Game & Status Updates 22nd September 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Hunter300
Spotter

Re: Game & Status Updates 22nd September 2017

Post by Hunter300 »

Epona142 wrote:Is it just me or are feral goats ridiculously spooky? I work with domesticated goats for a living and they will generally turn to look at a threat from a short distance away, not bolt for a couple miles. I barely bother to hunt them despite having wanted them in the game for years because of it.
They're actually rather easy to hunt in this game, just don't get too close and make good use of elevation and wide open areas.
ArwenerI
Spotter

Post by ArwenerI »

Is there any chance to reduce antler sheds spawn ratio because with such frequency i dont know if we can still call them ''treasures'' they are pretty common more than mushrooms.I know many players dont like it since sheds like they are now ,mean free points but still such frequency dont make them ''rare'' or ''unique'' like mushrooms(fly amanita).
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ArwenerI wrote:Is there any chance to reduce antler sheds spawn ratio because with such frequency i dont know if we can still call them ''treasures'' they are pretty common more than mushrooms.I know many players dont like it since sheds like they are now ,mean free points but still such frequency dont make them ''rare'' or ''unique'' like mushrooms(fly amanita).
They aren't more common than mushrooms, they're just easier to spot. Personally, I haven't found a single shed that wasn't in WRR, which tells me you're still able to walk right past them on other maps without noticing.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Hawkeye wrote:
ArwenerI wrote:Is there any chance to reduce antler sheds spawn ratio because with such frequency i dont know if we can still call them ''treasures'' they are pretty common more than mushrooms.I know many players dont like it since sheds like they are now ,mean free points but still such frequency dont make them ''rare'' or ''unique'' like mushrooms(fly amanita).
They aren't more common than mushrooms, they're just easier to spot. Personally, I haven't found a single shed that wasn't in WRR, which tells me you're still able to walk right past them on other maps without noticing.
The same as me then, i thought my eyesight is really bad. :geek:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

ArwenerI
Spotter

Post by ArwenerI »

Hawkeye wrote:
I never found 3 mushrooms in a raw within a distance of 150m. it was like i was collecting valentine's hearts or bears that used to spawn one after another.Who knows maybe i was lucky.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

ArwenerI wrote: I never found 3 mushrooms in a raw within a distance of 150m.
I actually have done this before. A few times there were 2 mushrooms in sight at the same time.
Once in a MP game I told a friend that I hadn't seen one of those pots in a long time. Within the next day or so I found 3 of them in the same hunt, 2 of them were less than 30 meters apart. I fast traveled to a lodge, got just outside it's border & there was the first one. I didn't go very far & there was the other 2.
I must have caught a couple of these sheds just as they were spawning because it looked like they were falling it the spot where I found them. It was wide open areas, I was running, & they were in a straight line in front of me. The first one caught me off guard "What the hell was th...?!!"
I wondered if I was ever going to see one from a Roe deer since they would be pretty small. Then I was clicking on a tracking dome & picked one up. Still didn't see it though. :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ArwenerI wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
I never found 3 mushrooms in a raw within a distance of 150m. it was like i was collecting valentine's hearts or bears that used to spawn one after another.Who knows maybe i was lucky.
It's completely random. Yesterday, I had a hunt on WRR that lasted nearly 5 hours. I walked almost 10 km during the hunt. For the first 4 hours & 9km, I didn't find a single shed. In the last 47 minutes, I stumbled on 4 of them.
ArwenerI
Spotter

Post by ArwenerI »

Violator31 wrote: I actually have done this before. A few times there were 2 mushrooms in sight at the same time.
I know i have done this too. The problem is that antler sheds consider to be treasures(as far as i know ,i may be wrong) , so how often you find treasures like vyzantine coins ,pots or aboriginal knives(specially these ones)?
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

ArwenerI wrote:
Violator31 wrote: I actually have done this before. A few times there were 2 mushrooms in sight at the same time.
I know i have done this too. The problem is that antler sheds consider to be treasures(as far as i know ,i may be wrong) , so how often you find treasures like vyzantine coins ,pots or aboriginal knives(specially these ones)?
Why is that a problem? At my current rate of finding sheds, it'll still be nearly 3 years until I max out the Treasures category, and that's if I continue to hunt every day.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

ArwenerI wrote:
Nope. You are right, I understand. Thanks.

Hawkeye beat me to a reply. And I agree with him. I think, maybe, they are using a long awaited item to help boost the numbers for the "Treasures" category.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”