Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BCKidd

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Post by BCKidd »

Fletchette wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:
How can the Lynx be added to RFF which is a British Columbia (Canada) inspired reserve? I agree with Hemmeldal, and it would also fit very good into VDB

PS: the post above can't be deleted for some reason from my phone. Only wanted to change USA to Canada but it posted it again...
The lynx can be found all through out Canada and into Alaska.
True, AKA Canadian lynx......Also a bobcat IS a species of lynx.
All true indeed. If EW ever does put another critter on RFF, I too would agree that a Lynx would be appropriate. The AI as mentioned for the Bcat is pretty identical to a Lynx, size and perhaps habitat may only differ minutely b'tween the two species. 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

the lynx has been added to COTW

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

looks stunning. 8-)
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I saw that as well w/CotW. The whole reserve looks awesome, and in the species list the Musk Deer? Friggin sweet. Something entirely new to hunt. The old Vampire deer itself lol!
Ok, off topic here, apologies. We shouldn't be talking about CotW in the status update thread for tH:C.
Quick question: has anyone noticed less Bobcat presence and calls around the middle Logger's Point tower area? I didn't really wanna say much because I was tryin to see if it was just RNG and it happens, but it's seems to me the first two days of release, I'd find roughly 3-4 Bobcats in the area, sometimes more, sometimes less. But since Friday, it's been far less, with maybe 1 or two, and hardly ever a call anymore. Anyone else noticing this as well?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:I saw that as well w/CotW. The whole reserve looks awesome, and in the species list the Musk Deer? Friggin sweet. Something entirely new to hunt. The old Vampire deer itself lol!
Ok, off topic here, apologies. We shouldn't be talking about CotW in the status update thread for tH:C.
Quick question: has anyone noticed less Bobcat presence and calls around the middle Logger's Point tower area? I didn't really wanna say much because I was tryin to see if it was just RNG and it happens, but it's seems to me the first two days of release, I'd find roughly 3-4 Bobcats in the area, sometimes more, sometimes less. But since Friday, it's been far less, with maybe 1 or two, and hardly ever a call anymore. Anyone else noticing this as well?
Chuck I know in the steam they said they wouldn't actually call that often. So maybe you got lucky with calls... can't comment on the spawns as I haven't even loaded the game up yet :(
FastGun
Scout

Post by FastGun »

My first Bobcat harvest... Of course from Settler Creeks ;)
whiteonyx2
Tracker

Post by whiteonyx2 »

Bobcat mission trophy are in my collection now ;) and looking really good :D
Hunting is living my profile use to be "whiteonyx"
Patrick Enz
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Patrick Enz »

Hello everyone! Sorry for the immense confusion around the Coyote scoring adjustments. First off, there are currently no changes to the Coyote score. the only thing that has been changed is the general model scale of the Coyote. I decided not to change the score because of what our game design states on the real life weight references we gathered in the past.

So basically to summarize, all we are doing is adjusting the model sizes of the Coyote and Wolf to make them look more realistic in terms of scale. No score adjustments have been made. Once again, I apologize for any confusion caused.
Patrick Enz I Game Designer
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Thanks and i'm happy to hunt the new Coyote and Wolf...
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Patrick Enz wrote:Hello everyone! Sorry for the immense confusion around the Coyote scoring adjustments. First off, there are currently no changes to the Coyote score. the only thing that has been changed is the general model scale of the Coyote. I decided not to change the score because of what our game design states on the real life weight references we gathered in the past.

So basically to summarize, all we are doing is adjusting the model sizes of the Coyote and Wolf to make them look more realistic in terms of scale. No score adjustments have been made. Once again, I apologize for any confusion caused.
Thanks Patrick. That's a fantastic news. I like the score is kept the same.
I'm confused about bobcat scoring though. In pre release stream you got bobcat with the score of about 20 (if I remember well). And now they all below 10. Score is sum of skull width and length. Is it in inches or what?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”