Status Update - 1st December 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Status Update - 1st December 2017

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

The new animals look great. Nice work of the artists and welcome Carolina!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Ravenousfox wrote:Nice update thanks, welcome to the hunting team Carolina.
New reserve is looking like a cross between Rougarou Bayou & TheHunter Primal.
We looked at Primal but couldn't reuse anything from there, all plants and trees there are of an extraterrestrial origin, and in theHunter all the vegetation is based on real world references.

As for Rougarou Bayou, we did draw some inspiration form its swampy areas and their vegetation, but that's it.
MetalMind wrote:In the preview of Sambar deer I see at least 80% of vegetation copied from Rougarou.
See my reply above regarding Rougarou Bayou. All our vegetation is based on the northern Australian tropical forest references. It does remind you of Rougarou Bayou a bit as it's the only other reserve in theHunter with a similar biome (lush wet forest, swamps etc.), but it's a completely different part of the world and has a totally different look and feel to it. All I can say for now is just wait for the release, so you see it all with your own eyes and then make a judgement ;)
AmbushPredator wrote:The buffalo looks impressive, but the way the sambar moves is amazing! So realistic, with that sort of 'springy step' that big deer sometimes have.
Thank you for noticing! Rusa and Sambar deer will feature completely new animations, can't wait to hear what you think of them.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

The new reserve seems to be coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it all
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Sheldon wrote:Ravenousfox:
New reserve is looking like a cross between Rougarou Bayou & TheHunter Primal.
james990:
From the Sambar video it looks a lot like rougarou
Thank you!

I see it exactly like that! That's why my name suggestions in which Rougarou and Primal occurred ...
It's really very similar ... you used exactly the same vegetation. very bad!
(the real Australian wetlands look different! @EW please have a look at some real pictures! Why did you take over all the plants of Rougarou Bayou and not redesigned them? Australia also has other plants to offer!)
Please take a look at pictures of water buffalo in Australia. In none of these images is even rudimentary to find this vegetation. You chose the completely wrong vegetation. You thought the players are all so stupid and think it looks like this ...

Why you don´t bring the typical vegetation of this North Australian Region in the game?

EW does not seem to care about our opinion. You do not want to go into it ...
Want fast fast yet this year to release the card. The quality remains on the track ...

The bantengs have a bit too big legs, I think.
And the water buffalo slide too far!
The eyes of the rusa look strange. And do not fit to the other deer species! (pupil is too small)
The antlers of the samba do not fit yet. (the upper branch must go backwards!)
Sheldon, I don't know if it's a translation thing but you are now and have been in the past very rude and demanding. We like it that you are giving us your opinions, this is needed in a community and we appreciate it. But the way you write is not really fitting with our community spirit. So please share your opinions with us. But when you write in the future please remember you are writing to real people, a community and is this how you like to be talked to?

As for people saying that it doesn't at all look like Australia, have you been there? Seen it yourself? It is a massive country and I have been and lived there for years. It has so many very different looking ecosystems. Did you know there are over 1200 different species of Eucalyptus in Australia? That's just the Gum trees! So you googling a few images with water buffalo in them, is like me googling 'man in a park in Australia' and then not being happy because there are no swings in the map :) . The snippets you are seeing are just snippets. I have been deep in the reserve testing for the last week and I can tell you that the team have captured the feeling and look of both the forest and water areas very nicely. So while yes individual parts look similar to other reserves, the whole immersion when you are actually in the game is totally different and I personally get swept up in the whole experience.

I can't wait to to show you all through the reserve, I am super excited and I would keep your opinions a little reserved. Because they are only small snippets of the reserve and well I would quote a famous Aussie band... but that would be giving too much away ;)
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

It is not Australia oriented Alena! (You can write right now the map is orierntiert to the moon, the community buys it from you ... maybe it's also Africa or Asia, who knows ...) none of what you see clearly indicates Australia! Show plants that are only there and you have made only for the map! Or didn´t you create one new plant?

Why are you inspired by the swamp of Rougarou? The Australian swamps look completely different! Very different types of plants!

These plant species do not dominate in this area!
You just made it very easy to just copy the plants! You want to publish the map quickly and do not object to any criticism. You do not want to hear them here either! Do you have to find everything nice here? Why not include the community at an early stage of the map, then you could have adapted the vegetation! For all other cards, you have also created new plants! Why not here too? Why do not you make the card as unique as any other? There is no recognition value here!

PS: Also in my last post, I gave references to the animals. Nobody cares!

And @EW why did you spend a whole year publishing a map where you did not create any new plants, just copied them? This has to go faster, because you can also have the card ready in 1 week. Then only the animals have to be created. Which takes longer, ok. But the card itself would have to go so fast.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Sheldon wrote:It is not Australia oriented Alena! (You can write right now the map is orierntiert to the moon, the community buys it from you ... maybe it's also Africa or Asia, who knows ...) none of what you see clearly indicates Australia! Show plants that are only there and you have made only for the map! Or didn´t you create one new plant?

Why are you inspired by the swamp of Rougarou? The Australian swamps look completely different! Very different types of plants!

You just made it very easy to just copy the plants! You want to publish the map quickly and do not object to any criticism. You do not want to hear them here either! Do you have to find everything nice here? Why not include the community at an early stage of the map, then you could have adapted the vegetation! For all other cards, you have also created new plants! Why not here too? Why do not you make the card as unique as any other? There is no recognition value here!

And @EW why did you spend a whole year publishing a map where you did not create any new plants, just copied them? This has to go faster, because you can also have the card ready in 1 week. Then only the animals have to be created. Which takes longer, ok. But the card itself would have to go so fast.
Friend do not you think you should calm down a little?
Did not you read on? Before making all these criticisms, wait until the reserve has left.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Sheldon wrote:It is not Australia oriented Alena! (You can write right now the map is orierntiert to the moon, the community buys it from you ... maybe it's also Africa or Asia, who knows ...) none of what you see clearly indicates Australia! Show plants that are only there and you have made only for the map! Or didn´t you create one new plant?

Sheldon, read the post that I wrote addressed to you.
ElusiveShadow
Outfitter

Post by ElusiveShadow »

I'm really looking forward to the new reserve: the 'big game' vibe of it is really appealing.

I'm also delighted that I should be able to watch the live stream...live for a change. :lol:

The last thing I want from the game when it finally ends: An offline, single player version.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

@TreeKiwi: read my text that I wrote

And of you lived there, Show uns picture that are similar to These from game and all Diskussion are done. But apparently you can't prove it? Yes there is eucalyptuswhy don't use EW this?
EW_Graham
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by EW_Graham »

Hi all! Thanks for the feedback, we love to hear all of your observations, both good and bad. That's what this forum is for!

However...(and I'm really referring to one user here), feedback should be constructive, and given with a respectful tone. If EW staff take time out of their weekend to reply to a thread I'd really hope for a better response than them to be challenged and in a roundabout way dubbed as liars. So we can continue to use this forum as a friendly place of discussion, and a VERY useful tool for steering the game through community feedback, we'd like for exchanges similar to the above to not be repeated.

The big reveal stream comes Thursday, I'm confident you'll like what's coming. ;)

On another note, great feedback on the antler structures in the beginning of the thread, that will be passed on!

/Graham

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”