Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
james990
Outfitter

Re: Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

Post by james990 »

kevin2106 wrote:
Dback76 wrote:Hey Guys,

Just saying: Water buffalo don't live in the rainforest in Australia.
They do, they got introduced as far back as the 1820s. They live in the north of australia
Not in the rainforest they don't. For example Daintree rainforest is what is considered a rainforest and many like it do not have water buffalo. As someone said they live in wetlands and the reserve will be a mixture of both i think. I hope the rainforest is not to dense and is filled with lush gullies which is a great place to hunt deer such as red deer, sambar or rusa deer. As well as plains and flat forest which are preferred habitat of chital deer. The wetlands are obviously the area of water buffalo but are also good for feral pigs, wallabies, dingoes (dingoes go everywhere) etc...
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

james990 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
Dback76 wrote:Hey Guys,

Just saying: Water buffalo don't live in the rainforest in Australia.
They do, they got introduced as far back as the 1820s. They live in the north of australia
Not in the rainforest they don't. For example Daintree rainforest is what is considered a rainforest and many like it do not have water buffalo. As someone said they live in wetlands and the reserve will be a mixture of both i think. I hope the rainforest is not to dense and is filled with lush gullies which is a great place to hunt deer such as red deer, sambar or rusa deer. As well as plains and flat forest which are preferred habitat of chital deer. The wetlands are obviously the area of water buffalo but are also good for feral pigs, wallabies, dingoes (dingoes go everywhere) etc...
Man, Rainforest, Jungle. The same in my eyes :lol:

james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

kevin2106 wrote:
james990 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
Where was jungle mentioned?
Point is Water Buffalo live in neither, in my country. They live in tropical wetlands, which when its not pooring rain in the wet season, its scorching hot in the dry season full of mosquitos.
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

EW said Tropical Forests, which means more than 95% forest for me!
And that definitely has to be very dense! Otherwise EW missed the target!!!
That means that no bigger animal can appear on the map! No water buffalo, no deer, no kangaroos.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Sheldon wrote:... That means that no bigger animal can appear on the map! No water buffalo, no deer, no kangaroos.
And you really believe that a full team will spend 6 months of work, for a reserve where we have to hunt rats and mice? Think again! ;)
Spoiler:

Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

That is it. I do not understand what that should be! If they say there is a Tropical Forests map then there can be no grasslands and no bigger animals. If they call the map grassland then it is ok. I can not say I'm doing an Antarctica map and then comes sandy desert with camels or so... understand?
If you say it will be the tropical forests then it must clearly dominate and can not do something completely different.

Then they would not have kept word and missed the Topic!

PS: But we also do not want BR map 2.0, with the same animals as kangaroo and pigs. We all saw how bad the card was accepted...

EW should perhaps think again what they are doing!
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

OK, Sheldon! Three words for you: Kakadu National Park. ;) Now, just figured that shrink to a decent size for the game and you get what? Tropical forest areas, mixed with wetlands. Water buffalo paradise in Australia, also lots of decent size game (deer, kangaroo, pigs or dingo).
Last edited by JackRbbt on November 17th, 2017, 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

So what would you suggest? Either the new map is not strictly tropical forest or it includes the "wrong" species or it is small game only - it seems you are not satisfied either way...

You realize that the decision stands and that reserve has probably been worked on for months? It's not going to be changed to Africa or something else in the last weeks of development.
The good news is: it's the 12th reserve and if you don't like it, the other 11 are still there to enjoy! ;)
Image Image Image
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

james990 wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
james990 wrote:
Where was jungle mentioned?
Point is Water Buffalo live in neither, in my country. They live in tropical wetlands, which when its not pooring rain in the wet season, its scorching hot in the dry season full of mosquitos.

Thought you meant jungle when it wasn’t rainforest, as i have really little knowledge on the difference and stuff. And for some reason my brain told me that i read jungle instead of wetlands :roll:

But i really think the devs knows about it and have some wetland areas in the reserve. The game producer is australian so i guess she knows how she wants it and what is realistic. So i think we’re in good hands :)

HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

Sheldon wrote:EW said Tropical Forests, which means more than 95% forest for me!
And that definitely has to be very dense! Otherwise EW missed the target!!!
That means that no bigger animal can appear on the map! No water buffalo, no deer, no kangaroos.
The key word is inspired, the map will be inspired by rain forest. I'm absolutely sure that there will not be only rodents, nor entire map will be covered wit tight forest. So relax and just wait..

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”