to resolve it?

I want to do the missions and competition but the sound is horrific.

Any help would be appreciated.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

seammer wrote:Ever since the Piccabeen release update Whiterime has had this horrific tonal noise excluding all other previous Whiterime sounds for me. It is the only reserve that I've hunted on since the mentioned update that has this tonal noise. It was fine the other day when I hunted there prior to the Picabeen update/s.

I had to uninstall and then reinstall the game. I also deleted the existing folder before reinstalling. I tried nearly everything else I could think of. Finally downloaded again and reinstalled, and all good.

Incidentally, my problem was only on the web launcher version. Steam version works fine.
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

I opened via Steam. Hadn't tried browser. Will do just to hear the results. Thanks for your information JimboCrow.
Cajunscout
Tracker

Post by Cajunscout »

I have the sound no matter how i launch steam of web. Even joined a friends multiplayer game and heard the sound there also.
vortex1957
Tracker

Post by vortex1957 »

JimboCrow wrote:
seammer wrote:Ever since the Piccabeen release update Whiterime has had this horrific tonal noise excluding all other previous Whiterime sounds for me. It is the only reserve that I've hunted on since the mentioned update that has this tonal noise. It was fine the other day when I hunted there prior to the Picabeen update/s.

I had to uninstall and then reinstall the game. I also deleted the existing folder before reinstalling. I tried nearly everything else I could think of. Finally downloaded again and reinstalled, and all good.

Incidentally, my problem was only on the web launcher version. Steam version works fine.
I use steam, and have the same audio issues...
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

No, same thing on steam...

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”