Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Re: Game & Status Updates 15th November 2017 - Loadouts

Post by RidgeBack69 »

outrider wrote:
RidgeBack69 wrote:Rainforest was never said in the status update. The wording used was tropical forest! A tropical forest does not have to be a rainforest so no need to get you're panties in a bunch.
can't help getting your panties in a bunch,....when your wadding around in waist high rain water..... :lol:
AKA..Swamp butt :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

i hope we get water buffalo, fallow deer, sambar deer, fallow deer, cassowaries, feral hog (please), I really hope you leave some swamps for us to shoot ducks in like the Mountain Duck, Austrailian Wood duck, or Pacific Black duck, these would be fun if we could jump shoot them instead of them randomly flying, they automatically spawn, swimming on the swamps and drains.

TBH I have no idea of anyone who hunts the Aussie tropics (didn't even know they had any???) Will be interesting to see what animals.....

It seems that this will be a map completely full of new species to the game which makes me wonder why we couldn't do Africa.... Oh wait! I know why, everyone will like that! JK! thx EWw, will be interesting to see what you decide.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Mills wrote:
Sheldon wrote:Do not you understand what I want??? I do not think so!!! :roll:

I do not care what EW does for months!
If it's grassland, good.
It's just me that they should keep their word!!! And if they say Tropical Forests, so must Tropical Forest!!!
Then they chose the wrong words in the last status update! At the word tropical forests I expect a hunt in a very dense forest on probably very small animals.
Or EW have to correct the mistake and not say it will be Tropical Forests and then the focus is not in it!!!

Understand it finally! :roll:
How dare EW try and pull a fast one on you!!! I mean first they say its tropical forest and now they're saying it's rainforest in the Twitch stream.... what's next? They'll give us the ol' switcheroo and release Africa instead??? GAWW! ;) I'm sure glad we at least have someone around here who can hold them accountable! :lol:
The reserve is inspired by the Australian tropical forest, not the rainforest. Sorry about the misleading info on the stream and all the confusion resulting from that! However, please bear in mind, that neither of our reserves is the exact copy of the existing location (hence "inspired"), we allow certain freedom when it comes to terrain and such, to cater for an interesting and diverse gameplay. For example, we need to maintain the balance between the reserve having the density reminding of a tropical forest while not killing the possibility and fun of hunting in such an area completely (Settler Creeks, anyone?), and there are more similar considerations and, consequently, compromises that we need to make.
DHRifleman wrote:Key word to the entire Australian Tropical forest is "inspired? which means they thought of that when creating the reserve. It doesn't mean it is an "Australian Tropical forest " just that it will include elements of one along with anything else they wanted to add. Just as WRR was inspired by Alaska, it doesn't mean it matches exactly.
Exactly this.
Violator31 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I've noticed somethin' strange on TgT since it went back to normal from the Howlin-een event. The hunter mate doesn't always gather up wolves. The score circle jus' spins and spins and when you simply resume hunt- and you check your harvested animals that wolf that you didn't bother to wait for the hunter mate to take its score- isn't even listed in the harvested animals after you close off the game. Anyone else havin' this issue with the HM not always gathering the data for killed animals? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Similar to what I had happen at RFF 2 nights ago. I shot a Blacktail. Harvested it. The score never showed up (just the spinning circle). The game froze while I was trying to take the trophy shot. Alt-tab didn't help so I hit ctrl-alt-delete and then cancel. I was able to get into the game but the photo uploading notice never went away. I waited a few minutes the hit alt-f4.
I got a letter from Doc and the animal he claims I didn't harvest has a photo in my gallery of a buck that reads "no score".
**edit*** and there isn't anything in the hunt history either.
It looks like we had some server issues at the end of the last week and over the weekend, and what you describe sounds related to that. How often and when have you been experiencing this issue?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey all!

I am so sorry for the confusion over the Rain forest vs Tropical forest debate. On the stream I did say Rain forest and for that I am truly sorry, it is based off 'Tropical forest', not Rain forest.
Reading back through this thread, I see the debate over which exact type of forest everyone has been expecting has been going on for awhile now, maybe you all sucked me in and this is why Rain forest was on my brain! :lol: :oops:

Its a very healthy debate to be having, but like mentioned previously, this map and each one before it is inspired by areas in the world.

Cheers all and sorry that I added to the confusion!

