Status Update 24th November 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Radamus
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update 24th November 2017

Post by Radamus »

For those concerned about the "plastic" look of the plants- Alena has before taken the risk of showing early screenshots at the expense of not understanding these are WIP's and not the final product. Look how the appearance of reserves have progressed since VDB and the latest of TGT. TGT is a stunning reserve and I expect nothing less than surprise in the end.

I forgot in my earlier post but I think it's important to point out that Luna, once again, got in there and got it done! From my side of the fence it seems that time after time Luna rises to the occasion and kicks ass! Great job Luna!!! ;)
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Awesome! Stunning news.

And as usual, the negative feedback takes way more words than the positive - which doesn't reflect tmy overall feelings about this great status update:

Isn't having Rusa and Sambal in the same reserve a bit like having Blacktail and Sitka in the same reserve? Sure, their habitats are overlapping, but especially in game it will be hard to make them feel very different. I'm surprised that it's not Axis deer instead of one of them.

Feral hogs. Isn't it actually legal in Australia to use poison for them?
I wouldn't mind to have a game mechanic that works exactly opposite to the baiting. Bring out hog poison and keep areas if the map nearly hog free.

Another thing regarding the status update:
On Monday all weapons and other items with the “Limited” tag will become unavailable and moved away,
I haven't been able to see any weapons with a limited tag. Am I missing something or just blind?
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Add me to the growing list of people who don't want hogs:
DYEUZ wrote:I don't like having the Feral Hogs again
kevin2106 wrote:But yea... the hog
Lamphunter wrote:I just have to agree with the others on the Feral Hog thing though!
J_Birdman wrote:I really don't enjoy seeing feral hogs added to yet another reserve. To me it seems they were just tossed in to fill out the species list
Radamus wrote:I think just because pigs are on so many reserves they annoy the hell out of me because they are in so many places.
DarkLord wrote:Please no more feral hogs.
RidgeBack69 wrote:I didn't want to be negative at all but I am sorry I have to agree please no Hogs!!!!
xOEDragonx wrote:I would gladly wait longer for the reserve if it meant getting totally awesome, unique, aggressive, terrifying raptor birds in place of just more boring piggies
Villkatta wrote:Agree on the feral hog. Please have goats, rabbits or some other invasive critter, we've enough squealers on the other maps.
Alderman wrote:But those feral hogs....again? Seriously?
Prinz1989 wrote:Don't care about the hog
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Pretty_Boy
Outfitter

Post by Pretty_Boy »

Mills wrote:Cant wait to stalk one of these beasts:

That looks very big! I think I need a new Lodge :D

Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

Looks like you've used the same grass & ferns from TheHunter Primal Haha TheHunter Primal 2.0 ... any news on that game btw? :|

Thanks for the Sambar deer & Rusa deer! :)
Not too sure in having Water Buffalo & Banteng as I don't want them to have the same behavior as Bison, they're so easy to *hunt* if you can even call it that since they just stare at you to be a easy target while you run around them for a perfect angled shot. :roll:

More Feral Hogs? LOL no thanks.

Any reason for not adding Fallow Deer?
Will Fallow Deer be added in after release? ;)
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Levado wrote:Add me to the growing list of people who don't want hogs:
Lamphunter wrote:I just have to agree with the others on the Feral Hog thing though!
J_Birdman wrote:I really don't enjoy seeing feral hogs added to yet another reserve. To me it seems they were just tossed in to fill out the species list
Radamus wrote:I think just because pigs are on so many reserves they annoy the hell out of me because they are in so many places.
RidgeBack69 wrote:I didn't want to be negative at all but I am sorry I have to agree please no Hogs!!!!
xOEDragonx wrote:I would gladly wait longer for the reserve if it meant getting totally awesome, unique, aggressive, terrifying raptor birds in place of just more boring piggies
Villkatta wrote:Agree on the feral hog. Please have goats, rabbits or some other invasive critter, we've enough squealers on the other maps.
Add me as well. :!: Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Astalos369

Post by Astalos369 »

BCKidd wrote:
Levado wrote:Add me to the growing list of people who don't want hogs:
Add me as well. :!: Peace.

BCKidd.
Same, they're to dang noisy
wouldn't mind goats, dingo or crocodiles
You can ethically hunt crocodiles/alligators with the spot & stalk method or call them in (electronic caller new option) but not 100% sure on the 2nd method

But I'm totally hyped for the new 4 species, especially Banteng, that's an animal I wanna hunt in real life someday
My hope is that the new bovines are really short-tempered
Redmaster
Scout

Post by Redmaster »

Knut wrote:Awesome! Stunning news.

And as usual, the negative feedback takes way more words than the positive - which doesn't reflect tmy overall feelings about this great status update:

Isn't having Rusa and Sambal in the same reserve a bit like having Blacktail and Sitka in the same reserve? Sure, their habitats are overlapping, but especially in game it will be hard to make them feel very different. I'm surprised that it's not Axis deer instead of one of them.

Feral hogs. Isn't it actually legal in Australia to use poison for them?
I wouldn't mind to have a game mechanic that works exactly opposite to the baiting. Bring out hog poison and keep areas if the map nearly hog free.

Another thing regarding the status update:
On Monday all weapons and other items with the “Limited” tag will become unavailable and moved away,
I haven't been able to see any weapons with a limited tag. Am I missing something or just blind?
Rusa and Sambar despite being in the same genus are two very different deer.
Sambar tend to be more solitary while Rusa live in small herds.
Sambar are also ALOT larger, comparable in size to an elk while rusa are mulie size.
On the other hand, I'm not sure which SSP the devs are basing the Rusa off of. Javan Rusa are a good deal larger yet then Molucaan Rusa(which are smaller and have a lot finer fur).
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Many good things in this Status update. The new reserve seems beautiful, many new species to come, and the famous holidays event.
Good job again staff and devs, thanks :)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Very good news and 4 new animals?! Fantastic!

Please no waterfowl in the future, the canada goose (calls) makes hirschfelden unplayable for me.

Hogs? Hmm... I think that fits with the water buffalo, but maybe you rethink about adding them to the new reserve.

Maybe Axis deer next?

MfG L.E.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”