Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Hawkeye »

Oswald74 wrote:That wave blur effect needs rework. Maybe better a static blur effect.

It really get's on the eyes after some time.

I'm a fan of that game mechanic, but please listen to the players this time!

Thanks.

MfG L.E.
Why give it time? Simply take a drink & it instantly goes away. Wearing tropical forest camo earlier, I hunted for 5.5 hours, walked over 16k meters, and only took 2 drinks of water. I took both drinks the second that I noticed the wavy screen effect.
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Wow cool update, thx a lot! I have 2 questions: Will the Sneaky 3D Tropical Camo also work on Bushrangers Run? And secondly, is it possible to fill the water bottle with something else? :P

james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

are the servers down? lost connection mid game and cant access website of launcher (error 500)

EDIT: there back
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

TheSheWolf wrote:For the sake of troubleshooting, etc, regarding heat effects...
With no/low heat resist, I see the effect after about 5 minutes in-game. It becomes unforgiving (must drink water or pass out) after about 45 mins in-game. That means about a 3 hour (in-game time) hunt with the single water bottle.

I am wearing:
- Classic Cowboy Hat (low) *
- Scarf (B&C Basic Camo) (none)
- Halloween 2017 T-Shirt (none listed)
- Doc Monsignor Gloves (Black) (low)
- Basic Pants (low)
- Doc Monsignor Boots (Black) (low)

My last hunt ended after 1 hour, having drunk water twice, with me passing out while afk, and giving up (note, that means heat rises when not moving with no resist). Hopefully people unsure if the sets are working can compare to my experiences and get a vague idea of the sets' effects. I'm not complaining at all, it's fine by me, I just have to remember to buy more water pre-hunt--this is just for science.

* Should totally have good heat resist! Cowboys, man, c'mon! :)
You got it backwards.
What you want is high hot weather resistance, such as the new clothes or outback.
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I am pretty sure she knows that and did it for testing purpose:
TheSheWolf wrote:For the sake of troubleshooting, etc, regarding heat effects...
[...]--this is just for science.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Sheldon wrote:Hello,

i have got found a water buffalo that is freezing. I was able to stand next to him, only after a while did he turn around. But did not run.
I have made 2 pictures that showit, if you do not believe me!?

And I have problems, it always jerky for a while, then it's go again, then it jerky again. Always alternating.
Can you do something there?

And how about the bottles? You get 3 per hunt? But I have now bought 3 extra in the shop. But i haven´t got 6 bottles now? Why should i buy the bottles?
And the water is consumed too fast. After 20min, the edge already blurs, then you can hunt only 60min.

And I have one more question, would it be possible to install flowing streams on other maps? For example Timbergold Trails, or Val des Bois? How big would the effort be?

Thank you!
Can you please describe how you experienced the Water Buffalo freezing? Was it stuck? Was it spooked? Was it in water? Was it coming to the shore? Or in general, what was it doing before it happened?

You by extra bottles if you are planning an extra long hunt. If you have bought 3 extra bottles in the store, you should have 6 now. What is your name in theHunter, I shall check.

We would like to add running water to other reserves as well, the ones where it makes sense.
Pupic wrote: Anyway, if you can take my word....what i did next is opened new hunt at 7am, wearing only Sneaky 3D Arid Camo (everithing from the bundle), and started walking. As soon as i noticed first glimpse of that blur (screen corners pulsating, making `waves` or what to call it ) occurring i aimed my look at some solid terrain just to be sure am i seeing it right, and yes the corners were definitely doing that wave motion. It was 07.05 am.
For next hunt i changed into Artic clothes......with identical outcome.
Thank you, sounds like the Arid camo is indeed bugged then, or you are wearing something else that is bringing you down. Anyway, it shouldn't be like this. We shall be checking and fixing.

UPDATE: Found the issue.
xOEDragonx wrote: the hat/gloves/boots/top/pants? Are you wearing a face mask? Any glasses? A backpack? Just wondering if maybe another individual wearable item may be triggering the effect early.

EDIT: Also I still see people having an issue with the water bottles. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought each bottle has 3 uses per hunt? Since we were given 3 free bottles, does that not mean we get up to 9 free uses per hunt? Even if you somehow need to use the water bottle every 20 minutes, which I'm not sure how that's happening as I played for over an hour and never needed to use it once, you'd still have three straight hours of hunting on free water.
One water bottle = one use.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

So I got off work & hit the new reserve. I wanted to look it over but I also wanted to test the heat effect.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/viol ... statistics
I wore the new camo. No running. About a third of the time I crouch walked. I went from 0900 (game time) until 1513 walked 11,258 meters. After about 1030 I would stop every 500 meters just to see if the "waves" were present. At 1300 I saw the effect. I didn't bother with the water (at all). When the "waves" started I just kept walking, I wanted to see how bad it would get, it never really got annoying, because it wasn't really bad. I only really noticed it if I stopped. There were a few times that I heard an animal & was glassing the area & when I started moving again the effect had just about stopped (I didn't know that was going to be part of it).
Maybe one of the team members can tell us if resting helps, also, does seeing animals get your heart rate up which may trigger the effect?
Again, I never hit the bottle once. :? (in real life I haven't hit the bottle in about 16+ years ;) )
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

BuiuRei wrote: You got it backwards.
What you want is high hot weather resistance, such as the new clothes or outback.
Knut wrote:I am pretty sure she knows that and did it for testing purpose:
[...]--this is just for science.
Bingo, Knut :) Thanks!
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

Please make the running water more slower. At the moment it is way too fast.
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

One question to people wearing correct clothes and experiencing a heat stroke approaching way too fast - are you by any chance also wearing scarves and / or moustaches?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”