Status Update 28th August 2017

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 28th August 2017

Post by FR_Bugs »

Thanks for this status update Staff and Devs.
Hurry to see this beautiful bobcat, and what you had imagined for hunt and lure them.
Good job again :)
Eraser_SK
Outfitter

Post by Eraser_SK »

Bobcat looks now great...
Lamphunter
Hunter

Post by Lamphunter »

Thank you for a great update Alena! :)
Bobcat looks amazing and great news about the roaming bug...it's like tracking a ghost. Not best feeling, specially when participating in competitions! :D

P.S. It looks like there is some kind of a problem with competitions that ended yesterday and today (on the 27th and 28th). Some or all (i wouldn't know) winners didn't receive any confirmation letters from doc, ems or trophies and it's not possible to check in previous competitions page, because it only shows the comps that have ended until the 26th of August! This result page i opened it, just before it was removed from the live or upcoming comps page: https://www.thehunter.com/#competitions ... eaderboard
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Thank you for the update and the news of bobcat, I hope to be able to expose one in my trophy lodge :P .
I think there is a problem on the servers, the last hunts last night are still not updated (appear always in progress)
An for the Scoresaver Lottery competition it seems to me, except omission on my part, have killed at least one animal of each species and I do not get a ranking ? (It's true that I turned it off several times when I was hunting ducks at RB, I was unlikely to see a black bear :) )
Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

The eyes are not well done!

@Lamphunter: That I can confirm the competitions do not work, you get no rewards.
EW do something!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Thz for the update .

I agree that the eyes of the bobcat do not look normal . Looks like it has make-up , mascara , or something . He also kind of is looking inside . Still, he looks pretty good so far .
Image Image ImageImage

Thx to have worked hard on the roaming bug and thx also to those who provided roaming bug reports . Still, will wait to have it really , officially killed , before jumping with joy .

Keep up the good hard work EW.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Sheldon
Spotter

Post by Sheldon »

Very nice comparisons. I wonder what the developers are looking for, according to their imagination? You have to make the animals for pictures and always compare, you can also take the original eyes from a picture.

The ears also do not fit in color, which should be much brighter, not black at the sides. (only the fur bundle at the top of the ears is black)

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

DYEUZ wrote:Thz for the update .

I agree that the eyes of the bobcat do not look normal . Looks like it has make-up , mascara , or something . He also kind of is looking inside . Still, he looks pretty good so far .
Image Image ImageImage

Thx to have worked hard on the roaming bug and thx also to those who provided roaming bug reports . Still, will wait to have it really , officially killed , before jumping with joy .

Keep up the good hard work EW.
The eyes look realistic, the eyes on a cat changes.... depends on the lightning. The cats u posted pictures of where in a bright enviroment. The developers can't make the eyes for bright envirmonet and dark (Even tho changing eyes would be awesome)

But they seem to point a bit to far towards the nose tho, a little change there would be good

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Thanks for the comments all. Regarding the weekend server hiccups, Luna has posted about it here.
JimboCrow wrote:The bobcat looks great! Thank you very much. Looking forward to another tough species. Very nice update, and on a Sunday too! You must be at work early this morning, Alena. :shock: :)

(Bravo on catching that roaming bug. Wow, it must have taken some serious digging. Kudos and thanks in advance of the fix.) :D
I am travelling in a slightly different time zone right now (I think, close to yourself actually! ), so it was late evening for me :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

bobcat looks ace well done ! 8-)

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”