Status Update - 8th December 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 8th December 2017

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheSpecter wrote:Right, that's not exactly my backyard, so to speak. But never had any problems with grizzlies there so far. Usually drove them out of the woods and shot them from a distance. In my experience, even them rather run than make a stand. Definitely wouldn't try that IRL, though - ain't aiming at a second career as bear food... :lol:
My impression is that the grizzlies' aggressiveness has been changed at some point. I remember in my first hunts on TGT they were charging you whenever you got too close, sometimes it even seemd like they were actively approaching you beforehand. Now they run most of the time before you can even get close. I remember that for the Halloween mission in which you had to shoot a charging grizzly from up close, I even ran after a fleeing bear (you can still outrun them!) for several hundred meters before it finally decided to attack me. :lol:
Maybe I just had bad luck in my last hunts on TGT, but they surely seem to be very skittish now.
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TheSpecter wrote:Right, that's not exactly my backyard, so to speak. But never had any problems with grizzlies there so far. Usually drove them out of the woods and shot them from a distance. In my experience, even them rather run than make a stand. Definitely wouldn't try that IRL, though - ain't aiming at a second career as bear food... :lol:
My impression is that the grizzlies' aggressiveness has been changed at some point. I remember in my first hunts on TGT they were charging you whenever you got too close, sometimes it even seemd like they were actively approaching you beforehand. Now they run most of the time before you can even get close. I remember that for the Halloween mission in which you had to shoot a charging grizzly from up close, I even ran after a fleeing bear (you can still outrun them!) for several hundred meters before it finally decided to attack me. :lol:
Maybe I just had bad luck in my last hunts on TGT, but they surely seem to be very skittish now.
No, you are right Marc. There was a change somewhere, my guess is when the pathing to the player was changed upon attack. But it’s been the same for me as well. More grizzlies run now rather than attack. Hell, I’ve been attacked more by Black Bears lately.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:
No, you are right Marc. There was a change somewhere, my guess is when the pathing to the player was changed upon attack. But it’s been the same for me as well. More grizzlies run now rather than attack. Hell, I’ve been attacked more by Black Bears lately.
The Polar Bears are the same, so either it's by design or a there has been a collective increase in skittishness. This was requested from the beginning on grizzlies, and hopefully is the way it will stay from now on. It was a sore spot for me. Finally they will be a challenge to hunt.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Tanngnjostr wrote: Maybe I just had bad luck in my last hunts on TGT, but they surely seem to be very skittish now.
I notice the same thing, impossible to approach them, even being crouch, they are fleeing to easily now.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I think that it was then , when things changed for the behavior we are having with the Grizzlies now . When they worked on the bears .
I find them hard to come close also .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”