Status Update - 8th December 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Status Update - 8th December 2017

Post by fantamichele »

Mills wrote:Thanks for the update today Graham. I am looking forward to taking down some buffaloes. This reserve could definitely use some crocs in it at some point. Would make crossing the creeks/rivers a little more entertaining ;) . I really like the look of it. One other thing... how come it was chosen not to include a caller for the sambar deer?

Also:
Alena Rybik wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
Tents created specifically for the reserve. In WRR there are heated tents. This reserve could be tents with air conditioning.

There are no plans to have those at the release, but if we see the need (and requests) for them, we are open to adding them later on.
I was wondering this myself yesterday. I picked up 8 tents during the Black Friday sales so was a little worried I'd have wasted my money. I personally do not see the need for "cooled" tents.
At 2 PM, I see well in the cool tent with a beer bottle in hand :D
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Every time I hear the name of this new map, I will think of picking beans. Because pick-a-bean. Piccabeen.

I'll just leave now.

But thanks for the status update!
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

fantamichele wrote:At 2 PM, I see well in the cool tent with a beer bottle in hand :D
I hear ya there :D
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Good name, great looking reserve, love the animals, I'm all in.

But when fantamichele mentioned BEER it came to me in a flash! :idea: If you can sell water you can certainly sell..... beer! That's right, and if we drink too many our vision goes all wonky, and our aiming goes awry, and we begin to stumble and fall a lot, and then we have an overwhelming need to disappear into the trees for a minute only to get hopelessly lost in the jungle! Wow, what a concept! Reminds me of real hunting! Just take my money! ;)
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Alena Rybik wrote:
fantamichele wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
Define "special" :)
Tents created specifically for the reserve. In WRR there are heated tents. This reserve could be tents with air conditioning.

There are no plans to have those at the release, but if we see the need (and requests) for them, we are open to adding them later on.
Heated tents have a clear function in WRR, as there‘s potential hypothermia in this reserve. I’m afraid, until you introduce heatstrokes in PB, that wouldn‘t be the case here. :lol:

Just my two cents, of course...
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

BCKidd wrote:Thanks for the SU- can't wait to finally step on Piccabeen Bay, I don't think the name of the reserve makes me want to play it less. It could've been called anything, who cares about a name? It is what it is my friends. Like I said, can't wait to go and "picc a been" from the Bay. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
What‘s wrong with the name? I think, it‘s got a nice ring to it...
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

JimboCrow wrote:beer! That's right, and if we drink too many our vision goes all wonky, and our aiming goes awry, and we begin to stumble and fall a lot, and then we have an overwhelming need to disappear into the trees for a minute only to get hopelessly lost in the jungle! Wow, what a concept! Reminds me of real hunting! Just take my money! ;)
There's a lot to work with right there like slow weapon loading, go to load an arrow and drop it, bullets fall out of the gun and you laugh when a bull is charging you- you know, just like IRL :lol: ! Oh, can fall out of a TS! have to use a medkit - lot to work with.

So watching the stream, obviously has that Primal look to it without the raptors that will always kill you and T-Rex you can't run away from once they smell you- The vegetation density wasn't as bad as I was expecting assuming that was on high complexity.
The water bottle thing is quite a break from the core of the game, have to see how it plays out.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
drakle
Hunter

Post by drakle »

I think I’m going to call this the PB & Jelly reserve. Piccabeen Bay is a nice name though, gotta admit. Great update overall.

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

TheSpecter wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Thanks for the SU- can't wait to finally step on Piccabeen Bay, I don't think the name of the reserve makes me want to play it less. It could've been called anything, who cares about a name? It is what it is my friends. Like I said, can't wait to go and "picc a been" from the Bay. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
What‘s wrong with the name? I think, it‘s got a nice ring to it...
Nothing is wrong with the name. Like I said it could've been named anything, it doesn't matter. I'm still waiting with anticipation to hunt there. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Mills wrote:Thanks for the update today Graham. I am looking forward to taking down some buffaloes. This reserve could definitely use some crocs in it at some point. Would make crossing the creeks/rivers a little more entertaining ;) . I really like the look of it. One other thing... how come it was chosen not to include a caller for the sambar deer?
So wait how many of the new animals will have a caller?
Please tell me it's not like a reserve full of, Ibex, dall sheep ect., endless stalking because there are no lures.
I can't be the only one who hates tracking.
And just walking along the rivers, because they have the most open view and you maybe have a chance to see something and actually shoot it, is kinda boring too negating the exploration factor of the game.
A lot of the animals released lately are skittish, have no call, call rarely on their own and are fairly rare. It's enough for my taste.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”