Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Mills
Outfitter

Re: Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

Post by Mills »

Thanks for the awesome Halloween event EW. Lets see something on Rougarou Bayou next year ;) That would be an awesome reserve to track down another beast... the Rougarou.
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

Post by L3M182 »

ah i missed oit on this trophy and shirt by a few hours. if the work shifts and that 13 point elk had been on my side maybe id have got it. aw well silver bullets next year i hope
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

This year's Halloween event

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

I don't get much chance to play anymore, but I hopped on yesterday to do the Halloween missions on TGT.

I gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed that. If you guys were to whip out a quick spin-off, I'd drop cash on that.

A dark n' spooky map, a little medieval village, some steampunky stuff like silver balls for the muzzle-loader, wooden stakes for the crossbow, flaming arrow for the longbow—cap it all off with a skills and stat tracking system like you got going on for tH. Yeah, I'd drop money on that.

I think you already got most of what you'd need. Already have weapon models. For terrain just take Val-des-Bois, flesh out those old ruins a bit, spookify everything up with some effects and sounds. Already have a pretty bangin' werewolf model. Just have to whip out a few more fictitious creepy-crawlies—throw some of those half-bat lookin' nosferatu in there, maybe some fishy-lookin' beasts lurkin' around down by the water's edge, and you'd be set.

Be hilarious fun to try to come up with a scoring system for mythological creatures. How do you score a werewolf? Mane size? Number of chompers? What about vampires? Fang length? Distance from widow's peak to bald spot? It'd be a riot.

Be a heck of a gameplay experience, too. I've run around with the brown bears, the polar bears, the grizzly bears in tH. Even though they can attack you, hurt you—I've never felt genuinely threatened by any of 'em. I've been run over a few times by bears in this game and it just doesn't make my heart jump.

Wandering around in that dark forest, though, with the full moon and the fog and all that creepy noise going on with werewolves running around? That got me goin', I tell you what. Not a one of 'em ever came after me, but I gotta tell you, hearing one of those things coming up behind you, turning around and seeing it strut out of the fog in yer general direction—yeah, that made me drop to the ground and sit there, hoping that thing would walk by. That's a gameplay experience, that is.

You could even incorporate some of tH's traditional hunting into it. There you are, the stoic hunter of olden times, striding off into the dense forest to procure some boar to throw over the grand fireplace in ye olde tavern later. You stalk your prey, following tracks, stepping lightly, for over an hour until: there, in the last rays of the sun you see the silhouette of your quarry in an open field. You raise your rifle and shoulder it firmly. You take a deep breath, finger on the trigger. You prepare to squeeze and...

The otherworldly howl pierces your ears. The animal bolts. The sound seems to rattle the very roots of the thick trees around you. As it fades from your ears you hear something moving through the underbrush to your right. Something large. These aren't the stealthy, calculated movements of any normal predator—this beast strides with knowledge and purpose. It's purpose is to kill, and the knowledge is that, even if you hear it, even if you fight, even if you run, you're only gonna die tired.

I'd play that every chance I got. Heh.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: This year's Halloween event

Post by Hawkeye »

SUPERWEP7 wrote:I don't get much chance to play anymore, but I hopped on yesterday to do the Halloween missions on TGT.
Merged with existing feedback topic
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

Alena Rybik wrote:The Halloween even is now over - thank you for playing and for sharing your feedback everyone!
do you mean 'event'.... :D ..............i do that sometimes.. :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

gas56
Outfitter

EW Halloween Event Afterthought

Post by gas56 »

Ok.... Nice work EW, for the most part on the missions...
Next year maybe tone it down a bit and add some adjustments,.. and I think you'll have a big winner overall.
The Fog and wind doesn't mix well as anyone knows the wind is what disperses fog.
The loud windy noise if that is what it really pertained to be should be reduced a lot in volume as with another fact that if there is fog there is no wind present in that degree.
As someone mentioned it sounded like the noise from an old Silent Hill Game, not so much theHunter sounds.
Was the headless horseman the invisible man, or I never got to see him at all, just some sound effects then I was decapitated I think.....Maybe not :lol:
But let us destroy that Werewolf! Remember the Kangaroo Beast on WR? Bang, Bang, it's a goner!
Silver Bullets please!
I shot one Werewolf well over 30 times that got stuck on a tree,... Lol
And I used my 30-06, 454, and the reverse draw Crossbow even from behind where the sun doesn't shine!
Here's a couple of pics I took, and thanks for the Halloween Event no matter what the circumstances were!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Re: EW Halloween Event Afterthought

Post by D3AKUs »

Totally in for tuning down the fog. Something in the fog i dont know what, contrast, color variations or whatever made it un playable for me. Tryed and finished the first mission but i had to turn off. Didnt feel good in my eyes when playing, pretty sad as i was really hyped after the small twaser pic we got.

The atmosphere was well done tho and i have to say i actually really liked the sound backdrop overall. Spiderwebs looked cool but a lil too over used. Maybe a lil more variations or different stuff

Cant wait to give it a try next year and hope its playable for me then.

Now i need to find some time again to actually go out for a hunt with all the work and lots of other games ... terrible time of the year :lol:
Way to much stuff on my to do list :D

Nice pic of the head jar btw Gas :D
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: EW Halloween Event Afterthought

Post by Hawkeye »

gas56 wrote:Ok.... Nice work EW, for the most part on the missions...
D3AKUs wrote:Totally in for tuning down the fog.
Merged with official feedback thread.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Today new patch 69.88mb? whats that
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Returning TgT back to normal I would guess
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”