Status Update 2nd November 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Re: Status Update 2nd November 2017

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I for one have loads of gear, something comes out and I get it.... (don't tell the wife), however I personally do not see the point of loadouts. I use whatever weapon is right for a certain animal, maybe if I am close to an achievement I will use that, sometimes a bow hunt, a handgun blastout can be fun. I NEVER have a fixed idea of what weapon I would use. It is only healthy to change your clothes now and again....so that is one thing I will give a miss, my free one will be for WWR as the number of weapons for the big animals is limited.
Just my opinion....

Cheers

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Ravenousfox wrote:Only 479 hunters completed the whole pack and received the Werewolf trophy and T-shirt, if you are one of them – congratulations.
Thanks, I assume that would be due to the player base shrinking.
Here's hoping the load-outs don't cost money.
1) player base is chugging along as it always has since 2014 and has had a small amount of growth if anything in the last few months if steam is to be believed http://steamcharts.com/app/253710
2) i think it was down to a week to bag a 13 point elk in the dark in the 2nd mission stopped/ put people off getting this done
3) dont hope too hard Alena has told us time and again non essential convenience content will carry a price tag. and i think preset loadouts are the definition of non essential convenience content
4)cheer up :)
Tabbat

Post by Tabbat »

We will also take into account your feedback about the second mission being too difficult and off-putting.
Yes, indeed!
Took me hours to get a buck with at least 13 ends. I was close to give up.
The second mission took the time as all other together.
Maybe some people had luck and found one quick but while i was trying to get one myself i was thinking about how many people will give up on this mission. :?
Pre-saved loadouts, anyone?
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Great update and a warm welcome to Bethany!!! :)
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Welcome Bethany and Mat!
aussieshooter
Spotter

Post by aussieshooter »

Firstly, welcome to Bethany and Mat. Good to see an antipodean flavour coming to the hunter!

Secondly, thank-you to Alena and the team for a great Halloween mission set, I was one of the lucky 479 to complete the set. And I do mean lucky, as the second mission was more good fortune than good management, as I pretty much walked into a 13+ elk quite quickly. I didn't have any issues with the darkness (yellow tinted glasses helped), and the mood music was not too annoying at all. I enjoyed the model of the werewolf and look forward to being able to fight back next year.

Suggestions for next years event, The mission set could be built around being a mythical creature hunter, Hired by Doc, to save the tourists and residents of all the reserves.This way each mission takes place on a different reserve. Maybe the werewolf in RRB, the Yeti in WRR, or the terrifying Australian Drop Bear for BRR, etc. Culminating in going after the headless horseman in TGT. Could be fun.

Edit: Forgot to say A+++ on the loadout feature. Been a long time requested. I think 150-200em for each backpack/loadout would be fair.
Gewehrwolf
Tracker

Post by Gewehrwolf »

Hello again,

Another thought about the gun mounts for the trophy lodge : Would be amazing if there were information windows for the weapons, too. Just like the ones we have for the trophy animals, but showing weapon stats like accuracy, killrate, total kills etc. No real need, just an idea to improve it a little.

Cheers,
Wehrwolf
μολών λαβέ
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

I have to confess that I didn't even seriously start the Halloween campaigns. First, I am maybe already too old meanwhile to really adopt to a custom that has swapped over from the US to Europe only about a dozed or so years ago, and since infected mainly the kids here in an amazingly massive wave :-).

Second, tH is still for me a reality-close simulation in which any kind of fantasy object (be it the ever-requested "Bigfoot", dinosaurs or other weird creatures) simply would kill my immersion.

But that is only me, never mind. If most of you enjoyed it, this is probably good for the economics of the game as well, and I better keep my mouth shut :-)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

MonacoSteve wrote:I have to confess that I didn't even seriously start the Halloween campaigns. First, I am maybe already too old meanwhile to really adopt to a custom that has swapped over from the US to Europe only about a dozed or so years ago, and since infected mainly the kids here in an amazingly massive wave :-).

Second, tH is still for me a reality-close simulation in which any kind of fantasy object (be it the ever-requested "Bigfoot", dinosaurs or other weird creatures) simply would kill my immersion.

But that is only me, never mind. If most of you enjoyed it, this is probably good for the economics of the game as well, and I better keep my mouth shut :-)
Hey Steve, Halloween, (AKA All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve) didn't originate in the U.S.. I came over here with immigrants from the U.K. and Europe. We just made it better. :P
Personal Bests...
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Fletchette wrote:
MonacoSteve wrote:I have to confess that I didn't even seriously start the Halloween campaigns. First, I am maybe already too old meanwhile to really adopt to a custom that has swapped over from the US to Europe only about a dozed or so years ago, and since infected mainly the kids here in an amazingly massive wave :-).

Hey Steve, Halloween, (AKA All Hallows' Eve, or All Saints' Eve) didn't originate in the U.S.. I came over here with immigrants from the U.K. and Europe. We just made it better. :P
Halloween is an old Irish pagan ritual to ward off the evil spirits before the long winter, probably same reason why America always has it's Presidental election in November (does'nt always seem to work though), and Thanksgiving in the same month, one last big feed before the hard months.... :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”