Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by RidgeBack69 »

Alena Rybik wrote:One question to people wearing correct clothes and experiencing a heat stroke approaching way too fast - are you by any chance also wearing scarves and / or moustaches?
I had yellow tint glasses on with the arid camo. Oh and I forgot to mention that the glasses do not work.
Spoiler:
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Alena Rybik wrote:One question to people wearing correct clothes and experiencing a heat stroke approaching way too fast - are you by any chance also wearing scarves and / or moustaches?
I was wearing the new camo + backpack + moustache and glasses and had to drink 3 times in a rougly 70 min hunt yesterday. Seemed quite strange. The strange wobble on the edges of the screen seemed to come back way to fast.
Last edited by D3AKUs on December 15th, 2017, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

I just had my first trip to Piccabeen bay. It was a short trip - due to lack of time. But WOW, i really, really like what i saw ;) it looks super great, and i love the new weather system :) I got lucky in the first attempt, and got my rusadeer for todays mission. I also like the new deer animation. BIG THANKS EW crew, for your hard work of keeping developing the game. Cool Christmas present ;)
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
I had yellow tint glasses on with the arid camo. Oh and I forgot to mention that the glasses do not work.
Yeah, we are onto sunglasses not working. Will be fixed in the next patch.
D3AKUs wrote:
I was wearing the new camo + backpack + moustache and glasses and had to drink 3 times in a rougly 70 min hunt yesterday. Seemed quite strange. The strange wobble on the edges of the screen seemed to come back way to fast.
Thanks!
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

I was wondering: what is the effect of gloves? Since Outback has no gloves (never understood why), I'm using Doc Monsignor's gloves, which are "none".
Does wearing a "low" one improves things or are we restricted to arid/tropical camo regarding cloves?
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

I am currently having an issue on multiplayer. I shot a sambar stag that ran off, I then saw it up in the sky and continued to fire at it, it than disappeared. I went to the original location of the shot to find multiple blood tracks and no sign of the deer
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

No scarves or moustaches.

I wasn't sure about the timing I experienced yesterday, so when when heading out today with the 3D Tropical Forest camouflage, I did some testing and I had the following timings:

3D Tropical Forest:
45 in-game minutes (igm) until first ripple effects where detectable when continuously crouch-walking
20 igm when normal walking

B&C camouflage:
5 igm until first ripple effects where detectable when continuously crouch-walking
20 igm crouch-walking until the effect became so pronounced that I felt nauseated and had to stop playing and leave the computer

Edit: not sure whether of relevance, but I run a 27" 60Hz Dell Monitor at 2560x1440 with a GTX 1070
Last edited by Knut on December 15th, 2017, 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

cheers for that knut ;) is that right that even with the right clothing you need to drink so quickly ? that seems a very short period of time. it would be great to see what are the " actual " effect times to see the benefits of what clothing to wear.that way we can way up what clothing to wear for our hunting sessions.some people dont hunt massive long periods of time.

could someone from the dev team please put in order maybe the best clothing and how long it starves off the effects of heat.also how often we should need to drink ? thanks!
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

ronMctube wrote:that way we can way up what clothing to wear for our hunting sessions.
With the times as is, there's no real choice for me. The game's pretty much unplayable for me personally with anything but the correct clothing. It might be that I am very sensitive to the effect by predisposition or that due to me doing image editing professionally, I am just trained to look out for distortions, but I feel really nauseated, as soon as the effect hits 3rd/4th level.
With the B&C that happens after a mere 10-15mins, and that's not the length of sessions I enjoy.

But that's personal preference and predisposition, of course
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Wow, what a great new patch and what a great new reserve addition to theHunter!!

It always elicits my utmost admiration what the EW team can still do with their >9 year-old engine to keep this game alive and interesting. Unbelievable!

Sadly enough they have only failed to address the one most important question raised so far in this discussion:
Pretty_Boy wrote:And secondly, is it possible to fill the water bottle with something else? :P
Here, I can only recommend to take a short trip to the waters of "Russian Fishing 4" where you can find everything from beer to vodka for the need of the players (and actually also much more ;-)). But never mind - I guess the latest reseve addition in tHC will keep us already busy now quite a lot over the upcoming holidays !

Have fun, people!!! I for sure will have.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”