Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by caledonianblues »

MetalMind wrote:Any news if Martin managed to find the fix on FPS drops since that Halloween build?
I haven't heard from him, sorry.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Very happy for the release. Im shocked 45-70 is not allowed for sambar, I know people who use 45-70 for sambar. I'm surprised also that red deer are permitted and sambar are not, Sambar down here are bigger than reds as big sambar stag can weigh up to 300kg!!
jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Looks pretty amazing, the thunder is loud!
Thanks, ~Jeff

jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

The Yellow shooting glasses effect seems to be intermittent, they may take up to a minute after pressing the Z key to actualy turn on.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Alderman

Post by Alderman »

Could it be that the yellow hunting glasses and the black sun glasses don't have effect on the new reserve?
Hammering the corresponding key doesn't trigger that "filter"effect.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

maros.kuzar wrote:Congrats for releasing new reserve!

But I have that weird "zoom" bug with all weapons and equipment which makes bows unuseable now :-( And I bet there are more bugs just waiting to be discovered that will make the game even more unplayable...
Can you be more specific about what is happening here? We can't reproduce the issue with such little information :) Also... try be a little more optimistic mate :) We got you mate :D
jeff1963 wrote:The Yellow shooting glasses effect seems to be intermittent, they may take up to a minute after pressing the Z key to actualy turn on.
We are onto this one thanks :)
supercelldrw
Hunter

Post by supercelldrw »

Free til the 21st????
Spoiler:
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

An exciting release indeed! I've already started poking around in the new reserve and tossed up a tent near the swamp for later exploration. The animals I've seen so far look and sound good and while I'm sure some will say it's annoying, I love the ambient sounds in the forest and the swamp. I'm going to guess melanistic banteng are not rare, since the first and only one I've seen so far was a melanistic cow. But if someone else wants to confirm before that 24 hour taxidermize button runs out, that'd be great.

I'm also experiencing the issue mentioned above but with black shooting glasses, no filter. I haven't encountered any other serious issues yet, aside from all blood being labeled as "fleeing" instead of what body part was hit but I genuinely can't remember if that's a bug or just because I have zero skill level for all the new species XD
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thanks for all the comments so far everyone!
maros.kuzar wrote:Congrats for releasing new reserve!

But I have that weird "zoom" bug with all weapons and equipment which makes bows unuseable now :-( And I bet there are more bugs just waiting to be discovered that will make the game even more unplayable...
Anyone else experiencing the same bug? We can't seem to be able to reproduce it.

We are adjusting the ethical list for Water Buffalo as we speak. .300 and 8x57 shouldn't be permitted.
ronMctube wrote:nice to see its launched gutted cant play it till tomorrow (pc blew last week and was sent away to be checked,back tomorrow :D ) just read through and seen the recommended specs update. thats quite a big jump from what it was previously. would be nice to know what has changed recently for such a big leap.i havent noticed much graphically change so just wondered why recommended is a older i7 now and a 760 gtx or above.that is probably double what it was previously.

animals look great and so does the reserve.cant wait to try it out 8-)
The minimum settings didn't change. The recommended settings is something we have never had, however. Those are the settings we can guarantee that the game will play in a great and smooth way.
reinholt12 wrote:Quick question - is melanistic for Banteng just a fur variation?
No, it's a rare. Apparently a large number of those have sneaked in to the reserve, this will be changed. In the meantime, enjoy!

ronMctube wrote:nice to see its launched gutted cant play it till tomorrow (pc blew last week and was sent away to be checked,back tomorrow :D ) just read through and seen the recommended specs update. thats quite a big jump from what it was previously. would be nice to know what has changed recently for such a big leap.i havent noticed much graphically change so just wondered why recommended is a older i7 now and a 760 gtx or above.that is probably double what it was previously.

animals look great and so does the reserve.cant wait to try it out 8-)
The minimum settings didn't change. The recommended settings is something we have never had, however. Those are the settings we can guarantee that the game will play in a great and smooth way.
reinholt12 wrote:Quick question - is melanistic for Banteng just a fur variation?
No, it's a rare. Apparently a large number of those have sneaked in to the reserve, this will be changed. In the meantime, enjoy!

As Mat stated above, sunglasses and glasses are currently broken, we are looking into it.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Alderman wrote:
Knut wrote:
An error occured
Download of torrent data failed.

Please see the support section for more information.
Anything I can do about it?
Try again. Took me three attempts until the launcher update succeeded.
Thanks for the suggestion, but after a good handful of attempts, I solved it the oldfashioned way: wipe & clean fresh install
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”