Status Update - 8th December 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 8th December 2017

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Prinz1989 wrote:
Mills wrote:Thanks for the update today Graham. I am looking forward to taking down some buffaloes. This reserve could definitely use some crocs in it at some point. Would make crossing the creeks/rivers a little more entertaining ;) . I really like the look of it. One other thing... how come it was chosen not to include a caller for the sambar deer?
So wait how many of the new animals will have a caller?
Please tell me it's not like a reserve full of, Ibex, dall sheep ect., endless stalking because there are no lures.
I can't be the only one who hates tracking.
And just walking along the rivers, because they have the most open view and you maybe have a chance to see something and actually shoot it, is kinda boring too negating the exploration factor of the game.
A lot of the animals released lately are skittish, have no call, call rarely on their own and are fairly rare. It's enough for my taste.
Well, get ready for 3 more to add to that list then, because as per the livestream, only the Rusa Deer will have a caller available. The Sambar Deer, Banteng, and Water Buffalo cannot be called. That’s FOR NOW tho, because please keep in mind that the stream was a beta build and things CAN change. I can’t honestly see a caller for Water Buffalo or Banteng as it is, I mean really just gonna “moooo!” at them? Lol. But personally I would like to see a caller for the Sambar Deer, or some kind of attractant.
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

On the livestream Alena asked what the fifth critter could be - cassowary, please! Or axis deer if they fit the environment.
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

007aln wrote:On the livestream Alena asked what the fifth critter could be - cassowary, please! Or axis deer if they fit the environment.
That reserve cries out for a croc species. Imho much better than just another bird or the umpteenth deer species (no offence meant, dear devs ;) ).

Imagine the additions they‘d offer in terms of gameplay. Having to check for them when crossing a river or being near the shore, hunting them, perhaps even boats as equivalent of stands on land...
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

ImagePiccabeen Bay not bad name.looks interesting would love to see gators.or big cat. :D
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

EW, why are some items taken out of Doc's Shed and placed back into the Store for purchase(the reindeer clothes for example) while other items in Doc's Shed are simply given a Buy bar and remain in Doc's Shed?(the Plinkington for example) Could you please just slap a Buy bar on all currently available items inside of Doc's shed instead of removing them from Doc's Shed and placing them back into the Store? I enjoy hunting but I'd rather do it in the EHR instead of the store. Also, if you made Doc's Shed the place to look for newly re-introduced items you'd lose less sales from those who are unaware that an item was put back into the store.

When can I expect my Almost Dev jacket? ;)
Last edited by J_Birdman on December 9th, 2017, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

TheSpecter wrote:
007aln wrote:On the livestream Alena asked what the fifth critter could be - cassowary, please! Or axis deer if they fit the environment.
That reserve cries out for a croc species. Imho much better than just another bird or the umpteenth deer species (no offence meant, dear devs ;) ).

Imagine the additions they‘d offer in terms of gameplay. Having to check for them when crossing a river or being near the shore, hunting them, perhaps even boats as equivalent of stands on land...
Woah woah woah. The cassowary is not "just another bird," it is a 60-190 lb beast with a bright blue head and aggressive tendencies. Lumping them in with grouse and ptarmigan is egregious.

That said I think the croc suggestion is cool too! Might be harder to implement though.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thanks for the update guys. Wasnt really looking forward to the new cows in the reserve , more for the deer - but after the stream i really look forward to all of the species. They all look awesome ! :D

Looking at the dev kit screens in the update it just makes me think that i would love a mod kit or editor for this game sooooo much. One could only dream of all the possibilitys :geek:
007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

D3AKUs wrote:Looking at the dev kit screens in the update it just makes me think that i would love a mod kit or editor for this game sooooo much. One could only dream of all the possibilitys :geek:
A map editor like in Trophy Hunter 2003 would be unreal. The devs could make new species and we could make new reserves.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

007aln wrote:
TheSpecter wrote:

Woah woah woah. The cassowary is not "just another bird," it is a 60-190 lb beast with a bright blue head and aggressive tendencies. Lumping them in with grouse and ptarmigan is egregious.

That said I think the croc suggestion is cool too! Might be harder to implement though.
if you think about it the cassowary could actually be easy to implement.look at some of the dinos from primal.there is some very similar aspects that could help create that bird. ;) . id prefer crocs myself but cassowary would also be a interesting addition. i all for different additions to the game.so anything " different " gets a nod from me.obviously it must fit in with theHunter theme. :D
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

007aln wrote:
TheSpecter wrote:

OK, it is a large bird then. ;)

Still not exactly a novelty, as crocs would be. And, rightly done, crocs could add some of the very element I'm missing most at TheHunter: danger. I'm afraid, you could walk up to a bear and kick its butt, without getting mauled. :lol: I've used up more med packs after falling during a climb than for wounds inflicted by attacking animals.

So, if it's going to be cassowary instead of crocs, the devs should at least make them as aggressive as you've promised them to be... ;)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”