Status Update 24th November 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
jeff1963
Hunter

Re: Status Update 24th November 2017

Post by jeff1963 »

Looks amazing, and it looks like the theHunter Primal flora is being put to use. ;-)
Thanks, ~Jeff

WalkingPlague

Post by WalkingPlague »

Looks amazing! Truly some talented people work there. Keep up the great work! Luna you rock...thank you.
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Even though no Axis.....Sambar AND Rusa!?!?! AND BANTENG!!!!??!

I think I might renew my membership ;)

Thank you for not putting waterfowl on this reserve :D
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks EW!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Awesome update! New reserve looks awesome, and the species list sounds great! Water buffalo and banteng sound fantastic!

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Thanks for the teasers! I'm glad to see another reserve focusing primarily on larger big game species. I'm all about about waterfowl and I enjoy small game, but running around with some big guns is going to be greatly reminiscent of RFF, one of my favorite maps already. I will say I'm a bit heartbroken over the lack of a cassowary, I would LOVE to hunt those devils in the jungle. I also wouldn't care to see feral hogs on another map. I know its a pretty realistic species to include since they are so invasive, but I do get tired of hearing their squeals. Just not a big hog hunter here.

Keep up the awesome work team! Can't wait to see more of this reserve!
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

I really don't enjoy seeing feral hogs added to yet another reserve. To me it seems they were just tossed in to fill out the species list. Please replace them with another species. I surely wouldn't prefer feral goats as a replacement, because although I love seeing so many(and NEW!) antlered/horned species being added to a single reserve, I think that quota has been filled for it. Of the game's currently existing(and logical) species, I'd much rather see the feral hogs replaced with cottontail or euro rabbits, the pickings are slim for this new environment. I also wouldn't be bothered by seeing them replaced with wild boars though, regardless of the realism accuracy, since I've always thought they deserve another reserve anyway. Failing that option, I'd personally rather wait up to months for another animal to be created before the reserve is released, rather than having to hunt in yet another reserve with feral hogs. Even though I fully expected this poor choice to be made, I'm still shocked to see feral hogs being put here.

I really love not seeing crocs/gators added, cheers for that, for reasons I won't go into length here because it's off topic. (in a nutshell it's all about the inability to hunt them ethically within the game due to current available game equipment, current game mechanics, and it requires two hunters. for those who would argue against any of these reasons, there's plenty of youtube videos on croc/gator hunting you can refer to)

If the reserve images are the final product we'll be seeing in-game then I'm disappointed by the look. Things look plastic and fake, a little too sharp and crisp, and as if assets were just plopped down on top of flat plain ground texture instead of looking like they're embedded in it/growing out of it. It makes me think of tabletop gaming miniatures/environment. I hope you take all feedback into consideration before release, thanks for the preview.
xOEDragonx wrote:I will say I'm a bit heartbroken over the lack of a cassowary, I would LOVE to hunt those devils in the jungle.
Heh, the cassowary has always been my most desired animal addition to Bushrangers Run, I would also LOVE to see them in the game. Hunting a huge flightless bird, which can mess you up just as easy as the feral hogs do, geez this would be an amazing replacement for them.
Last edited by J_Birdman on November 24th, 2017, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

I am gonna go and hunt me some Bantengs. :D

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

DYEUZ wrote:We'll have 5 reserves with them and only one with the Wild Boar !!!
This was my exact thought! It's funny though, I like to go hunt them more than feral's I think just because pigs are on so many reserves they annoy the hell out of me because they are in so many places.
Second thought was- look at that foliage- seriously spooky Ninja Swine! and what if they bring in night time hunting? ... oh lord, Primal nightmares! :lol:

Water buffalo is one I would've gotten right! I think they were pretty close to happening on BRR from the discussions we had back then before goats were announced.

I'll have to looks those other things up, not positive I know what all are.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
DarkLord
Scout

Post by DarkLord »

Please no more feral hogs. I'm willing to deal with a somewhat empty reserve until you guys can come up with something better to put in there.
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”