Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Pittie
Hunter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Pittie »

Does the overheating-timer stop if the game is in pause-mode?
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Alena,...

I hunted the New Reserve Piccabeen Bay last night for about 20 min just walking, & running around with a t-shirt, regular pants, boone & crokett boots, and a summer forest hat.
I never got heat effects for that time, but when I did get to a couple of the ponds (started at the NW lodge) I'm not sure if I was seeing mist produced by them but it looked like
it to me like in the white-heart areas of its ponds. I shot 1 Water Buffalo, and 1 Rusa deer and I got the pop-up 1 Sambar deer shot in the EHR, I think I saw somebody else report this also
and is this going to be fixed. Other than that I really didn't get to hunt it very good.. so I will try it again today because I can't rely comment about it just yet with such a short hunt,
but I did like all the variety of plants and trees that I did see. I was in the Philippines for 2 1/2 years where the climate is similar and I used to wear a T-shirt, Shorts, and Tongs and it
was around 110 degrees F in the summer and would hardly rain at all, but in the Rainy season for about 3 solid months it would rain a lot and drop down to the low 60's at night sometimes which
seemed very cold after being there for awhile and getting used to that weather. The weather when its hot is very different than most places above the equator as their is hardly any
humidity, but once you get used to it, it really isn't that bad, I was in the Navy and they still made us run PT in the middle of the day,.. talk about a weight loss program that worked... :lol:
1 important factor of the map is why the need of water bottles if you have the right clothes? I think that it is a cumbersome move you guys did,.. as in the extreme opposite on WR the clothes are efficient enough to play the game, and you don't need 3 thermoses of a hot liquid to stay warm? Is this turning into a survival game or are we going to stick to the hunting basics as usually found out in the long run works the best?
Remember the Ropes of VDB, that climbing mini-game is not needed in a hunting game, especially when an avatar cannot even, jump, climb, swim, hop, or dance......right?
So how about some other shorts and cooler boots to wear, as I mean in cooler temperature wise? Now that we have a hot reserve we need more clothes like that to fit the environment,
1 new outfit is not enough unless everybody wants to look the same, and that brings up that old age question again of faces on avatars, the young, middle aged, and older people. Will we ever see this implemented to make the game more immersed? ha ha... just a thought. ...........................GAS56

P.S. Is a new lodge style going to come out also, maybe in Bamboo, Tropical forest, Jungle? I have 1 lodge for the N. American Species, 1 lodge for European Species, and now it would
just seem fitting to have 1 for an Australian, Asian, S. American, African setting........ ;)
Last edited by gas56 on December 15th, 2017, 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I'd love some feedback here. I have just started my 2nd hunt on the new reserve. Started at 8am as is my usual, it is now 8:08am and I have faint wavy effects started already. Is this working as designed?

My character is wearing:

Basic Forest Cap
Happy Camper Shirt (Celebration Edition)
Basic Pants (Green)
Basic Boots
Sunglasses
Sneaky 3d Gloves (Which feels ridiculous but they are rated as 'high' for warm weather protection...is no gloves better?)

Right now the new reserve is feeling more like a chore to hunt on rather than fun because of this heat system. Which, for the record, I liked the idea of and spreading it to BRR but right now in my limited experience of the new map it is actually killing the fun of the new reserve for me. At least with WRR we were provided free, basic clothing to deal with the new environment. I have quite a bit of clothing but none of it is for such an environment. Mostly everything I own in-game is rated as 'low' for heat resistance.

I have seen Alena state that you should be able to manage 4 hours in the reserve with the basic, free gear but I seem to be struggling to last 4 minutes at the moment.

*EDIT*

So I am now at 9:19 in-game, haven't taken a drink of water yet, it looks like I'm in an oven but the game hasn't told me to drink yet. So it is playable for a decent length of time it's just that the heat effect starts quite quickly.

On another note, I love the look of the reserve. The animals are also great choices. A crocodile & that mad bird people keep posting here would make it perfect. :lol:

*EDIT #2*

9:22 in-game I was told to take a drink.

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Longmann
Scout

Post by Longmann »

