Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by Violator31 »

I had that long hunt early this morning (as reported a few pages back). Very minimal problems at all. I just had a thought.... I spent almost all of my hunt in the forest/jungle, I wonder if there is any difference with that vs being in the open areas more. I doubt it but I am just troubleshooting.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I have done two hunts, running a lot, in the tropical forest camo. I did not experience any overheating problems in a three hour hunt.

The tracks in water are not registering on the huntermate.
There there appears to be a mix up with the species identities, Banteng and Water buffalo, Rusa and Sambhur.

Dont change anything with the Sambhur as far as how difficult they are at present, thats just how they are, in fact I wish they were as easy in real life.
The antlers on both Rusa and Sambhur are showing up too small in game in comparison with the scores. I checked the leaderboard and those trophy shots I saw were were barely indicative of a rack two thirds the stated scores. Rusa particularly. They need to be much larger visually, with much more length between the mid tines and the tips. Also much more slender and very sharp and pointy from the mid tines to the top.
When running away through thick vegetation Rusa bucks put their head forward, lift their nose and lay their antlers back over their flanks. They are currently are too upright in their stance.
Overall the models are good, I can recognise the differences between them at a fleeting glimpse.

The Buffalo and Banteng look great to me too, even though I have never seen or hunted them in real life, apart from a few Buffs I have seen at a distance in Thailand.

A couple of creek beds I crossed Had water noise footsteps but no water. I could not crouch or lie down while in those creek beds, The water appears to be present but not to be showing visually.
I have experienced the same problem when building maps with the Deer hunter series editors.
The running water I did see would score about a seven out of ten. Good start.

Im using the same settings in theHunter Classic as I use in Primal. My frame rates are the same in Piccabeen as in Primal Eden, Between 25 to 40 but higher in the open areas of Piccabeen, some times up to 50. No problems there.

Overall well satisfied with this latest addition.
Last edited by DanthemanBoone on December 15th, 2017, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

i have found 2 further Problems:

- Bridge is not walkable
- Lodges partly in the air (on one side)

and please add an General overview with which weapon which animals may be shot

and the inventory should be translated

and why can not I shoot a water buffalo with the 7mm Magnum ammo?
Sycoshowbob

Post by Sycoshowbob »

Gentlemen! First, what I'm going to say, is respecting everyone and everything that was posted about the pre-launch and post-launch of this new reserve "Piccabeen Bay".
I've had a few hours in play since I started, enough to pass on some of the experience gained on this journey. Whenever there has been news of new reserves to be released, there have always been many posts here in the forum re-pooling some of these, and for the most part, these claims relate to players who play little game The Hunter Classic. I say this because every time a reservation has been posted, there have always been errors, bugs, and this goes unnoticed to the developers in the first way, that certainly have a lot to analyze and take care as soon as this happens. But it is also common, that soon the players start to report and make their feedback, and that the Devs, they will make concerted over time, many things can not be corrected instantaneously and it takes a little patience. I see Alena trying to respond to all feedbacks, I think, there's patience for that! All reservations have their features, and "Piccabeen Bay" too. Recalling some facts, of the type, when death was implanted by fall, many complained, but then height care became common. Also the issue of hypothermia in WRR, many complained and then became common. Now that's about temperature and dehydration in PB, but it's a matter of adaptation, and we can all develop some strategies to get the hunt better!

Good hunting for all and peace!
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

I'm using the full B&C outfit and get about 3 hours irl time playing and i am mostly running and gunning. You get a pop up warning telling you to drink, I give it a few minutes then take a sip.

Just a few notes that I've noticed

Positive
- Water Buffalo and Banteng models and gameplay are perfect, wouldn't change a thing. Well Done
- Calling sounds the animals make
- Background sounds
- Sambar difficulty
- Map design
- Running water is a great feature
- Sambar behavior (stags generally solo and hinds sometimes alone but in groups too)

Negative
- Sambar and Rusa antlers are incorrect (Have been noted rusa will be fixed:)) and sambar t2 should be pointing out to the side, not front and should be longer.
- To many lightly colored Sambar, majority should be the darker color like they were in the status update video. (where i live they are all very dark, some appear lighter in india but not as light as the majority are in game, should be darker.)
- Sambar roaming speed is to fast
- Rusa stag posture
- Rusa seem to be all individuals, they definitely travel in groups in real life.
- Sambar spikes are really common in real life, haven't seen one.
- Rusa Antler appears on sambar scoresheet
- The tips of a 286pt sambar were red, should be white.
- 45-70 should be legal for sambar! It is for red deer which weigh up to 240kg but not sambar which weigh over 300!!! Sambar are like the incredible hulk, shot one twice in the intestines with the 7mm (bad shooting) but still shouldn't run half way around the map.
- sambar lungs are to small

I'm pretty impressed, just a few issues with the deer, but I'm sure some changes will be made to make it even better!
Last edited by james990 on December 15th, 2017, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

I love the new reserve! It looks outstanding.
I did find something when hunting today though. An invisible object that I can't walk through.

At that exact location looking north east. Not sure if it something to do with the tree on the left or the fern on the right. But the object is right in front of me.

Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

Loving the new map, first time had a chance to explore. For me, I am running into a lack tracks. I had one female Rusa call just outside of the south lodge, but other than her, I didn't see/hear any other tracks/critters until I hit the light house, and then with the number of tracks there it looked like the whole map must spawn at that point.

Texture tearing on the medium sized trees with the bark which looks like shingles (over lapping flanges) From the root base, and up about two feet (if measuring in real life) the texture is distorted and wrapped sideways with a slight tear showing purple (mesh) above this tear the texture is aligned correctly vertical and looks really good. At first I thought it was just one tree of that type, but every tree using that texture in the same area had the issue. All other tree type textures no issue (apx coord area 7914 9863)
Spoiler:

Sirjohn

Post by Sirjohn »

http://i63.tinypic.com/1zlcgw9.png
http://i64.tinypic.com/2k1vma.png

WHAT in the earth, is this water buffalos made off?!
Damn, got first shot with a 40m reverse Crossbow, they bleeded for liked 10min away, find it again, shoted it 3 times with a .44 (equiped wrong, in the place of the .454, and hell ya, this made me cry alot...), and they bleeded again for more like 4minutes, then i'll shoted it in a fast shot with Crossbow, finally toked it down!

but hell yea, is this bugged or it skin is made of steel?
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Beano8U wrote:I love the new reserve! It looks outstanding.
I did find something when hunting today though. An invisible object that I can't walk through.

At that exact location looking north east. Not sure if it something to do with the tree on the left or the fern on the right. But the object is right in front of me.

I shot a deer right on the other side of the invisible wall, the bullet bounced off the wall! :D
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dant ... /579787085

Definitely a problem with the species identity of the Sambhur stags. This one was a Sambhur not a Rusa. The does are being recorded correctly and both stags and does are being identified correctly in game but when you check the stats things are getting mixed up.
I knew I had shot more Sambhur stags than my stats are giving me credit for.
It also means the Rusa leader boards are most likely a fiction as well.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”