Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Levado
Scout

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Levado »

xOEDragonx wrote:The store says arid camo has high warm weather resistance, same as the outback outfit.
I've spent an hour on that map before I posted that comment and I didn't get the impression that it's working, but I could be wrong.
Last edited by Levado on December 14th, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
TheSheWolf wrote:
My first water buffalo, unfortunately, was DQ'd because I'd no idea what ammo was legal for it, and no idea where to find out. Fair warning: 7mm is NOT LEGAL for buffalo :( Damn shame!
Happened to me too. Shot my first WB with the .300...not enough I guess, disqualified. Would have been nice if EW_Graham would have put that info into the update. Two other quick observations. 1) I harvested a Rusa doe, and now when I start a hunt (even not in Peekaboo) I get a popup that says Unlocked 1 Sambar deer...and 2) clicked on several tracks in the river south of the northern lodge. Did not show on the HM.

Edit: I thought I was crazy thinking the .300 was ethical for WB. I swear I looked and it was okay. Now I see Alena's post that it was removed. That explains that. Still wish you guys (devs) would have put an ethical weapon list in the update.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I have a question.
Why is the small Railroad bridge in the north of the map not crossable?
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I shot a Sambar but the prompt in the upper left corner said Rusa (maybe this was already reported).

OH and a quick request to the Devs.....PM me for my work phone number, I need an excuse to get out of work. DAMN this working for a living crap.... there's a game to play.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

Levado wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:The store says arid camo has high warm weather resistance, same as the outback outfit.
I've spent an hour on that map before I posted that comment and I didn't get the impression that it's working, but I could be wrong.
Should my screen start going blurry (wearing arid camo) after just 10 in-game minutes like it does now? and if yes - is it the same with new trop. forest camo ?

btw. i must say i have never expected to see devs. enforcing this kind of (for me gamebraking) feature without even thinking about the people which could have health issues.
The map is just released so more people should notice this sooner or later, but what i have experience in the short time that i have played is just a pure disaster for my eyes. (and my vision is as perfect as could be)
Unlike the blurring on WRR which is done with still image - and works perfectly fine, the heat blur has the `water effect` and is constantly pulsating which causes my peripheral vision to pick it up whether i like it or not - and i start to feel eyes pain after just 10-15 minutes playing.
I will ask again - does new clothes removes the heat blur or at least stops it from occurring for an hour or two?
If not, then there is no need for me to buy it, and i am done with that map before i have even tried it properly :(
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Pupic wrote:
Levado wrote:
Should my screen start going blurry (wearing arid camo) after just 10 in-game minutes like it does now? and if yes - is it the same with new trop. forest camo ?
Are you running? Even with the new tropical forest gear, running for several minutes makes the character breath hard and the screen get the ripple effect. Earlier I played for over an hour and never once had a noticeable effect, but then I never once ran in that hunt. This time I was running to catch up to a friend, and it definitely made the effects kick in pretty quick.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but the image shown while the new map is loading reads "Picabeen" and not "Piccabeen".
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

screen around the edges looks wavy, like your looking through water "Fish eye".
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Pupic
Hunter

Post by Pupic »

xOEDragonx wrote: Are you running? Even with the new tropical forest gear, running for several minutes makes the character breath hard and the screen get the ripple effect. Earlier I played for over an hour and never once had a noticeable effect, but then I never once ran in that hunt. This time I was running to catch up to a friend, and it definitely made the effects kick in pretty quick.
No.... the edges goes slightly blur/watery after just 10-15 minutes in to the game (5 min RL) walking upright/crouching. I can say that after 45min (RL) i can`t stand looking at my wobbly rifle - which i always carry in hands.
Taking a zip of water does fix it but 10 min. after blur slowly starts to build up again, not enough time to even give my eyes a descent chance to recover...
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Even with Outback clothes after few minutes run you get this effect very soon... for me unacceptable. Im nervous from this... i must drink water... but i have only 3 for free... so im pushed to buy more for gm$... im ok with this but this water i must take.... maybe 10xbottle=1,5kg! This is too much... bcz .340 is too heavy and 4,5 + scope 0,5 = 5 + 3x 0,75 ammo = 9... and where is crossbow and where is side weapon... and if i want take tripod its near impossible...

And its costly... spend every hunt 9x259 = *2300 gm$ is too much. I think i put one tent smash some water buffalo and after few minutes restart game again... ugly but i see not any more option

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”