Holiday Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Re: Holiday Event 2017

Post by Alena Rybik »

BCKidd wrote:So, if I understand this event correctly, I have to shoot some flying rats to complete the "entry tier" before I can hunt any of the other tiers? If that is the case, I think that is stupid. But, I'll do what I can. Nice event for some I guess. The rifle looks nice and the prizes are grand, but... really do we have to shoot flyin' rats? :| Peace.

BCKidd.
Not at all, you get different amount of points for different animals, you can hunt whatever you choose. "Flying rats" give you 5 points each.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Alena Rybik wrote:
BCKidd wrote:So, if I understand this event correctly, I have to shoot some flying rats to complete the "entry tier" before I can hunt any of the other tiers? If that is the case, I think that is stupid. But, I'll do what I can. Nice event for some I guess. The rifle looks nice and the prizes are grand, but... really do we have to shoot flyin' rats? :| Peace.

BCKidd.
Not at all, you get different amount of points for different animals, you can hunt whatever you choose. "Flying rats" give you 5 points each.
:lol: :lol: :lol: All right then. I think I get it. Thanks for the confirmation... I feel jolly again. Thanks. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

maros.kuzar wrote:Thanks for the event!

But I am bit sad not to see any special collectables. Always enjoyed those.

Tiers for points look interesting, although you should consider using weapons instead of animals in those. It isnt that hard to just run around VdB mountains for example with powerful rifle and 12x scope and get plenty of ibex in short period of time. It is even easier than doing the same but with whitetails.
Anyway, nice event!

EDIT: And looking at some hunting stats, that is exactly what people on top do: Long range, ibex... Event is turning into Run'n'gun again :-(
im sure u can get more pooints from whitetails and other animals on reserve that from ibex. u must just know how to play right this game.

wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

BCKidd wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:

BCKidd.
:lol: :lol: :lol: All right then. I think I get it. Thanks for the confirmation... I feel jolly again. Thanks. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
jollyKidd xD

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

wiizzi wrote:
BCKidd wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:

BCKidd.
jollyKidd xD
For now. :lol: :lol: Merry Christmas y'all! :lol: ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Turkey_Duster

Post by Turkey_Duster »

I'm assuming ptarmigan must be shot airborn even though it isn't stated? If not they are the only things not being registered on my end.

jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Nice, a lot of Polar Bears, Bobcats, and Ibex are going to meet their maker before Christmas.

Good hunting all.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

EW_Graham wrote: competitions can be found and activated via the Competitions tab in the main menu.
A humble question: how?

Right now there are about a hundred competitions to choose from. Having scanned over the names and descriptions, I couldn't really recognise which one is the mission linked to the Holiday Event.

And, in case you're still looking for a name for that event, how about "Rudolph's Rampage - The festive massacre in the EHR" ?

This idea of fostering the shooting of any animal in sight goes very contrary to not only any idea I have of hunting, but also of Christmas time.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Knut wrote:
EW_Graham wrote: competitions can be found and activated via the Competitions tab in the main menu.
A humble question: how?

Right now there are about a hundred competitions to choose from. Having scanned over the names and descriptions, I couldn't really recognise which one is the mission linked to the Holiday Event.
I think that the first competition starts tomorrow. Event missions and competitions are alternating, and today a mission started.
Image Image Image
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Tanngnjostr wrote: I think that the first competition starts tomorrow. Event missions and competitions are alternating, and today a mission started.
Thank you. That's probably indeed the case given the numbers of comps and missions. I guess I could've guessed myself.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”