Status Update - 8th December 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Ringalor
Tracker

Re: Status Update - 8th December 2017

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks for the news...! I like the name Piccabeen Bay ! It makes me immediately think of regions far far far away...
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Lets stay away from a big bird, that reminds me to much of the "Sesame Street" show my kids used to watch decades ago, and we don't need a raptor attacking bird that we could kill
with "000-buckshot" pretty damn easy. If any animal is on line with this reserve IMO the "Croc" could find a home here. Crocodile, Water Buffalo, Axis Deer,... Remember that request?
A fast 2nd could be the "Dingo". Right now 2 deer, 2 Bovines, and I hope EW throws in something different than any of the other reserves already have.
Crocodiles can bask in the sun, but they can also be submerged for quite a while and sit still. Getting too close to them as IRL they could attack such as the Grizzly bears do, but it wouldn't be too functional if they sit slapping their tail in the water to give you a warning notice. A subtle approach would be more realistic, so that sidearm would be doing it's job when in need, plus needing a med-kit if you got bitten or scraped.
So stealth and alertness on the hunters part while in Croc areas would be criticle as they could hide easily amongst the foliage or logs along the banks of waterways.
Dingo's, It's like Spaghetti Sauce and Pasta Noodles, they belong together. Damn should I say anymore about why? It's Australia!
A leopard would be nice... too bad they don't live here! So count them out.
Just my Opinion what I think would be a couple of nice additions when they decide what the next animal is going to be!
Hope you guys think this would work for the new Aussie map.... Piccabeen Bay!
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I hope the next animal is a predator.
Crocodile and Dingo are fine, but let's not forget the tasmania devil.
At one time lived in Australia then was exterminated by dingoes.
We can get it back :)
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

TheSpecter wrote:....the very element I'm missing most at TheHunter: danger. I'm afraid, you could walk up to a bear and kick its butt, without getting mauled. :lol: I've used up more med packs after falling during a climb than for wounds inflicted by attacking animals.
This sounds as if you haven't hunted a lot in the Timbergold Trail woods so far, of if, you haven't met many Grizzlies there. ;)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

MonacoSteve wrote:
TheSpecter wrote:....the very element I'm missing most at TheHunter: danger. I'm afraid, you could walk up to a bear and kick its butt, without getting mauled. :lol: I've used up more med packs after falling during a climb than for wounds inflicted by attacking animals.
This sounds as if you haven't hunted a lot in the Timbergold Trail woods so far, of if, you haven't met many Grizzlies there. ;)
Never mention the psycho polar bears, then.
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

BuiuRei wrote:
MonacoSteve wrote:
Never mention the psycho polar bears, then.
Right now 3 medical kit in a single hunting trip :(
maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

are we going to have a new big caliber rifle???
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

maxhofmannp wrote:are we going to have a new big caliber rifle???

humm, ...maybe a Henry 44-40...
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

lse2003

Post by lse2003 »

Are yall actually going to add the water bottle.
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

MonacoSteve wrote:
Right, that's not exactly my backyard, so to speak. But never had any problems with grizzlies there so far. Usually drove them out of the woods and shot them from a distance. In my experience, even them rather run than make a stand. Definitely wouldn't try that IRL, though - ain't aiming at a second career as bear food... :lol:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”