Status Update 28th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
maxhofmannp

Re: Status Update 28th August 2017

Post by maxhofmannp »

ronMctube wrote:remember also with the bobcat the face is going to be probably the main focus on trophy shots.so a handsome face is better to look at.what we need to remember is anyone can copy a face of a cat and ps it onto the bobcat in a minute but it has to work ingame.with no issues.

also what a cat is doing will have different facial and eye positions.some bobcats from images do have very close to eyes .so it comes down to whay source of info you are using to base the design off.could be many things all right.just different.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bobca ... 20&bih=940
Sure! but pls Ron, for just one time dont give the reason to the studio, we used to read just congrats and beauties from you to EW....

I know that make a model is a work in game, and it's very hard .... no one can deny that, but this guys are so good that they can make everything even better! that's the point, also, i think they will really appreciate the feedback from the community, and specially from Gas ... we're ordinary people that pays for a service (and we pay a lot, by the way), not a famous youtuber that if the model comes out, will say that all is ok ;)
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i do so if somethings great or not great.often at my own cost :lol:

feedback is very important.you are totally correct. ;) .

was just trying to highlight that there is not just one bobcat.there are many variations and some feedback is the eyes are too close but from those images i posted for eg some do have very close eyes.also pupils for example to big a cat that is excited or in hunt mode focusing on something will have big eyes. so it depends on what source or situation the bobcat is in to how its appearance maybe effected or image taken used for refference when took.

a bobcat just resting is going to have a totally different facial appearance to a bobcat hunting or scared maybe.

its great to see the feedback coming in though. :D
maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

ronMctube wrote:i do so if somethings great or not great.often at my own cost :lol:

was just trying to highlight that there is not just one bobcat.there are many variations and some feedback is the eyes are too close but from those images i posted for eg some do have very close eyes.also pupils for example to big a cat that is excited or in hunt mode focusing on something will have big eyes. so it depends on what source or situation the bobcat is in to how its appearance maybe effected or image taken used for refference when took.

a bobcat just resting is going to have a totally different facial appearance to a bobcat hunting or scared maybe.

we'll just have to wait 'til the final model comes out .... I'm anxious to put the trigger to one of this cats!!! :lol: :lol:
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

gas56 wrote:The eyes are a little crossed and pupils are too big and they should be glossy just like a marble,.. the nose needs that cat color touched up, and the ear lobes should be more transparent in the daylight showing some skin pigmentation just like looking at a leaf when the sun shines on it. The cat fur should have darker detailed bobcat markings but then you wouldn't be able to tell if it was the real thing or not............... :lol:
This is your cat with a couple details painted in.
ImageImage
Hell, Gas, this looooooooks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Nice edit Gas. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

maxhofmannp wrote:
ronMctube wrote:i do so if somethings great or not great.often at my own cost :lol:

we'll just have to wait 'til the final model comes out .... I'm anxious to put the trigger to one of this cats!!! :lol: :lol:

i think its probably one of the most awaited animals in theHunter history.cats been wanted for years should be brilliant and very popular. 8-)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

ronMctube wrote:remember also with the bobcat the face is going to be probably the main focus on trophy shots.so a handsome face is better to look at.what we need to remember is anyone can copy a face of a cat and ps it onto the bobcat in a minute but it has to work ingame.with no issues.

also what a cat is doing will have different facial and eye positions.some bobcats from images do have very close to eyes .so it comes down to whay source of info you are using to base the design off.could be many things all right.just different.

Good point, Ron. However, of all the pictures in that link, only one has totally dark pupils, and that one looks like it's a matter of shade. All of the rest, except the otter, :lol: ,have color around the pupils. That is the biggest feature that EW should change in their model, IMHO.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Ron,... I painted the textures on and I used to make models eyeballs and textures also. I think it took me over 30 minutes to get it close enough, but I still wasn't
satisfied with the eye color as it needed to be a more drab olive green and glossy at the same time, but I didn't want to be there that long.
With a 3d program everything could have been covered and shiny with the right settings and lighting.
And what you say with pupils I see it differently, pupils expand with less sunlight, no matter what the situation may be, ...
I can't help if I notice things other players don't ,... but that's just who I am...........
Sometimes I shouldn't comment about these things but hopefully it is for the greater good..........
but you know how that goes sometimes...................GAS
Last edited by gas56 on August 29th, 2017, 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

The Bobcat looks great
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I have to agree my first reaction was that the eyes on the model look like they came from the TV show Daktari.
Remember Clarence the cross eyed lion ?
OH sorry, most of you aren't as old as me.
LOL.
But like in the past, I'm sure the comments will help in the final polishing.
Looking forward to seeing the final product.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”