Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by TheSheWolf »

Pupic wrote: No.... the edges goes slightly blur/watery after just 10-15 minutes in to the game (5 min RL) walking upright/crouching. I can say that after 45min (RL) i can`t stand looking at my wobbly rifle - which i always carry in hands.
See, I think the effect looks really cool, but it also makes me very dizzy and strains my eyes quite badly. But I like how it looks, so I'm torn :lol: For now I think I'll just bring along loads of water.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I did not see or notice any effects until 60 in-game minutes. I was wearing the Grey T-shirt and summer field camo. Hat,gloves,pants and boots.
Spoiler:
ChooglinAlex

Post by ChooglinAlex »

A few things:

Bugs:

- the Rusa Deer / Samba Deer mixup has been mentioned before: if you harvest a Rusa Deer it registers as a Samba Deer instead
- the Water Buffalo call is registered incorrectly as a Banteng call

Complaints:

- the calibre restriction on Water Buffalo is too harsh in my opinion; .300 or 7mm magnum should be permitted; I currently can use bow, pistol and muzze loader only; will be hard to get close enough to a buffalo in this thick vegetation using those weapons
- overheating feature: not a fan; I think you can roughly play 3 hours "for free" (using only the 3 sips you get each hunt) which is enogh; nevertheless, the effect is quite annoying and triggers way to fast (walking, not running, in a t-shirt for 1 ingame hour, (30 min) shouldn't cause overheating)
- don't see at all why the Ghillie Suit doesn't work for this reserve; hope this will be fixed?

Other then that, I thnk it's a nice reserve. Tropical rain forest will be a nice addition to the other regions. ;)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Pupic wrote:
Levado wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:The store says arid camo has high warm weather resistance, same as the outback outfit.
I've spent an hour on that map before I posted that comment and I didn't get the impression that it's working, but I could be wrong.
Should my screen start going blurry (wearing arid camo) after just 10 in-game minutes like it does now? and if yes - is it the same with new trop. forest camo ?

btw. i must say i have never expected to see devs. enforcing this kind of (for me gamebraking) feature without even thinking about the people which could have health issues.
The map is just released so more people should notice this sooner or later, but what i have experience in the short time that i have played is just a pure disaster for my eyes. (and my vision is as perfect as could be)
Unlike the blurring on WRR which is done with still image - and works perfectly fine, the heat blur has the `water effect` and is constantly pulsating which causes my peripheral vision to pick it up whether i like it or not - and i start to feel eyes pain after just 10-15 minutes playing.
I will ask again - does new clothes removes the heat blur or at least stops it from occurring for an hour or two?
If not, then there is no need for me to buy it, and i am done with that map before i have even tried it properly :(
10 min sounds way too little, this is something that you should experience when wearing Arctic clothes. What else are you wearing? Can you post a video showing your clothing then the in-game effect you described? Arid outfit should give the same high level of heat protection as the Outback and the Tropical forest camo outfit.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Pupic wrote:
Levado wrote:I've spent an hour on that map before I posted that comment and I didn't get the impression that it's working, but I could be wrong.
Should my screen start going blurry (wearing arid camo) after just 10 in-game minutes like it does now? and if yes - is it the same with new trop. forest camo ?

btw. i must say i have never expected to see devs. enforcing this kind of (for me gamebraking) feature without even thinking about the people which could have health issues.
The map is just released so more people should notice this sooner or later, but what i have experience in the short time that i have played is just a pure disaster for my eyes. (and my vision is as perfect as could be)
Unlike the blurring on WRR which is done with still image - and works perfectly fine, the heat blur has the `water effect` and is constantly pulsating which causes my peripheral vision to pick it up whether i like it or not - and i start to feel eyes pain after just 10-15 minutes playing.
I will ask again - does new clothes removes the heat blur or at least stops it from occurring for an hour or two?
If not, then there is no need for me to buy it, and i am done with that map before i have even tried it properly :(
10 min sounds way too little, this is something that you should experience when wearing Arctic clothes. What else are you wearing? Can you post a video showing your clothing then the in-game effect you described? Arid outfit should give the same high level of heat protection as the Outback and the Tropical forest camo outfit.

Can anyone else confirm this bug?
I ran around like crazy and shot Banteng and Buffalo, i could see the effect creeping in, so i went to hunt some Sambar and Rusa. I got a call and layed down to call it in, then when the Rusa was dead around 2 mins later of laying there waiting for it, the effect was gone. So a minute or two of standing still will remove it for me.

outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

the thunder and lighting goes well with the rain,......but if it rains as often as it does on other maps, it will quickly become annoying...but, being a tropical forest, it more than likely will be...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

Hello,

i have got found a water buffalo that is freezing. I was able to stand next to him, only after a while did he turn around. But did not run.
I have made 2 pictures that showit, if you do not believe me!?

And I have problems, it always jerky for a while, then it's go again, then it jerky again. Always alternating.
Can you do something there?

And how about the bottles? You get 3 per hunt? But I have now bought 3 extra in the shop. But i haven´t got 6 bottles now? Why should i buy the bottles?
And the water is consumed too fast. After 20min, the edge already blurs, then you can hunt only 60min.

And I have one more question, would it be possible to install flowing streams on other maps? For example Timbergold Trails, or Val des Bois? How big would the effort be?

Thank you!
Sirjohn

Post by Sirjohn »

Nice!!! Worked great here with 80-110 fps with High settings and 4x/8x, the big real problem, but not only in this map is the BIG fps dropping when scoping :(
but i solved that turning scope quality to low!
Last edited by Hawkeye on December 15th, 2017, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed bold
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

As for overheating I went pretty solid for 4.5km and then it started, took my first water and fine, this was with the new camo for the tropics so it seems to work just fine....
There is one bird/animal that is really annoying like a tannoy in your ear, a visit to the high rocky coast in the NE is well worth the view, the railroad is a nice shortcut idea (tent at both ends), the animals look great and the the new animations of when they are shot are very cool. Vegetation dense but not stupid. Fantastic colour saturation, the moving water is cool and I would think a work in progress.

I have to say it wil take a little time to get a proper grip on this map but all in all a super addition to the game..... congratulations and thank you to EW.

Now if I could just get a damn antler I would be happy ;-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

ChooglinAlex wrote: - the calibre restriction on Water Buffalo is too harsh in my opinion; .300 or 7mm magnum should be permitted; I currently can use bow, pistol and muzze loader only; will be hard to get close enough to a buffalo in this thick vegetation using those weapons
Ah man, crossing my fingers that they'll allow both. It's definitely effective enough. I felt terrible even morally, firing a heavy recurve and tracking it all over, yet the heart's so big that the 7mm dropped it instantly. I was crushed to see "illegal ammo" and all that :(

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”