Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
\m/
Outfitter

Re: Game & Status Update 13th September 2017

Post by \m/ »

Alena Rybik wrote:Great to see you are sticking to your promise ;)
First one (for me) on SC! Compound Bow "Pulsar" - Shot Distance: 40.08m - Score: 8.192
Now offline. Forever.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Here's my first cat from last night. Got two on RB and then went to WHI with no luck. I saw at least 7-8 different cats in about 1.5 hours or so on the RB hunt, guess I just wasn't looking in the right place at Whitehart.

The models are well done, and they really are a challenge to hunt. The very first cat I saw in the swamp, his spotting information popped up near my caller but I just couldn't pick him out. By the time I realized he was creeping in directly underneath my treestand, he was already starting to sprint off.

I've found the little trick that seems to be working for me so far to know if a bobcat is coming is to set up my electronic caller and tree stand then just start calling in deer. The deer will mosey around under the stand and as soon as they go spooky, I know a bobcat is coming into the call or is at least nearby. Obviously it only works if there are deer around, but it's nice to have a little warning since the cats are difficult to spot in brush and since they don't hang around long before they take off.
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

saldas1983 wrote:Nice update. Congrats on the good job with cats and bug fixes. Alena, can you tell us please how big of the change was made to coyote and wolf score. I know you cant give exact numbers and Im not asking for them. Just tell us please maybe percentage or 1/4 or something like that. Because now I haven't noticed any difference as there are coyote and wolf in the leader board with the score similar to the ones we could expect in season 21.
Both are now about 10 - 15% smaller, so not such big a difference.
CaptainGravy
Tracker

Post by CaptainGravy »

Got my first one this morning! Was out stalking WTs at the south cliff lodge when I got a call from a bobcat. Got onto a rock and started blowing the Jackrabbit caller. Within a few minutes the Bobcat came sneaking in, and was very hard to see with all the brush and trees around. Finally walked out of a bush and was not more than 20 Meters away. Bobcat spotted me and popped I up to take the shot. The lighting of the place I was at was bad, so the trophy shot wasn't that great.
Score: 6.425

The Pulsar's slow loading almost cost me this Bobcat, but this time I was lucky. :lol:
Last edited by CaptainGravy on September 14th, 2017, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my Youtube channel! Gameplays and guides for theHunter and more! http://tinyurl.com/y8zpld37
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Scoring 9.196

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

D3AKUs wrote:Image

Ninja sneaked up through the water so i had to grab him by the throat to not drown him ... :D
This one is a little more friendly that that one apparently. We had a long chat about the ballistics & callers. Don't worry, I didn't divulge any secrets.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Alena Rybik wrote:
saldas1983 wrote:Nice update. Congrats on the good job with cats and bug fixes. Alena, can you tell us please how big of the change was made to coyote and wolf score. I know you cant give exact numbers and Im not asking for them. Just tell us please maybe percentage or 1/4 or something like that. Because now I haven't noticed any difference as there are coyote and wolf in the leader board with the score similar to the ones we could expect in season 21.
Thanks for a quick response Alena. But that got me puzzled now. If the scores of those 2 animals are 10-15% smaller why is there 59.5 coyote in the first place in leader board. Wolf scores doesn't look smaller either. So let's say there is an issue now with new scoring, but if we will start getting coyote max score of 52-54 instead of 60 will it not require to change the spotting and tracking info? I'm asking all these questions because I'm running a competition with my friends and would really like to clear this up.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

saldas1983 wrote:
Alena Rybik wrote:
Thanks for a quick response Alena. But that got me puzzled now. If the scores of those 2 animals are 10-15% smaller why is there 59.5 coyote in the first place in leader board. Wolf scores doesn't look smaller either. So let's say there is an issue now with new scoring, but if we will start getting coyote max score of 52-54 instead of 60 will it not require to change the spotting and tracking info? I'm asking all these questions because I'm running a competition with my friends and would really like to clear this up.
I think it was the size of the animals that was fixed not the score. Coyote can still be up to 30kg but they wont look as big now as before.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

lowby wrote: I think it was the size of the animals that was fixed not the score. Coyote can still be up to 30kg but they wont look as big now as before.
I was also under the impression that the scoring changed alongside the model sizes, and that's what warranted a new season starting. If it was just model sizes, then we didn't need a new season. But I too am seeing familiar sizes on the leaderboards for wolves and coyotes.
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

xOEDragonx wrote:
lowby wrote: I think it was the size of the animals that was fixed not the score. Coyote can still be up to 30kg but they wont look as big now as before.
I was also under the impression that the scoring changed alongside the model sizes, and that's what warranted a new season starting. If it was just model sizes, then we didn't need a new season. But I too am seeing familiar sizes on the leaderboards for wolves and coyotes.
Just reread the update and I agree sounds like the score should have changed too guess its a bug or there wording is off either of the two.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”