Holiday Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Holiday Event 2017

Post by TreeKiwi »

This is where the conversation stops please :) it is also why my post didn't single out anything at all. Even though Gas you thought I meant your faith and I don't/didn't. It was a completely 100% nutural statement.

Ridgeback... I need to come to your place to eat sometime!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Ahhhhh Christmas, the one time in the year where my whole family comes together...... and pretend that they like each other.
When I meet my brother-in-law I say "Great to see you, looking good"
What I mean to say "Hello again you ugly bas**erd, you've gotten fat"
When I meet my Granny "Lovely to see you again, we must do this more often"
What I mean to say "Oh your still alive, and another 10€ this year ye stingy owld c*w"

Ahhhhh Christmas..... :lol:
Interesting last mission, a Sambar deer at 100% harvest, .30R please step to the front 8-)
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Ridgeback... I need to come to your place to eat sometime!
We only eat the 7 fishes (well more like 10 fishes) twice a year. Christmas eve and New Years eve. But if you ever make it to the northeast coast of the US on either of those two days you are welcome to stop by and make a pig of yourself along with the rest of us.

As i sit here with my belt undone waiting to go back for 3rds
Last edited by RidgeBack69 on December 25th, 2017, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Ridgeback... I need to come to your place to eat sometime!
We only eat the 7 fishes (well more like 10 fishes) twice a year. Christmas eve and New Years eve. But if you ever make it to the northeast coast of the US on eaither of those two days you are welcome to stop by and make a pig of yourself along with the rest of us.

As i sit here with my belt undone waiting to go back for 3rds
I was going to say that looks like an east coast meal. Every year my aunt and uncle go visit my uncles parents who live there and they bring back a bunch of seafood for Christmas. Awesome stuff! Merry Christmas!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

Due to its roots in orthodox Catholicism, most Polish families don't eat any meat on Christmas Eve so wow, lots of seafood variations.
Good idea to starve through the day and wear an extra large belt for supper.
Most dinner tables will be groaning with some version of these:

1. Christmas Eve red borscht with raviolis (uszka) - borscht (beetroot soup) is usually served hot (with optional cream stirred in) with tiny dumplings called "uszka" meaning "little ears" in Polish

2. Christmas Eve mushroom soup

3.1 Christmas Eve Carp - often accompanied by hot sauerkraut with mushrooms
3.2 and/or Carp Jewish style - cooked slowly in a fish stock, served in a natural jelly with onion, almonds, raisins and soft bread

4. Herrings - classic herrings fillets ("matjes") in oil or with cream, sour apples, chopped onions

5. Pierogi - half-circular dumplings stuffed with cabbage or sauerkraut and dried forest mushrooms

6. Braised Sauerkraut (often with diced mushrooms)

7. Cabbage rolls (gołąbki) - usually stuffed with meat, but it changes to vegetarian for Christmas. Sometimes called pigeons because that's how they look on the plate

8. Kutia - a mixture of cooked, unprocessed wheat grains, cooked poppy seeds, honey, dried or candied fruits soaked in a small amount of port or red wine and various nuts - usually almonds, sunflower grains or walnuts

9. Old Polish piernik - gingerbread

10. Dried fruit compote (kompot z suszu)

11. Poppy seed cake (makowiec)

12. Small nod to a hefty side dish of Mizeria (Polish cucumber salad) mixed with sour cream and lemon juice

Comprehensive page at http://culture.pl/en/article/the-12-dis ... -christmas

Catholic roots: Wigilia is the traditional Christmas Eve vigil supper celebrated by Polish families, held on December 24. The term is often applied to the whole day of Christmas Eve, extending further into Pasterka, a midnight mass held at Roman Catholic churches at midnight preceding Christmas Day. The supper is sometimes called "wieczerza" or "wieczerza wigilijna", using an Old Polish word meaning "large supper". From the biblical records, "The Last Supper" translates into Polish as "ostatnia wieczerza".
Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

happy christmas all have a good one :D

christmas events been fun really enjoyed it. ;)
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

Thanks for the event. Really enjoyed. Hard to fight session spammers for the first place. but i have won 2 golden stars and hope to win third.
Thanks again and Happy Holidays.
Thanks to all who have competed for prizes. Good luck next one and Merry Christmas to you all.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

mudthang wrote:Due to its roots in orthodox Catholicism, most Polish families don't eat any meat on Christmas Eve so wow, lots of seafood variations.
Good idea to starve through the day and wear an extra large belt for supper.
Most dinner tables will be groaning with some version of these:

1. Christmas Eve red borscht with raviolis (uszka) - borscht (beetroot soup) is usually served hot (with optional cream stirred in) with tiny dumplings called "uszka" meaning "little ears" in Polish

