Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by ronMctube »

the new animals are great models and well done.one thing would love tweaking is the rag doll body effects when picking them up for trophy shots.some are like jelly and make for more effect to get good trophy shot poses.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

The whole '' trophy pic '' should , imo, be reviewed . We have specific poses for our avatar , why not for our animals /kills ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

DYEUZ wrote:The whole '' trophy pic '' should , imo, be reviewed . We have specific poses for our avatar , why not for our animals /kills ?
I don't disagree, it would be awesome. However, knowing the amount of work that went into creating the avatar poses, I expect it would be a much longer process to implement poses for animals. The avatar poses are universal. We all have the same avatar. There are over 40 species now and not all poses would be compatible with every animal. I guess you could start with just one pose for each species, but as this would be a premium feature, I can't imagine people being too happy about paying for so little. I also remember the reaction of some people to the cost of the avatar poses.

Still, I agree, it would be awesome and would enrich trophy shots substantially. I guess Expansive Worlds would need to look at how successful the existing trophy poses were. If they recovered their costs and made some profit, perhaps it could be something to consider for the future.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

caledonianblues wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:The whole '' trophy pic '' should , imo, be reviewed . We have specific poses for our avatar , why not for our animals /kills ?
I don't disagree, it would be awesome. However, knowing the amount of work that went into creating the avatar poses, I expect it would be a much longer process to implement poses for animals. The avatar poses are universal. We all have the same avatar. There are over 40 species now and not all poses would be compatible with every animal. I guess you could start with just one pose for each species, but as this would be a premium feature, I can't imagine people being too happy about paying for so little. I also remember the reaction of some people to the cost of the avatar poses.

Still, I agree, it would be awesome and would enrich trophy shots substantially. I guess Expansive Worlds would need to look at how successful the existing trophy poses were. If they recovered their costs and made some profit, perhaps it could be something to consider for the future.
I am terrible with setting up animals in shots :lol:
Id buy something like that haha so count me as a customer already :D
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

It would be best if the animals simply didn't ragdoll between repositions. If we could move each limb into place and had a separate key entirely to let them ragdoll it'd be simple. I want to be able to move them, and move my camera, without them falling back down. There's no real reason not to have that :)
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

After starting to go for Sambar yesterday evenig and a few hours today i have to say i am now really enjoying Piccabean Bay. Even after my initial gripe post i can now look over that ( ive still encountered the strange hit detection but to my luck not on a infuriating level like it first happened ). I would also say the decision to make them so spooky and dont add a lure atm makes up for a really nice and thrilling hunting experience. Having to maneuver to the heavy foliage also adds a good amount of challenge.
All this combined made for probably one of the most rewarding trophys i have gotten in this game yet. I actually screamed out when i saw that big Sambar going down in his tracks after my shot :lol:
Bagging that big Sambar today gave me a real rush and i am sure i will go out for more of that adrenaline later.

And its just lovely to watch those beautiful Animals wander around the jungle , they look so detailed and good. They really catch the majestic spirit of real Deer. The Animations are on another level compared to other Deer.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

D3AKUs wrote:After starting to go for Sambar yesterday evenig and a few hours today i have to say i am now really enjoying Piccabean Bay. Even after my initial gripe post i can now look over that ( ive still encountered the strange hit detection but to my luck not on a infuriating level like it first happened ). I would also say the decision to make them so spooky and dont add a lure atm makes up for a really nice and thrilling hunting experience. Having to maneuver to the heavy foliage also adds a good amount of challenge.
All this combined made for probably one of the most rewarding trophys i have gotten in this game yet. I actually screamed out when i saw that big Sambar going down in his tracks after my shot :lol:
Bagging that big Sambar today gave me a real rush and i am sure i will go out for more of that adrenaline later.

And its just lovely to watch those beautiful Animals wander around the jungle , they look so detailed and good. They really catch the majestic spirit of real Deer. The Animations are on another level compared to other Deer.
Yep, I had a gripe with the reserve at first as well- the heat exhaustion. Other than that I'm finding the reserve to be quite nice too. And I also like the idea that there are no callers except for the Rusa I think. Yep, it is a fine reserve after all. Jus' had to get over a few inconveniences and change hunting style some- as SycoShowBob said in an earlier thread we "simply need to adapt". Do that and Piccabeen becomes a great reserve. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

TheSheWolf wrote:It would be best if the animals simply didn't ragdoll between repositions. If we could move each limb into place and had a separate key entirely to let them ragdoll it'd be simple. I want to be able to move them, and move my camera, without them falling back down. There's no real reason not to have that :)
yes suggested this a few times over the past. locking off certain limbs would make it so much easier.the thing is most animals with practice arent too bad but some of the new ones seem to have no skeleton.they just flop about :D
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

ronMctube wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:It would be best if the animals simply didn't ragdoll between repositions. If we could move each limb into place and had a separate key entirely to let them ragdoll it'd be simple. I want to be able to move them, and move my camera, without them falling back down. There's no real reason not to have that :)
yes suggested this a few times over the past. locking off certain limbs would make it so much easier.the thing is most animals with practice arent too bad but some of the new ones seem to have no skeleton.they just flop about :D
I would pay for preset animal poses like we have for our hunter avatar.
Treedweller
Tracker

Post by Treedweller »

Alena Rybik wrote:
ballester_molina wrote:Water bottles are for members only? Can't find them in 'guest' profile inventory.
Guests should have 3 for free too.
I can confirm what ballester_molina said, there is no water bottle in my inventory either :(
I've checked thoroughly what I can select for my number keys, I've checked every single inventory category (including weapons and ammo) and there is no water bottle. Also I've checked the store and it doesn't say I would own any water bottle.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”