Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 14th December - Piccabeen Bay Release

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The arid camo is bugged I get 20 in-game minutes before it starts.. I got 60 in-game minutes before i noticed the effects with a t-shirt and summer field camo.

Speaking of camo. our only choice is the crocodile Dumbdee outfit or someone's spandex pajamas. Please make something else work like the B&C camo.
And since the arid camo and the summer fall field are the same just a different camo pattern why should one be low and the other High?

The heat stroke thing i feel is just bad. It removes the ability to move around the map at a bit of a faster pace almost forces us to buy tents and camping supplies.
Spoiler:
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

P.S. I dont know why someone doesn't notice it as much as i do. As i said my eyesight is perfect as could be, and this screen defection is noticeable for me as soon as it starts to happen. Like i put someone prescription glasses on - that is how it feels like. Just bad.[/quote]

Me and my friend played map and felt the same as you unplayable I'm sure many are having flash backs to the old days or almost falling or there sits playing this is really bad for the game I would say take it out
besides the heat affect map play wasn't as bad as I thought would be could even be good to play on without heat affect bad move EW
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Knut wrote:
DeadClopz wrote:. Could the over heating symptoms screen trigger someone with epilepsy?
Maybe.
But certainly not at the initial levels. You'd need to have a more pronounced picture periphery blurring effect to trigger motion sickness, epilepsy, migraine or similar predispositions.

The effect I notice after 10mins is a the very rim of the screen (me using a 27" @2560x1440) and I have to stand still and actively focus on the screen's edges to notice. It becomes really annoying after an hour or so. I fear at that stage it could trigger said predispositions.
BCKidd wrote:From what I've seen of how the heating effect takes place, I wouldn't doubt it could trigger an attack. It makes me nauseous. I think it really needs to be looked at again by EW. The way the trees and scenery begin swaying to and fro- it reminds me of the heat waves you see rising from pavement (black top highways) when it is hot out. So, they (EW) did a good job in that aspect, but I don't feel it is needed on the reserve. I hope you get a more authentic answer, Deadclopz. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Thanks guys. I don't have to worry for myself, But I have a family member that loves to go hunting with me from time to time. So much, I bought her a membership. She has had a few attacks in her life and to be honest, they scare the hell out of me every time.

MudBug
Outfitter

Post by MudBug »

RidgeBack69 wrote:The arid camo is bugged I get 20 in-game minutes before it starts.. I got 60 in-game minutes before i noticed the effects with a t-shirt and summer field camo.

Speaking of camo. our only choice is the crocodile Dumbdee outfit or someone's spandex pajamas. Please make something else work like the B&C camo.
And since the arid camo and the summer fall field are the same just a different camo pattern why should one be low and the other High?

The heat stroke thing i feel is just bad. It removes the ability to move around the map at a bit of a faster pace almost forces us to buy tents and camping supplies.
You think that isn't by design so you'll run out and buy more tents?

So what is the deal with the "exhaustion". I saw it on the Dev's Twitch video yesterday, but they never explained it other than to keep talking about some "wavy lines" that show in the corner of the screen when you become dehydrated. You couldn't see what they were talking about in the video.

Also had this happen:

Killed my first Rusa. The achievement tag that pops up in the top left said "Achievement unlocked: 1 Sambar deer".

Haven't killed a Sambar to see if perhaps in the rush to release the Achievement tags were accidentally reversed. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if that happened.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Just finished a 2 hour and 15 minute hunt (real time) while wearing the new tropical forest camo. I mostly crouch-walked, but did a good bit of walking and running as well. Never once had any sort of ripple effect, and I made sure to put the edge of my screen against different solid surfaces to confirm. As such, I never once had to use the water bottle. The next time I start a hunt there I'll wear just the arid camo and see what happens. But with the tropical camo and normal hunting behavior, I never experienced anything related to heat exhaustion at all.

At the very end of the hunt, I did test something a friend noticed during the hunt. I used the water bottle and suddenly was able to toggle the black hunting glasses filter on/off. So I suppose using the water bottle once is a temporary fix for the sunglasses? Not sure if that information will be helpful in figuring out the issue with them.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

xOEDragonx wrote:Just finished a 2 hour and 15 minute hunt (real time) while wearing the new tropical forest camo. I mostly crouch-walked, but did a good bit of walking and running as well. Never once had any sort of ripple effect, and I made sure to put the edge of my screen against different solid surfaces to confirm. As such, I never once had to use the water bottle. The next time I start a hunt there I'll wear just the arid camo and see what happens. But with the tropical camo and normal hunting behavior, I never experienced anything related to heat exhaustion at all.
I don't think you know what to look for. It's not a ripple, it's more like a soft wave near the edge, it's most definitely there, because I've been on that map for more than 2 hours with the new camo and I've always seen it appear over time.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Levado wrote:I don't think you know what to look for. It's not a ripple, it's more like a soft wave near the edge, it's most definitely there, because I've been on that map for more than 2 hours with the new camo and I've always seen it appear over time.
I do know what to look for. I saw it happen to Mat during the livestream last week (roughly the hour mark in the Twitch video), and I understand the concept of the ripple effect trying to imitate heat. Wish I had a video to share of my own experience, but I don't. Just stating I have not seen the effect at all.

Edit: Just to clarify, this is the effect I have been looking for and haven't seen, unless I should be looking for something different. At the 1:09:08 mark in this video is when it's first noticed-- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207480236
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

For the sake of troubleshooting, etc, regarding heat effects...
With no/low heat resist, I see the effect after about 5 minutes in-game. It becomes unforgiving (must drink water or pass out) after about 45 mins in-game. That means about a 3 hour (in-game time) hunt with the single water bottle.

I am wearing:
- Classic Cowboy Hat (low) *
- Scarf (B&C Basic Camo) (none)
- Halloween 2017 T-Shirt (none listed)
- Doc Monsignor Gloves (Black) (low)
- Basic Pants (low)
- Doc Monsignor Boots (Black) (low)

My last hunt ended after 1 hour, having drunk water twice, with me passing out while afk, and giving up (note, that means heat rises when not moving with no resist). Hopefully people unsure if the sets are working can compare to my experiences and get a vague idea of the sets' effects. I'm not complaining at all, it's fine by me, I just have to remember to buy more water pre-hunt--this is just for science.

* Should totally have good heat resist! Cowboys, man, c'mon! :)
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Today we have mission - Harvest a Rusa Deer with a score of 120 or higher using the 10mm Semi-Automatic Pistol. Ok i dont have this pistol but question is... its arid camo working on piccabeen bay (i mean camo not this heat system...)? Bcz if its best to this mission and im still wearing outback i do it wrong. And second question: Why is in sale Finish rifle and not this pistol?
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

That wave blur effect needs rework. Maybe better a static blur effect.

It really get's on the eyes after some time.

I'm a fan of that game mechanic, but please listen to the players this time!

Thanks.

MfG L.E.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”