Thanks for the new map, I like it. The first hunt has been quite successful.
There are some bugs as others say but I didn't experience any troubles with clothes so far. Sambar deer is like a ghost, it would be nice to make it easier to find one. It's too early for any conclusions though.
I was using B&C camo and a basic T-shirt, black sunglasses, had to take 2 sips of water, the whole hunt lasted for about 4 hours. Will see how it goes with the new camo, haven't tried it yet.
Spoiler:
We pray our sights be straight and our aim be true,
We pray for no pain to the game we pursue.
We thank you, Lord, for this land,
We thank you for the sights from our stands.
We pray for safety one and all,
We pray we may return next fall.
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:

i buy Scarf Arid Camo bcz i want better camo... now is set to low... for me its kick in the head. Why? Now im confused what is better for me for example on BRR map... take scarf and risk sooner overheating or better camo.. i spend em$ for a reason... now is this item even broken. Im ok... i understand this new system... for me is little bit ... ok its too much complicated for me... i better spend more em$ for clothes with 100% resist vs. heat and i dont care ever of this heating any more. 800 em$? No problem... but now i have outback - im overheating by 10 mins run and camo is weak... i take arid = same problem. Galons of water and blur make me nervous... and now i have to kill animal i never seen with weapon with no sale on it. Why? Why is so complicated? I play game to relax not to calculate how long i can run or crouch with out water.
Fair enough, the Arid scarf should and will be fixed. The fact that you are overheating so much with the Outback and arid is a bug. Can I ask for your permission to log in to your account to check? We can't reproduce it on our side and some people are reporting the value that are supposed to be. I am sorry the system is complicated for you, it shouldn't be. Any suggestions how to make it more clear?
My suggestion is simple... for people like me realise special clothes for example 1000 em$ from special army technology with 100% resist to heat... bam and i dont need to solve problem any more with heating and water... or 1500 em$ (call your price im ok with this). Something similiar like clothes for WRR. I buy it and dont have any trouble with camo and cold. Fair enough... i need to be protected? I must pay... more? Im ok with that... but i buy camo and still is my problem dont solved... and remember for players with eye problems. Think about it... no rush.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Eraser_SK wrote: My suggestion is simple... for people like me realise special clothes for example 1000 em$ from special army technology with 100% resist to heat... bam and i dont need to solve problem any more with heating and water... or 1500 em$ (call your price im ok with this). Something similiar like clothes for WRR. I buy it and dont have any trouble with camo and cold. Fair enough... i need to be protected? I must pay... more? Im ok with that... but i buy camo and still is my problem dont solved... and remember for players with eye problems. Think about it... no rush.
A similar suggestion: sell a water bladder addition for the backpack. When added, hydration would just happen automatically. Make it a permanent addition like the other equipment upgrades
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
ballester_molina
Spotter

Post by ballester_molina »

Water bottles are for members only? Can't find them in 'guest' profile inventory.
Just Bop It Haru

Post by Just Bop It Haru »

First of all, very nice reserve. I have been wanting water buffalo for a while, ever since it was first mentioned in the polls. However, the ethical weapons for both the Banteng and the Water Buffalo are too constrictive. I would like to see the 9.3x62, the .300, and the 10 gauge slugs being legal. I think that these are all good calibers to make legal since they are all used to take large game including buffalo in real life. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS EW!!!!!
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

Pupic wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:Out of curiosity, are you wearing anything in addition to the hat/gloves/boots/top/pants? Are you wearing a face mask? Any glasses? A backpack? Just wondering if maybe another individual wearable item may be triggering the effect early....

EDIT: Also I still see people having an issue with the water bottles. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought each bottle has 3 uses per hunt? Since we were given 3 free bottles......
Like i stated.... wearing "only Sneaky 3D Arid Camo (everithing from the bundle)"
...and as you can see, Knut noticed the same thing.

As for the water bottle - yes its possible to hunt 3 hours with that water........but those 3 hours is constant fight with that blur progressing - or should i call it `Sharp the picture` mini-game (Man, i can tell you that VdB rope climbing sounds awesome now :D ).
I didn`t get the point at all, the same heat effect could be presented as some fatigue (slower walking speed, slower weap. loading, zooming or aiming with some kind of sweat effect over the screen ) - not with this pulsation that has an increasingly direct impact on players eyes trough the whole hunting trip.

P.S. I dont know why someone doesn't notice it as much as i do. As i said my eyesight is perfect as could be, and this screen defection is noticeable for me as soon as it starts to happen. Like i put someone prescription glasses on - that is how it feels like. Just bad.
I feel your pain the ripple effect when wearing the same camo is unplayable after 10 minutes hunting. Is a shame really wanted to hunt there but as it currently is makes me sick/dizzy after a while.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

xOEDragonx wrote:I do know what to look for. I saw it happen to Mat during the livestream last week (roughly the hour mark in the Twitch video), and I understand the concept of the ripple effect trying to imitate heat. Wish I had a video to share of my own experience, but I don't. Just stating I have not seen the effect at all.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is the effect I have been looking for and haven't seen, unless I should be looking for something different. At the 1:09:08 mark in this video is when it's first noticed-- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207480236
Ok, thanks, that's indeed what I'm seeing on the new map with the new camo after a while. It's rather strange that you're not seeing it while I am, since we wear the exact same camo. I'm wearing glasses, maybe you're not? Could that be it that's causing this bug?
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”