Holiday Event 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
wiizzi
Scout

Re: Holiday Event 2017

Post by wiizzi »

After one cool competitions like COWs come one so boring one. pure random. with animal that possibly top 10 will be with same result. im out

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Eraser_SK wrote:Description is wrong... rules is what you need to know.
The rules are wrong just as much. The average combined score of what? The comp seems to count only your best wolf.

Species: Grey Wolf
Reserves: Timbergold Trails
Weapons: 6.5x55 Ammunition
Scoring: Average Combined Score
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

HooCairs wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:Description is wrong... rules is what you need to know.
The rules are wrong just as much. The average combined score of what? The comp seems to count only your best wolf.

Species: Grey Wolf
Reserves: Timbergold Trails
Weapons: 6.5x55 Ammunition
Scoring: Average Combined Score
:) Combined Score of Wolf and Wehrwolf :D
Patrick Enz
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Patrick Enz »

The competition did indeed have a code error. That has now been fixed. Now the comp takes the average score of your Grey Wolf and Coyote. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Happy hunting & Merry Christmas!
Patrick Enz I Game Designer
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Patrick Enz wrote:The competition did indeed have a code error. That has now been fixed. Now the comp takes the average score of your Grey Wolf and Coyote. Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Happy hunting & Merry Christmas!
Really............. :evil:

Yeah I went and shot a Coyote 1st and nothing happened yesterday,... than I checked the scores on the competition page and they were around 16. no coyote or wolf average there then.
I shot a wolf and I was on the scoreboard......... :roll: ,... I checked the missions post and nothing was said about it.
So I left it as is, and was to tired to post about it. Well it's at least good to see you set things straight today, but don't you guys check your own work after you release it?
You should make that protocol for anything that is released.............. ha ha .... Just kidding!
Have a good day,... and have a Happy Holiday Season!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

BuiuRei wrote:Stan, you seem to be in conflict about what is and what it says it is. It is a wolf comp and nothing more.

Me, personally, I would like it much more with the yote. But damn, it took me 2 minutes after I saw the new comp was on to see what happened.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. However, every single one of the comps for this holiday event has been multi-species. Why would they suddenly change it? They didn't. They simply erred in the set up, putting the yote in the description, but not the comp.

Edit: I see that EW has agreed, and corrected the comp to multi-species, as intended.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
wiizzi
Scout

Post by wiizzi »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
BuiuRei wrote:Stan, you seem to be in conflict about what is and what it says it is. It is a wolf comp and nothing more.

Me, personally, I would like it much more with the yote. But damn, it took me 2 minutes after I saw the new comp was on to see what happened.
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. However, every single one of the comps for this holiday event has been multi-species. Why would they suddenly change it? They didn't. They simply erred in the set up, putting the yote in the description, but not the comp.

Edit: I see that EW has agreed, and corrected the comp to multi-species, as intended.
what about first comp? single ptarmigan. ppl have won stars with 1 -2 birds killed. fair enough.and a lot of fun.

Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I shot a Wolf last night and it said I placed 6th on the leaderboard??? Then I went and shot a Coyote and nothing popped up up the screen. Now EW says this has been fixed. Does that mean that I have to go and shoot another Coyote this morning or they will take the 10,000 points away?

Wetland
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Wetland wrote:I shot a Wolf last night and it said I placed 6th on the leaderboard??? Then I went and shot a Coyote and nothing popped up up the screen. Now EW says this has been fixed. Does that mean that I have to go and shoot another Coyote this morning or they will take the 10,000 points away?

Wetland
It was in error yesterday and they fixed it today to match the description which is to shoot a Coyote and Wolf for best average on both,...
So yes you will have to shoot a coyote,.. but 1st rounds aren't much good anyways until all the scores come in,...
I was in 7th place yesterday (and I wasn't even trying to get a big one) but I knew that would not stand for long, cuz you probably needed at least a 16.9?? something to get ahead on a wolf.
So now we have to complete the full description to make it count to get the points.
I knew there was something wrong yesterday from what it asked for in the description, I'm not really surprised by it.
That's the breaks!
Last edited by gas56 on December 22nd, 2017, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

Thanks Gas56!

Wetland

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”