TK
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Mills wrote:
Sheldon wrote:Do not you understand what I want??? I do not think so!!! :roll:

I do not care what EW does for months!
If it's grassland, good.
It's just me that they should keep their word!!! And if they say Tropical Forests, so must Tropical Forest!!!
Then they chose the wrong words in the last status update! At the word tropical forests I expect a hunt in a very dense forest on probably very small animals.
Or EW have to correct the mistake and not say it will be Tropical Forests and then the focus is not in it!!!

Understand it finally! :roll:
How dare EW try and pull a fast one on you!!! I mean first they say its tropical forest and now they're saying it's rainforest in the Twitch stream.... what's next? They'll give us the ol' switcheroo and release Africa instead??? GAWW! ;) I'm sure glad we at least have someone around here who can hold them accountable! :lol:
The reserve is inspired by the Australian tropical forest, not the rainforest. Sorry about the misleading info on the stream and all the confusion resulting from that! However, please bear in mind, that neither of our reserves is the exact copy of the existing location (hence "inspired"), we allow certain freedom when it comes to terrain and such, to cater for an interesting and diverse gameplay. For example, we need to maintain the balance between the reserve having the density reminding of a tropical forest while not killing the possibility and fun of hunting in such an area completely (Settler Creeks, anyone?), and there are more similar considerations and, consequently, compromises that we need to make
I hope my sarcasm came through intended to provide a little comedy after the previous post ;). Of course I am very grateful for any new reserve regardless of what it contains. Cant wait to see some screenshots. :geek:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

After using the new saved loadouts, I would like to comment. They are wonderful! Just click on one of your saved ones before you START the game, and you're good to go. I even had a hunt where I used my last scent eliminator, so the spot was empty. Ordinarily it would still be empty at the beginning of the next hunt. Since it was part of a saved inventory, it loaded a new one for the next start. Cool! 8-)

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:After using the new saved loadouts, I would like to comment. They are wonderful! Just click on one of your saved ones before you START the game, and you're good to go. I even had a hunt where I used my last scent eliminator, so the spot was empty. Ordinarily it would still be empty at the beginning of the next hunt. Since it was part of a saved inventory, it loaded a new one for the next start. Cool! 8-)
I 100% agree. Another example is ammunition if you shoot more than 10 shots in the next hunt a package will be missing. With the loadouts you will always be able to start with full 30 shots.
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all!

I am so sorry for the confusion over the Rain forest vs Tropical forest debate. On the stream I did say Rain forest and for that I am truly sorry, it is based off 'Tropical forest', not Rain forest.
Reading back through this thread I see the debate over which exact type of forest everyone has been expecting has been going on for awhile now, maybe you all sucked me in and this is why Rain forest was on my brain! :lol: :oops:

Its a very healthy debate to be having, but like mentioned previously, this map and each one before it is inspired by areas in the world.

TK
It's OK TK just blame Big Red. :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

RidgeBack69 wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:Hey all!

Reading back through this thread I see the debate over which exact type of forest everyone has been expecting has been going on for awhile now, maybe you all sucked me in and this is why Rain forest was on my brain! :lol: :oops:

TK
It's OK TK just blame Big Red. :lol: :lol:
I'll have to try that next time :P :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Violator31 wrote:
BCKidd wrote:I've noticed somethin' strange on TgT since it went back to normal from the Howlin-een event. The hunter mate doesn't always gather up wolves. The score circle jus' spins and spins and when you simply resume hunt- and you check your harvested animals that wolf that you didn't bother to wait for the hunter mate to take its score- isn't even listed in the harvested animals after you close off the game. Anyone else havin' this issue with the HM not always gathering the data for killed animals? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
Similar to what I had happen at RFF 2 nights ago. I shot a Blacktail. Harvested it. The score never showed up (just the spinning circle). The game froze while I was trying to take the trophy shot. Alt-tab didn't help so I hit ctrl-alt-delete and then cancel. I was able to get into the game but the photo uploading notice never went away. I waited a few minutes the hit alt-f4.
I got a letter from Doc and the animal he claims I didn't harvest has a photo in my gallery of a buck that reads "no score".
**edit*** and there isn't anything in the hunt history either.
It looks like we had some server issues at the end of the last week and over the weekend, and what you describe sounds related to that. How often and when have you been experiencing this issue?
Thanks for responding Alena. It happened five or six times- it was okay yesterday when I hunted, the HM gathered everything. The Error in opening up a hunt happened twice- each time the launcher crashed at 02s. You can see it from my hunt history. But, when I went directly back into a hunt the reserve opened without a hitch. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”