The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 28th August 2017

Post by Violator31 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
Remember Clarence the cross eyed lion ?
Thank you.
I knew there was something about it that I recognized but couldn't dust off the grey matter enough to come up with it.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

HooCairs wrote:
Sheldon wrote:Image
Seeing this picture I would also prefer bright greenish eyes on the cat.
It would be cool to see many different eye colors, like the hair variations on the goats.

Thanks for working on the bug, and for the update
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

FatMountainbear wrote:
gas56 wrote:
This is your cat with a couple details painted in.

Hell, Gas, this looooooooks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;-)
looks awesome!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

DanthemanBoone wrote:I have to agree my first reaction was that the eyes on the model look like they came from the TV show Daktari.
Remember Clarence the cross eyed lion ?
OH sorry, most of you aren't as old as me.
LOL.
Old enough....
I forgot about watching this show it was so long ago.... :lol:
This clip refreshed my memory.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=da ... &FORM=VIRE
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

I remember Daktari- It came on Saturday mornings - I won't goooogle it- but I think they drove around in Range Rovers with the lion in the back, couldn't see snot but always scared off the bad guys - hell I was little man- and the one doctor- she was hot right? I always remember the chics with big kitties- :D
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

cats looking so much better, though, they do seem extremely cute/feminine, especially the very bottom pic. I think it is the larger than normal eye size. Maybe somehow make the face a little bit more realistic.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

D3AKUs wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:cats looking so much better, though, they do seem extremely cute/feminine, especially the very bottom pic. I think it is the larger than normal eye size. Maybe somehow make the face a little bit more realistic.
Maybe its intended as a sort of defense mechanic , so if we finally find one we cant pull the trigger when it looks at us with those big eyes ... :lol:
Maybe thats why they say those cats will be a challenge to hunt :D

I love the model, they are so adorable.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

The problem with the eyes is that a cats pupils are only round in darkness. In bright light they are almost a straight vertical or slightly tilted line. As the light level drops it slowly widens at the center creating an ellipse while the top and bottom of the pupil stay relatively the same width. Now I know you will not be able to make the pupils change with the light, but they should not be round.
Below shows the shape and how minor light change affects them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc72UinpjHM

Also cats do not see very well during bright daylight (not as good humans) so the AI should reflect this. They do however see exceptionally well in very low light conditions.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Ahhh, I love this new bobcat! It looks fantastic :) The fur looks great now with the better lighting, amazing work!

Re: The eyes, if people are really bothered--I think what's up is that they're a bit far apart, more like housecats. Bringing them even a few pixels closer together using that pic results in:

Or, if you wanted to thin the pupils down:

In case it's still changeable, maybe it might help? I love it either way, though.

Btw, guys, the nose IS flesh-toned, it's just dark in this darker picture--if you look at the others they do have lighter brown noses :)
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

DHRifleman wrote:The problem with the eyes is that a cats pupils are only round in darkness. In bright light they are almost a straight vertical or slightly tilted line. As the light level drops it slowly widens at the center creating an ellipse while the top and bottom of the pupil stay relatively the same width. Now I know you will not be able to make the pupils change with the light, but they should not be round.

Indeed, this is how they look in light, about 6-7 p.m. An ellipse is beginning to form

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”