Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
User avatar
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator
Posts: 6045
Joined: June 29th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Location: 42.655701 N, 82.61936 W

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby Tod1d » September 18th, 2017, 7:53 am

saldas1983 wrote:I'm confused about bobcat scoring though. In pre release stream you got bobcat with the score of about 20 (if I remember well). And now they all below 10. Score is sum of skull width and length. Is it in inches or what?


It was changed to inches. The odd part is, on the leaderboard I notice a lot of ties, and the scores all seem to be about 1 millimeter apart. (0.0394"), but when converted back to metric they are not even millimeters. Example, the highest score on the leaderboard is 9.558" (242.773 mm).
"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong."
User avatar
Generalkommendant
Tracker
Posts: 227
Joined: March 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Location: Southern Sweden. "The wild boar paradise".

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby Generalkommendant » September 18th, 2017, 8:25 am

BCKidd wrote:
Fletchette wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:The lynx can be found all through out Canada and into Alaska.

True, AKA Canadian lynx......Also a bobcat IS a species of lynx.


All true indeed. If EW ever does put another critter on RFF, I too would agree that a Lynx would be appropriate. The AI as mentioned for the Bcat is pretty identical to a Lynx, size and perhaps habitat may only differ minutely b'tween the two species. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

Can agree that it would be nice to add the Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx) to:

1. Hemmeldal (Where they are really present).
2. Val-des-Bois (There are a few).
3. Redfeather Falls (The Canada Lynx, Lynx canadensis).

4. Hirschfelden (A very small population but still present).

Lynx = Bobcat, Siberian Lynx, Iberian Lynx, Canadian Lynx, Eurasian Lynx.

Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx)
Image
Eurasian Lynx (Lynx lynx)
Image
Iberian Lynx (Lynx pardinus)
Image
Siberian Lynx (Lynx lynx wrangeli)
Image
Canadian Lynx (Lynx canadensis)
Image
Bobcat (Lynx rufus)
Image
I would love to see the .338 Lapua Magnum! (And an African reserve of course...)
User avatar
saldas1983
Hunter
Posts: 532
Joined: July 10th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby saldas1983 » September 18th, 2017, 8:48 am

Tod1d wrote:
saldas1983 wrote:I'm confused about bobcat scoring though. In pre release stream you got bobcat with the score of about 20 (if I remember well). And now they all below 10. Score is sum of skull width and length. Is it in inches or what?


It was changed to inches. The odd part is, on the leaderboard I notice a lot of ties, and the scores all seem to be about 1 millimeter apart. (0.0394"), but when converted back to metric they are not even millimeters. Example, the highest score on the leaderboard is 9.558" (242.773 mm).

Do they really have such a small skull? 1st place in leader board has a skull length of 5.5 inch and width of 4.
User avatar
DYEUZ
Outfitter
Posts: 2461
Joined: October 11th, 2013, 3:36 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby DYEUZ » September 18th, 2017, 9:09 am

Wow ! Look at those paws on the Canadian Lynx ! :shock: Does he look soft or what !? :lol:
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Outfitter
Posts: 4063
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby stancomputerhunter » September 18th, 2017, 11:24 am

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I saw that as well w/CotW. The whole reserve looks awesome, and in the species list the Musk Deer? Friggin sweet. Something entirely new to hunt. The old Vampire deer itself lol!
Ok, off topic here, apologies. We shouldn't be talking about CotW in the status update thread for tH:C.
Quick question: has anyone noticed less Bobcat presence and calls around the middle Logger's Point tower area? I didn't really wanna say much because I was tryin to see if it was just RNG and it happens, but it's seems to me the first two days of release, I'd find roughly 3-4 Bobcats in the area, sometimes more, sometimes less. But since Friday, it's been far less, with maybe 1 or two, and hardly ever a call anymore. Anyone else noticing this as well?


One more off topic comment in this vein. How is it, as soon as tHC gets a new species, it shows up soon on COTW? We got a Bobcat, they got a Lynx. Yet the reverse is not true. They (yes I delineate them as we and they..they are not playing the same game) have Fallow Deer...why isn't there Fallow Deer in tHC?

Image
Rares: 71 NTs: 20
My YouTube
User avatar
supercelldrw
Scout
Posts: 423
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby supercelldrw » September 18th, 2017, 11:51 am

Image
ImageImage
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on September 18th, 2017, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed picture links (use bigimg-tag instead of img-tag)
Spoiler:
User avatar
supercelldrw
Scout
Posts: 423
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 am

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby supercelldrw » September 18th, 2017, 1:21 pm

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I saw that as well w/CotW. The whole reserve looks awesome, and in the species list the Musk Deer? Friggin sweet. Something entirely new to hunt. The old Vampire deer itself lol!
Ok, off topic here, apologies. We shouldn't be talking about CotW in the status update thread for tH:C.
Quick question: has anyone noticed less Bobcat presence and calls around the middle Logger's Point tower area? I didn't really wanna say much because I was tryin to see if it was just RNG and it happens, but it's seems to me the first two days of release, I'd find roughly 3-4 Bobcats in the area, sometimes more, sometimes less. But since Friday, it's been far less, with maybe 1 or two, and hardly ever a call anymore. Anyone else noticing this as well?

I agree
Spoiler:
User avatar
SoldierofGod
Tracker
Posts: 219
Joined: November 10th, 2011, 3:40 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby SoldierofGod » September 21st, 2017, 10:14 am

I spotted a bobcat around the three lakes region of loggers point and decided to watch it instead of killing it right away. It did not take long before it started pouncing at mice and it looked really cool. Good job devs. I think fox should have a similar behavior, and have watched them in real life and they also pounce for mice.
User avatar
Hunter300
Spotter
Posts: 61
Joined: May 25th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby Hunter300 » September 22nd, 2017, 12:50 am

Code: Select all

9.558
9.518
9.477
9.437
9.396
9.356
9.316

These are the only scores on the leaderboard for bobcat and at the end of the season you probably see 1 or 2 different scores. :roll:
User avatar
stancomputerhunter
Outfitter
Posts: 4063
Joined: December 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
Location: 1 mile South of the Cheddar Curtain

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Postby stancomputerhunter » September 22nd, 2017, 10:28 am

Hunter300 wrote:

Code: Select all

9.558
9.518
9.477
9.437
9.396
9.356
9.316

These are the only scores on the leaderboard for bobcat and at the end of the season you probably see 1 or 2 different scores. :roll:


Just like the wolves. Less data for EW to keep track of. :lol:

Image
Rares: 71 NTs: 20
My YouTube

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nomad, TheSpecter and 1 guest