Game Update August 23rd

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Game Update August 23rd

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Here is a video of the phenomenon. I don't think it has anything to with waiting before clicking on the taxidermy screen. I harvested this Grey Wolf at 8 seconds of the video, the circle started immediately, and even though I waited 40 seconds or more to click on the taxidermy option, it remained until the end of my hunt.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Here is a video of the phenomenon. I don't think it has anything to with waiting before clicking on the taxidermy screen. I harvested this Grey Wolf at 8 seconds of the video, the circle started immediately, and even though I waited 40 seconds or more to click on the taxidermy option, it remained until the end of my hunt.
Hey Stan, I just saw this same problem happen to Johanna and Stephan on today's live stream. They are going to make the devs aware of it, so you can be sure it will be taken care of soon.
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Here is a video of the phenomenon. I don't think it has anything to with waiting before clicking on the taxidermy screen. I harvested this Grey Wolf at 8 seconds of the video, the circle started immediately, and even though I waited 40 seconds or more to click on the taxidermy option, it remained until the end of my hunt.
Have you the same with taxidermize disabled ?
For disabled it : when you hunt : right click on huntermate => options => gameplay => Enable Taxidermy Prompt from harwest screen = no
(you have the Taxidermy Prompt only if you take a trophy shoot, work fine for me)
You can test it and see if you have the same problem.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for the replies to the spinning circle phenomenon, folks. I'm relieved in a sense that I'm not the only one. It is quite annoying/distracting, 'cause you are left wondering if the game is gonna crash. I hope EW fixes it soon. I don't play on "Steam" I had issues with this update and theHunte launcher, so I used the ol' trick of copy/paste game from "Steam" into my theHunter folder. That is when the spinning circle showed up and hasn't left. Thought maybe it had something to do with the "Steam" game folder. I guess not tho' since others are having same issue. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

LEFLOR wrote:
Have you the same with taxidermize disabled ?
For disabled it : when you hunt : right click on huntermate => options => gameplay => Enable Taxidermy Prompt from harwest screen = no
(you have the Taxidermy Prompt only if you take a trophy shoot, work fine for me)
You can test it and see if you have the same problem.
I tested your solution. It works. I turned off except for trophy shots. First harvest, took a trophy shot. Got the taxidermy pop-up, no spinning circle. Second harvest, didn't take a trophy shot, no taxidermy pop-up, and no spinning circle. Thanks, LEFLOR! :D

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
LEFLOR
Scout

Post by LEFLOR »

Good news, and you will see you will also have fewer lags when hunting ducks or geese :)
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

JMMax wrote:Please put the yellow tint shooting glasses back to the way they were before this update. They brightened everything up before like they should and now its darker. I know they are titled hunting glasses but aren't they suppose to be shooting glasses?
Thanks, we'll check that.
dools24 wrote:Is the team working on all roaming animals or just bears
All animals are affected to some extent, it only happens more often with bears. And yes, it will be fixed for all animals.
JMMax
Spotter

Post by JMMax »

thanks Alena

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”