Status Update 18th October 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
xOEDragonx

Re: Status Update 18th October 2017

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'd prefer if the packs remained cosmetic. Most offer a camo bonus so they do have some purpose other than just looks. I'd rather not have to see them in every trophy shot I take (I put my gear down before taking real life trophy shots), and it doesn't really do much for me in the way of realism since there's no way in the world I'm fitting two rifles, a handgun, a two person tree stand and all my other hunting supplies in one. Maybe others have different thoughts for it though!
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Alena Rybik wrote:
Ringolf wrote:Thanks for the update!

Now we just need a "classic" backpack to match the Doc-Monsignor outifts :)

Btw, is there a plan that the backpacks will someday "work" as a gameplay element, as in, you would need to equip a backpack to take advantage of the extra carry capacity?
Would you like that? This was one of the ideas we played around with when we were discussing bringing the actual backpacks into the game, but we decided against it.
I would like for the backpacks to add extra carrying capacity. I usually bring 3 weapons, at least one extra pack of ammo for each weapon, all calls and scents for species on map, binos, scent elim, and sometimes a treestand. I usually have to really plan it properly to make sure i dont go over capacity. So yes I would probly buy each camo version if I knew I could get extra carrying weight. On that note can we please get face masks for all camos? Would pick all of them up too.
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

I would also buy more if they increase carrying weight...with all the new equipment as of late extra storage for more of the new stuff would be great and needed imho.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Mills wrote:
I would like for the backpacks to add extra carrying capacity. I usually bring 3 weapons, at least one extra pack of ammo for each weapon, all calls and scents for species on map, binos, scent elim, and sometimes a treestand. I usually have to really plan it properly to make sure i dont go over capacity. So yes I would probly buy each camo version if I knew I could get extra carrying weight. On that note can we please get face masks for all camos? Would pick all of them up too.
I agree. And it would spur me to purchase some of the new rifles. I haven't because they cost too much capacity, and I'm not able to include them. I have been hunting with the 7mm Bouquetin forever because of its reduced weight. The stuff that Mills lists just fits with that gun.

I use the Army camo on all 'green' reserves, and am disappointed there is no Army backpack.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Pity for this werewolf who accompanies us !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
INSANEPAPPY60 wrote:I would also buy more if they increase carrying weight...with all the new equipment as of late extra storage for more of the new stuff would be great and needed imho.
36/5000
I agree with you ! you are right !! :x :x ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Only time I have wanted more space is moving stands or equipment. But if you carry a tent with you, you can do it easy :)

I can take one gun, bow, handgun, treestand all callers, camping supplies and scent spray!

Think about how much equipment we can take now, then think how much you could carry in real life. I like the balance it's at now!
But each to their own, hope everyone is well!
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

No fear folks, it´s just Shaq in his spandex suit, looking for that lost basket...

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

Columbo wrote:No fear folks, it´s just Shaq in his spandex suit, looking for that lost basket...

still scared.....
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

BTW GIlles Garnier is a French legend, known as the Werewolf of Dole, a cannibal who would steal babies and eat them, he was caught and burned at the stake...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Garnier
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
CAmulieman
Tracker

Post by CAmulieman »

Yep, this doesn't belong here, but I just had to share it. I couldn't find a forum that seemed to fit. I was walking toward a hunting tower I had set up near a feeder. I saw a pheasant flying INSIDE the top of the tower. I climbed into the tower and shot the bird. Took a trophy shot of it as proof I was not imagining it. Oh, and then my dog was stuck there too. Where would be a better place to report strange stuff like that?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”