2. Christmas Eve mushroom soup

3.1 Christmas Eve Carp - often accompanied by hot sauerkraut with mushrooms
3.2 and/or Carp Jewish style - cooked slowly in a fish stock, served in a natural jelly with onion, almonds, raisins and soft bread

4. Herrings - classic herrings fillets ("matjes") in oil or with cream, sour apples, chopped onions

5. Pierogi - half-circular dumplings stuffed with cabbage or sauerkraut and dried forest mushrooms

6. Braised Sauerkraut (often with diced mushrooms)

7. Cabbage rolls (gołąbki) - usually stuffed with meat, but it changes to vegetarian for Christmas. Sometimes called pigeons because that's how they look on the plate

8. Kutia - a mixture of cooked, unprocessed wheat grains, cooked poppy seeds, honey, dried or candied fruits soaked in a small amount of port or red wine and various nuts - usually almonds, sunflower grains or walnuts

9. Old Polish piernik - gingerbread

10. Dried fruit compote (kompot z suszu)

11. Poppy seed cake (makowiec)

12. Small nod to a hefty side dish of Mizeria (Polish cucumber salad) mixed with sour cream and lemon juice

Comprehensive page at http://culture.pl/en/article/the-12-dis ... -christmas

Catholic roots: Wigilia is the traditional Christmas Eve vigil supper celebrated by Polish families, held on December 24. The term is often applied to the whole day of Christmas Eve, extending further into Pasterka, a midnight mass held at Roman Catholic churches at midnight preceding Christmas Day. The supper is sometimes called "wieczerza" or "wieczerza wigilijna", using an Old Polish word meaning "large supper". From the biblical records, "The Last Supper" translates into Polish as "ostatnia wieczerza".
Slight variation in menu, mostly the same. When my kids were little, they loved Borscht. I always only have 11 courses. Our Pierogi is also stuffed with cheese. Before the meal, as up to 40 of us arrive, we share opwatki (spelling..sorry for my Polish).

And after the meal, I played Santa Claus (for 20 years), disappearing for up to an hour to get dressed and then wait until all of the dishes were done, and everything was put away. I went out a back door (in Chicago) on to an alley and walked a block away, and then came down the street to the house. I had a large sack of gifts and a row of jingle bells on a big leather strap. All of the children (young and old) waited at the big front window to catch the first glimpse of Santa arriving.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
mudthang
Spotter

Post by mudthang »

Awesome Christmas story from stancomputerhunter

Being a gift-bearing Santa is always fun and playing the surprise part is all part of the chuckles...
How many good memories those kids must have of a traditional real-live Santa arriving with a bulging sack of gifts.

To be honest, that 12-item food menu is OP in turns of belt stretching but most Poles have enjoyed most of these at some time.
Our daughter doesn't care for the beetroot soup but for my missus, it's pure comfort food from childhood in freezing Europe.
For me, coming from a different British colonial tradition, of putting out cookies and milk/beer or whiskey for Santa on Christmas Eve then waking up painfully early on Christmas Day for presents under the tree then a massive late lunch of turkey, lamb and gammon - it was a big change joining my wife's Polski family. But I've grown to love it although the five-year-old in me still wants to open presents on Christmas morning instead of the night before. And it took a while to stop missing meat during the Christmas Eve meal!

Hoping you've had an awesome day with family and friends and glad to know there are some who keep old traditions alive. :D
Awesome webapp for tH stats from David aka caledonianblues
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

mudthang wrote:Awesome Christmas story from stancomputerhunter

Being a gift-bearing Santa is always fun and playing the surprise part is all part of the chuckles...
How many good memories those kids must have of a traditional real-live Santa arriving with a bulging sack of gifts.

To be honest, that 12-item food menu is OP in turns of belt stretching but most Poles have enjoyed most of these at some time.
Our daughter doesn't care for the beetroot soup but for my missus, it's pure comfort food from childhood in freezing Europe.
For me, coming from a different British colonial tradition, of putting out cookies and milk/beer or whiskey for Santa on Christmas Eve then waking up painfully early on Christmas Day for presents under the tree then a massive late lunch of turkey, lamb and gammon - it was a big change joining my wife's Polski family. But I've grown to love it although the five-year-old in me still wants to open presents on Christmas morning instead of the night before. And it took a while to stop missing meat during the Christmas Eve meal!

Hoping you've had an awesome day with family and friends and glad to know there are some who keep old traditions alive. :D
The presents in the big sack were secretly brought by the child's parents. As people arrived, Santa's "helpers" whisked them away to go in the sack later. Each gift also had a note regarding a personal item parents wanted Santa to discuss. Imagine the surprise as little Cindy was congratulated by Santa for getting an A in math, or when Ted was asked by Santa to stop picking on his little sister, especially in the car. As one of Santa's helpers took a gift out of the bag and announced who it was for, the other helper was whispering the message in Santa's ear.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”