Game Update 8th November 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Re: Game Update 8th November 2017

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hi,

great news, thanks for fixing the death bug. And beautifull new rifle, you can never have enough of them. But for some reason, it doesn't show up in the trophy lodge yet. It lacks an icon in the lodge inventory and when you place it on a wall mount or in the rack, it just won't show up.

Furthermore, there's still a little issue with the .30 R Break Action Rifle. Sometimes, it doesn't play the reloading sound properly. Especially when reloading while moving or running. I can hear my dude opening the rifle and inserting the first cartridge, but it won't play the sound neither of the second one nor the 'click' when closing the rifle.

Best regards,
Wehrwolf
μολών λαβέ
Prinz1989
Hunter

Post by Prinz1989 »

Alena Rybik wrote:Your comments to the game update from the 8th November 2017.
As Tanngnjostr and mapache01 already wrote I believe the list of ethical animals makes this weapons somewhat unpractical
I suggest making it ethical for foxes and bobcats and here is why:

1. It's a rifle for medium game and the really small game in the hunter are birds and rabbits therefore I consider foxes and bobcats to be medium.
2. Foxes and Bobcats have already one of the shortest lists of ethical weapons.
3. With the release of Ptarmigans and Bobcats there are now almost no reserves that have no small game (Birds and rabbits) or foxes or bobcats or big game (Elk, Moose, Bear).
This leaves this weapon in an awkward position. You will usually have to equip one small game weapon, one big game weapon, the 6.5×55 and a weapon for foxes/bobcats. But 4 weapons will barely fit your inventory.
The 6.5×55 is the easiest to sort out since you can use a weapon like the .300 or 7mm for big and medium game (like whitetails, roe deer...).

Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts, the weapon looks nice and thanks for the update.
Also I hoped it would be loadout saves. ;)
Last edited by Prinz1989 on November 8th, 2017, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

After restarting my launcher (had it running since yesterday) it downloaded a little patch and now the gun is visible in the trophy lodge. I guess the issue was about my client not having the files.

.30 R still not working properly anyway :(
μολών λαβέ
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Eraser_SK wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Eraser_SK wrote:6.5x55 sharing same skill?
It's not a re-skin of the Blaser R8, if that's what you mean, so I would imagine the answer is "no".
Algrath wrote:What about a virus problem (HEUR: Backdoor.Win32.Blakken) when you download the latest update?
I would guess that this is a false-positive from your anti-virus solution. You're safe to remove any files associated with theHunter from quarantine.

Hmm ist same bullet... 6.5x55 Nosler AccuBond and with same Permitted Animals... are you sure its not just re-skin with some graphic changes? Bcz i can imagine this rifle will be same like R8. And if dont share same skill I do not know why? And price again another weapon for 600 em$... cmon you dont made cheaper rifle than 550 em$ since i start play this game... its 6 € for new weapon (re-skin with same ammo but with new skill grinding).... i better pass this time :(

its thew same round but a completley new model and animation. it has about as much in common as the bullpup raptor and stambecco
DenDSML

Post by DenDSML »

I am using Zone Alarm Extreme Security (which does not use Kaspersky). When I attempted to launch this game (on Steam or separately), I got a Zone Alarm message that it contained a virus Backdoor.win32.blakkenc. I have attempted to launch the game but Zone Alarm in treating the virus has deleted the launcher.exe from my system. I have attempted this numerous times with the same result. I checked via Steam and tried to verify game files and the launcher is missing. The game no longer works for me. I have restarted multiple times today so that doesn't work. I don't want to uninstall the game as I would lose what progress I have made, I think. Is someone looking into this problem?

Thank You
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Nice update- the new rifle looks awesome. I'm glad to know the flying bug has been crushed. Question tho' to anyone from EW- that has a hand on the repair to the launcher all those months ago. It worked like a charm for a few months, but lately it has gone off the deep-end again. For that last few game updates, I've had to use the "Steam" trick, 'cause the Launcher always fails- I get a text message that says somethin' along the lines of "Assertion Failed" or some other nonsense like that, and the launcher fails. Anyway, is this at all being looked at- for another fix? ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

DenDSML wrote:I am using Zone Alarm Extreme Security (which does not use Kaspersky). When I attempted to launch this game (on Steam or separately), I got a Zone Alarm message that it contained a virus Backdoor.win32.blakkenc. I have attempted to launch the game but Zone Alarm in treating the virus has deleted the launcher.exe from my system. I have attempted this numerous times with the same result. I checked via Steam and tried to verify game files and the launcher is missing. The game no longer works for me. I have restarted multiple times today so that doesn't work. I don't want to uninstall the game as I would lose what progress I have made, I think. Is someone looking into this problem?

Thank You
All your stats are saved on the server so you would lose nothing if you remove, and reinstall, but you should be able to just download the launcher if that is all that is corrupt or missing.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

No patch for me with steam or with the website and i can't see the new weapon. Someone as an idea ? Thx
Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

try change to "English" language - then new gun is available in store
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Makaan wrote:try change to "English" language - then new gun is available in store
tyvm makaan, it's ok with english langage :)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”