Holiday Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ArwenerI
Spotter

Re: Holiday Event 2017

Post by ArwenerI »

TreeKiwi wrote: Hey this is part of the thinking behind the daily streams we are doing. I am setting up a duck map as soon as I have finished writing this to you. Come join the fun today at 4pm CET. We couldn't do the Red deer one yesterday sadly because we showed off the new reserve. But maybe we have time in the next few weeks to revisit it :)

So in the Holiday Spirit, this is why we are doing the daily streams :)
Right, if someone cant do any mission or dont own specific equipment for competitions , you can PM any time (my ingame huntername is therisths , posting via my wife's account)ill be glad to help you.
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

TreeKiwi wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:Hmmm... two event competitions in a row and today's competition (rabbits) doesn't fit the sales picture (which shows a ptarmigan). Lemme guess... someone mixed up today's and tomorrow's date in the release calendar?
Howdy Hunters,

As some of you may have realised. We have had two competitions in a row now, yesterday was the Goat/Ibex one and today it's Rabbits! We have had a tiny little hiccup... I think Doc might have gotten into the Sherry a little to early :P .
This is going to mean that we are going to have two days in a row of missions starting tomorrow and after that all will be back to normal. We did think about changing it around to the correct order, but realised that people have already started doing the competitions and it wouldn't be fair to pull the rug out from underneath them.

Many apologies for the inconvenience, but I hope everyone is having fun still!

Cheers

TK
Just noticed that I don‘t have a result in the Goat/Ibex comp, despite having harvested an unspooked specimen of both species and having joined the comp before my attempts. Was there a maximum distance (I shot from quite far, as I only tried to get the points ;) ) or what else did I miss? Bit frustrating to end up empty-handed despite putting in the effort...
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

TheSpecter wrote:Just noticed that I don‘t have a result in the Goat/Ibex comp, despite having harvested an unspooked specimen of both species and having joined the comp before my attempts. Was there a maximum distance (I shot from quite far, as I only tried to get the points ;) ) or what else did I miss? Bit frustrating to end up empty-handed despite putting in the effort...
Were both unspooked?
Image Image Image
TheSpecter
Scout

Post by TheSpecter »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
TheSpecter wrote:Just noticed that I don‘t have a result in the Goat/Ibex comp, despite having harvested an unspooked specimen of both species and having joined the comp before my attempts. Was there a maximum distance (I shot from quite far, as I only tried to get the points ;) ) or what else did I miss? Bit frustrating to end up empty-handed despite putting in the effort...
Were both unspooked?
Yeah, the ibex was slowly walking towards me, and the feral goat was even eating. Shooting distances were ~105 m and ~90 m, respectively. Apart from the relatively high distances, I got no clue what might‘ve went wrong. IIRC, there were no further requirements apart from the animals being unspooked.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

TreeKiwi wrote: Hey this is part of the thinking behind the daily streams we are doing. I am setting up a duck map as soon as I have finished writing this to you. Come join the fun today at 4pm CET. We couldn't do the Red deer one yesterday sadly because we showed off the new reserve. But maybe we have time in the next few weeks to revisit it :)

So in the Holiday Spirit, this is why we are doing the daily streams :)
That's super nice of you! I'm just opening up my own by sheer coincidence--it is, sadly, SUPER basic but I do have the callers and some decoys out, a tent/blind, and anyone can join if they want. Should be able to get the ducks :)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

You put the summer pants on sale instead of the winter boots.
Spoiler:
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Winter boots missing :)
srb2012
Spotter

Post by srb2012 »

hi all, i bought some of the duck decoys and a couple of the callers and set out to get my first ducks "ever" for the comp. first effort i got 3 of the ducks required and just now i got the last of them, the pintail and this duck shooting is fun. why didn't anyone tell me how much fun it is just to stand in the blind and blast away. lol
JMMax
Spotter

Post by JMMax »

Winter clothing 41%-45% off regular price... but only 4% off bundle price. Good deal for individual items but 4% is not enough for me to buy them all.
Djehmli
Tracker

Post by Djehmli »

JMMax, I just had to poke my head in to say I LOVE your avatar.

Regarding the events themselves, I had to be on the road for work and missed the last week of competitions :(. At least I can still make up the missions.
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”