Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Eraser_SK »

vsaet wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:
Zaitzev82 wrote:Map looks great, already seen a few animals. But, 9.3x62 Anschütz not permitted on Buffalo? Are you serious EW?
Take .300 ... its enough.
Not at all! ;)

After start was .300 ethical... also 7mm. Than is changed.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Thanks for this tip, it is very useful. ;)
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

About the running water. There should be a stream sound. And of course a slower texture Animation.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thanks Pittie. A good site too.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Pappy1 wrote:Possible bug on Piccabeen Bay. I followed Hoocares advice and used a tree root to gain elevation. Laid down and crawled up on tree root to shoot Rusa deer. After shooting it attempted to get up and I am now trapped between to roots of the same tree. While I should be able to step out at the lower part of the roots, I can not. I have attempted everything to leave and am now waiting until time to move to a resort. Had just transported shortly before. This tree is at x-4745/y-7413
Maybe you could have sped up the process by running against the tree, then fainting because of overheating, then fast travel to the lodge. Don't know though if this is faster. :D
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Pappy1
Spotter

Post by Pappy1 »

Maybe you could have sped up the process by running against the tree, then fainting because of overheating, then fast travel to the lodge. Don't know though if this is faster. :D[/quote]

I did learn today, on purpose, that after 4 hours of hunting when getting near to fainting, walk up to a water buffalo and let them run you over. When you wake up at camp your not thirsty anymore :P
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback shared here, it's good stuff. It feels like the warm weather has brought some inconsistencies and confusions and our goal is to rectify those. There have been some good points made here, as well as also some pretty nasty and unreasonable claims. As always, we'll take with us what makes sense and is expressed in a respectful way.

Here's what we are going to do in our next patch:

- Tweak all the clothes values to make the system more consistent and forgiving. Following the feedback here, jeans, cowboy hats and all Sneaky 3D Summer and Arid camo clothes, including gloves and scarves (the latter ones were our bad, sorry!) will get high warm weather protection, if it has been missing. Moustaches will be changed to give no effect whatsoever (right now they are warming you up a little bit).
- Change the store descriptions to make the system more clear: High for the best possible clothes for warm weather, Low for not-so-good, and None for worst choice (think warm winter clothes).

Regarding the heat stroke effect< we would like to first make sure that everyone is experiencing the same consistent gameplay with the tweaked clothes values and if a lot of players still feel that the effect is driving them insane, we'll look into how to make it more subtle.

We are also working hard on fixing other bugs, such as sunglasses & glasses being broken, Rusa deer antlers being weird when they are dead, Sambar and Rusa stats mix-up and more.
ballester_molina wrote:Water bottles are for members only? Can't find them in 'guest' profile inventory.
Guests should have 3 for free too.
outrider wrote:has anyone else noticed that the clues for water buffalo's don't register?.. i notice this around the entrance to the inlet just west of the rail bridge. two hunts in a roll..
Can you tell us more? Were those water clues?
DanthemanBoone wrote:
A couple of creek beds I crossed Had water noise footsteps but no water. I could not crouch or lie down while in those creek beds, The water appears to be present but not to be showing visually.
I have experienced the same problem when building maps with the Deer hunter series editors.
The running water I did see would score about a seven out of ten. Good start.
You are absolutely right, what you are describing is an editor problem. We've tried to solve it for a long time, but unfortunately haven't been able to find the way :(
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Wow, thanks for pointing out what EW plans to do, Alena. That will certainly brighten some peoples day. Thanks for that. See folks there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Alena Rybik wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback shared here, it's good stuff. It feels like the warm weather has brought some inconsistencies and confusions and our goal is to rectify those. There have been some good points made here, as well as also some pretty nasty and unreasonable claims. As always, we'll take with us what makes sense and is expressed in a respectful way.
Hi Alena,

Did you get my two private messages I sent you?
Please reply. :)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
Andyka20

Post by Andyka20 »

Hello,

I was chasing a big sambar but had to quit the game because I stucked between a tree trunk and a bush...
We need a jump button or fixing that bug....

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”