Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Theocrates wrote:Just wanted to add something to why I dislike the "grey" overlay in TGT during the event, while it reduces sight range for me it reduces clarity and forces things to blend a bit too much for me. I just shot my biggest Rocky Mountain Elk on TGT during the event, a top 20's leaderboard trophy and all I feel is disappointed. I couldn't even tell how big he was as he was coming in and I shot him within 10 or 15 meters. I walked over and checked the score and was like "Man, would have been really great to have been able to watch him come in." I tried to get a decent trophy shot but the only thing that looked remotely clear antler wise was the dam glacier setting. Image
I agree. I finally got #2 done with a bull that spotted at max weight of 300 and max score of 370, scored 333. I was hunting where the moon is obscured by the mountains, so pretty much in the dark, figuratively and literally. Imagine my surprise when that small Elk turned out to have a 7 x 7 rack!

What's even more amazing to me is how EW can make hundreds of WHITE spider webs, but can't make a WHITE Albino from the deer species of BT, WT, Moose.

Congrats on the LEADERBOARD Bull Elk, Theocrates!

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
kahuamp
Scout

Re: Game & Status Updates 26th October 2017 - Halloween and Trophy Lodge Customization!

Post by kahuamp »

I am intrigued by the "unique piece of clothing".....does it have any attributes?
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you EW and Patrick for another classic Halloween Event. :D
Lots of surprises an tense moments sneaking around in TgT.
The mood and atmosphere is truly amazing. The challenge of completing the missions pack is a real test of patience at times partly because of the limited range of visibility during the 4:15 a.m. time period, keeps you on the edge! :shock:
Great trophy and T-Shirt!
Maybe we will see Gilles again next year and hopefully have a silver load ready for him!
Spoiler:
Epona142
Scout

Post by Epona142 »

As a visually impaired player, not enjoying the Halloween changes to maps BUT other people are having fun with it so that's cool :) I made a couple of attempts at the missions but the darn werewolf won't howl for me and I had to quit because of how difficult it is to see. I think the changes made are very cool though. I may try again.

Super pleased for trophy lodge customizations and picked up the bundle right away.

(Also only because someone brought it up, but I totally agree that some of the albino animals need a revisit quite badly now that we have trophy lodges to show them off.)
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Thanks for the Status and Game Update. Just installed the Gunrack in my Classic Lodge to make it a lil bit more attractive compared to the Rustic, also gave it a new Style, the Alpine one which i like a lot. Its fully pimped now with Rifles,Handguns and everything :D Looks like my Hunter is a Preper secretly stocking up for World War 3 or the Zombie Apocalypse :lol: Big fan of this Addition, big thumbs up.
Hope we get more stuff to make our lodges more individual in the future.

Seems like the Halloween Event is a good hit too for the majority of people :) Which is nice. Sadly i have to give it a pass, even tho i was really excited at first. Being handicapped with a eyesight disorder the game gives me quite a challenge sometimes when i try to track or even spot animals - and again sadly - the way TGT is presented during this Event makes my Eyes literally bleed and cry for help. I just gave it my first try after lots of work and other stuff in the last days and i really cant play like this, which is a shame but of course its not your fault and i dont blame anyone other then my stupid eyes :lol:

Completed the first Mission and saw the Werewolf running around - looks really great by the way :D

I can see that u put a lot of effort into it. The atmosphere is really well done, with the sounds and overall spookyness - good job. I also liked the lil Graveyard scene at the Lodge.
Sad i probably wont be able to finish the Mission-Set as i would have loved to grab the T Shirt ingame cause i really,really like the design.
Maybe its up for sale next Halloween and i can get my fingers on it.

Spooky Halloween everyone dont get eaten when u travel around on TGT !

Gonna go and play some Destiny 2 now and make stuff explode to ease the pain about this disappointment ... :lol:
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Spend 2 days with hunt Elks... even over 300 point Elk is not enough to finish 2nd mission. :/ After hours im little sad and angry and this sooooooooooound... this annoying sound :(
AngelOne63
Tracker

Post by AngelOne63 »

you made me sweat ... anyway it was worth ... beautiful trophy and shirt ... good, keep doing this.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Yay finished the set, normally I give these things a miss, shooting air-borne little birds with a crossbow just 'aint my thing but this I went at. Great job EW on the atmosphere, yellow glasses help a ton. The only thing for me is the 13 point elk would have benn a good mission 7, too many getting stuck on mission 2 and becoming p****ed off.... getting a bighorn in the dark is a challange but can be done 8-)
Great sense of "HoHa" got the trophy here, I hope the November Madness is repeated this year for Movenber !!!!
Many thanks and well done to the EW team (Silver Bullets next year pls) :idea:

Cheers,

Schlachtwolf
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Was a great event EW! really enjoyed it and just finished my mission pack!
My most fun trophyshot:

Here is your caké, ehm pumpkin i mean ;)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Missions accomplished! Thanks EW for the best Halloween event ever!!!
Pure Awesome!
Love all the nice details, the eerie music, the mournful wind, the glowing pumpkins, all the severed heads at the everfall lodge, the graveyard, the spiderwebs,
and of course the were's & the head-chopping horseman!

(Tho, I found the beasties a wee bit too timid, even when I tried to approach them I couldn't get them to attack.
Maybe I scare them? :lol: )

A big and heartfelt thank you to you all, for putting so much work and thought into this event - and hopefully we'll get silver bullets next year :mrgreen:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”